Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 308

Thread: Evan or Lance?

  1. #176
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,899

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are correct. Polished is a good way to describe it. Turner went to OSU and Lance to Cincinnati. Lance was ridiculously raw entering the NBA. Lance is 2 years younger and is still an unfinished product. We have yet to see his ceiling. I fully expect his shooting to improve and his post game to get better. He will become an overall smarter player given more years in the league.

    So, what I am saying is that I would not be surprised to see Lance get better in both of those aspects of the game. I think his potential is greater in all aspects of the game, although Turner's mid range game is very good and may always be a little better.

    Edit: I will attribute a 1M/year difference in their salaries to only one thing: Lance wanting to stay in Indy at all costs. Lance is definitely worth more than 1M/year extra.
    This I agree with. I know there is a lot of talk about Lance being a "mini LeBron" style wise, but I think he is more like a young Wade. Back when we still called Wade, Flash. Wade was just constantly attacking the basket, which is what Lance does as well. He can hit jumpers, but its just not reliable enough yet. It was earlier in the season, but as its gone on, it hasn't been there. I wonder if he's fallen back into an old habit that he had worked his way out of.

  2. #177
    Next stop June 2015
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,091

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This I agree with. I know there is a lot of talk about Lance being a "mini LeBron" style wise, but I think he is more like a young Wade. Back when we still called Wade, Flash. Wade was just constantly attacking the basket, which is what Lance does as well. He can hit jumpers, but its just not reliable enough yet. It was earlier in the season, but as its gone on, it hasn't been there. I wonder if he's fallen back into an old habit that he had worked his way out of.
    He could be a young Wade, although he will never be that quick. Let's hope he becomes more of a LeBron because LJ greatly improved his perimeter game. Wade never really did.

  3. #178
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,530

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Lance is a tad overrated on this board. To compare him to hall of fame players like Wade or Leborn is crazy. Those guys dominated the game the second they came into the league, whereas Lance was a bench warmer who didn't play his first two years, was a 5th option glue guy last year, and is having a good year this year--in his contract year nonetheless. Lance isn't anywhere close to their talent level.

    Against the elite teams this year (MIA, OKC, POR, SA, and LAC) Lance is averaging 12, 5 and 3. That doesn't scream elite hall of fame type talent to me. Lance is a lot closer to Tyreke Evans than he is DWade or Lebron.

    That being said, Lance definitely worth something between $8-10 mil a yr, maybe $10.5. Once you start eeking towards that $11-12 mil area, I feel it's overpaying for Lance and you start to look at other options IE ET.

    I really like the pace and polish that Turner has as opposed to the flashy yet at times out of control play for Lance. Yes Lance has had the opportunity to play on a championship contending team, but Turner has not only contributed to a team that went to a game 7 with the Celtics, but he hit a few key/winning baskets that year--so it's not like Turner has always played for a losing team.

  4. #179
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,899

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    BlueNGold and I aren't saying Lance is as talented as Wade or LeBron, but his playstyle is similar to theirs.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  6. #180
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,491

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BlueNGold and I aren't saying Lance is as talented as Wade or LeBron, but his playstyle is similar to theirs.
    He has the thick, powerful build of LeBron with the incredible body control of Wade. I can see the comparison. Not that he will ever be as good as either of them (gonna go out on a limb and say he won't ever even sniff LeBron's level), but you can make comparisons between players without saying they will be as good as the player you are comparing them to.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  8. #181
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,530

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has the thick, powerful build of LeBron with the incredible body control of Wade. I can see the comparison. Not that he will ever be as good as either of them (gonna go out on a limb and say he won't ever even sniff LeBron's level), but you can make comparisons between players without saying they will be as good as the player you are comparing them to.
    This is true. I guess when it comes to comparing players I normally compare players of similar talent levels. Comparing Lance to a Tyreke Evans for example.

    Just a personal opinion. I guess I can see the comparisons you all are trying to make even if I disagree with them a bit. It's all a simple matter of opinion is all

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  10. #182
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Terre Haute, IN
    Posts
    7

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance is a tad overrated on this board. To compare him to hall of fame players like Wade or Leborn is crazy. Those guys dominated the game the second they came into the league, whereas Lance was a bench warmer who didn't play his first two years, was a 5th option glue guy last year, and is having a good year this year--in his contract year nonetheless. Lance isn't anywhere close to their talent level.

    Against the elite teams this year (MIA, OKC, POR, SA, and LAC) Lance is averaging 12, 5 and 3. That doesn't scream elite hall of fame type talent to me. Lance is a lot closer to Tyreke Evans than he is DWade or Lebron.

    That being said, Lance definitely worth something between $8-10 mil a yr, maybe $10.5. Once you start eeking towards that $11-12 mil area, I feel it's overpaying for Lance and you start to look at other options IE ET.

    I really like the pace and polish that Turner has as opposed to the flashy yet at times out of control play for Lance. Yes Lance has had the opportunity to play on a championship contending team, but Turner has not only contributed to a team that went to a game 7 with the Celtics, but he hit a few key/winning baskets that year--so it's not like Turner has always played for a losing team.
    Dwayne Wade is a hall of famer?

  11. #183

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fawn Lebowitz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dwayne Wade is a hall of famer?
    No, but Dwyane Wade is.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:


  13. #184
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,873

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Stephenson, obviously.


    But quite frankly... I can't believe Simon wouldn't go into the luxury tax for a few years. Dude is 79 years old and you can't take the money with you. If I were him, I would spend some of it for a shot at a title(s). Seeing any of my favorite teams win a championship would mean a lot to me and I have nothing invested other than being a fan. As an owner of a team, I'd hope he's a bigger fan of the team than I am. If he'd rather die with his money over winning a title, then I'm going to say he's not a bigger fan than I am. It's not like he wouldn't still have plenty of money to leave behind to his family if he went into the luxury tax for 2-5 years. I guess that's just how I see it... I know if I were an 80 year old owner and I knew I couldn't take the money with me, I'd like to enjoy winning championships while I'm still here. Money will do me no good when I inevitably die in the next decade or so.

  14. #185
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,475

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stephenson, obviously.


    But quite frankly... I can't believe Simon wouldn't go into the luxury tax for a few years. Dude is 79 years old and you can't take the money with you. If I were him, I would spend some of it for a shot at a title(s). Seeing any of my favorite teams win a championship would mean a lot to me and I have nothing invested other than being a fan. As an owner of a team, I'd hope he's a bigger fan of the team than I am. If he'd rather die with his money over winning a title, then I'm going to say he's not a bigger fan than I am. It's not like he wouldn't still have plenty of money to leave behind to his family if he went into the luxury tax for 2-5 years. I guess that's just how I see it... I know if I were an 80 year old owner and I knew I couldn't take the money with me, I'd like to enjoy winning championships while I'm still here. Money will do me no good when I inevitably die in the next decade or so.

    These words of wisdom can apply to all of us no matter the age. There are no guarantees on tomorrow.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  15. #186
    Next stop June 2015
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,091

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, but Dwyane Wade is.
    But is he?

  16. #187
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Absolutely.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  18. #188
    Next stop June 2015
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,091

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely.
    DWade may very well be in the HOF some day. He isn't there yet though.

  19. #189
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,530

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fawn Lebowitz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dwayne Wade is a hall of famer?
    Undoubtedly. His list of accomplishments screams HOF

    Career 24, 5, and 6.
    3 NBA championships
    1 finals MVP
    An Olympic gold medalist
    Leading scorer on redeem team
    1 time NBA scoring leader
    10 time all star
    8 time All NBA

    He's about as sure fire of a HOF'er as you can get. How is that even a question

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  21. #190

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DWade may very well be in the HOF some day. He isn't there yet though.
    He's basically already in. He could never touch a basketball again and he'd still make it easily. There's a group of absolute locks playing now (Dirk, Duncan, LeBron, Kobe, probably a couple more I'm forgetting) and Wade is one of them.

  22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:


  23. #191
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,003

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stephenson, obviously.


    But quite frankly... I can't believe Simon wouldn't go into the luxury tax for a few years. Dude is 79 years old and you can't take the money with you. If I were him, I would spend some of it for a shot at a title(s). Seeing any of my favorite teams win a championship would mean a lot to me and I have nothing invested other than being a fan. As an owner of a team, I'd hope he's a bigger fan of the team than I am. If he'd rather die with his money over winning a title, then I'm going to say he's not a bigger fan than I am. It's not like he wouldn't still have plenty of money to leave behind to his family if he went into the luxury tax for 2-5 years. I guess that's just how I see it... I know if I were an 80 year old owner and I knew I couldn't take the money with me, I'd like to enjoy winning championships while I'm still here. Money will do me no good when I inevitably die in the next decade or so.
    I don't disagree necessarily, but Simon got to where he is today by being a prudent and savvy businessman first and foremost. Recklessly throwing out money to gamble on winning a title might go against the very grain that has made him so financially successful in the first place.

  24. #192

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by seeker80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would be fun to see what kind of player he really is by putting him in Philly.

    I shudder to think of the ever present possibility of a meltdown if the control rods (David West) were pulled.

    Dude's in the top 10 in techs now, can you imagine putting him in a fluid scenario?

    Will be fun to see what kind of player he is in 2 years when he's the same age as Turner. Can you imagine?

  25. #193
    Next stop June 2015
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,091

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's basically already in. He could never touch a basketball again and he'd still make it easily. There's a group of absolute locks playing now (Dirk, Duncan, LeBron, Kobe, probably a couple more I'm forgetting) and Wade is one of them.
    Ask Pete Rose about that. I agree he's a lock for the HOF if he doesn't pull a Rose or maybe a Raymond Felton.

    The lesson here is, don't count your chickens before they're hatched.

  26. #194
    The Chef! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,195

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Wade is absolutely a HOFer. Zero doubt. Still hate the guy, but yeah. Every member of the Big 3 is a Hall of Famer.
    @qandrews9428

  27. #195
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,491

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ask Pete Rose about that. I agree he's a lock for the HOF if he doesn't pull a Rose or maybe a Raymond Felton.

    The lesson here is, don't count your chickens before they're hatched.
    His chickens have hatched and grown to maturity. The Pete Rose comparison isn't a comparison. For one, this isn't baseball and it's wildly idiotic HOF. Two, as others have said, Wade can hang up his sneakers today and be in the HOF. A couple of ****** years at the end of his career will not matter.

  28. #196
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,592

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wade is absolutely a HOFer. Zero doubt. Still hate the guy, but yeah. Every member of the Big 3 is a Hall of Famer.
    Bosh shouldn't be a hall of famer.

  29. #197
    The Chef! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,195

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bosh shouldn't be a hall of famer.
    He absolutely should be. If he retired today, he should be.

    If he didn't make it, he would be the only player in the History of the NBA to....

    -be in 8 All Star Games or more...
    -Average 19.3 points or better.
    - Shoot 49.8 percent or better...
    -Play more than 28000 minutes.
    -Score more than 14881 points.

    To not make the Hall of Fame. Every single other player with those stats has made it.
    Obviously Duncan and Shaq are surefire hall of famers. There is no argument here...

    @qandrews9428

  30. #198
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,592

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He absolutely should be. If he retired today, he should be.

    If he didn't make it, he would be the only player in the History of the NBA to....

    -be in 8 All Star Games or more...
    -Average 19.3 points or better.
    - Shoot 49.8 percent or better...
    -Play more than 28000 minutes.
    -Score more than 14881 points.

    To not make the Hall of Fame. Every single other player with those stats has made it.
    Obviously Duncan and Shaq are surefire hall of famers. There is no argument here...
    Stats aren't everything. He hasn't done anything to deserve being in the Hall of Fame. He is a decent player, but hardly Hall of Fame worthy. His accomplishments and talent are similar to Granger's, and while I love Granger he isn't a Hall of Fame talent.

  31. #199
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,899

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stats aren't everything. He hasn't done anything to deserve being in the Hall of Fame. He is a decent player, but hardly Hall of Fame worthy. His accomplishments and talent are similar to Granger's, and while I love Granger he isn't a Hall of Fame talent.
    Disagree. Bosh was more impressive in Toronto than Granger was here in Indy. He was a legit 20+ppg 10rpg player there. There is a reason Bosh is signed to a max contract. Because he's actually that good. People like to rag on the guy, but the Heat wouldn't have won a single championship without him. He's got two rings, chances are he wins more if Miami stays together.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  33. #200
    The Chef! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,195

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stats aren't everything. He hasn't done anything to deserve being in the Hall of Fame. He is a decent player, but hardly Hall of Fame worthy. His accomplishments and talent are similar to Granger's, and while I love Granger he isn't a Hall of Fame talent.
    NBA Championships:2
    NBA All-Star: 2005–06; 2006–07; 2007–08; 2008–09 (did not participate due to injury); 2009–10; 2010–11; 2011–12; 2012–13; 2013–14
    All-NBA Second Team: 2006–07
    NBA All-Rookie Team: 2003–04
    NBA Rookie All-Star Game: 2003–04; 2004–05
    Bronze medal winner with Team USA at the 2006 FIBA World Championship
    Gold medal winner with Team USA at the 2008 Summer Olympics

    Raptors achèvements:
    Third-youngest player in NBA history to record 1,000 rebounds[2]
    Fourth-youngest player in NBA history to record 20 points and 20 rebounds in a game[2]
    Toronto's all-time leader in minutes played
    Toronto's first player to achieve 10,000 points
    Toronto's all-time leader in points scored[62]
    Toronto's all-time leader in rebounds[50]
    Toronto's all-time leader in defensive rebounds[50]
    Toronto's all-time leader in offensive rebounds[50]
    Toronto's all-time leader in rebounds per game
    Toronto's all-time leader in rebounds per game in a season
    Toronto's all-time leader in blocks
    Toronto's all-time leader in free throws made[92]
    Toronto's all-time leader in free throws made in a season
    Toronto's all-time leader in free throws attempted[92]
    Toronto's all-time leader in free throws attempted in a season
    Toronto's all-time leader in double-doubles[29]
    Toronto's all-time leader in double-doubles in a season

    Granger's accomplishments.....

    NBA All-Star (2009)
    NBA Most Improved Player (2009)
    NBA All-Rookie Second Team (2006)

    I appreciate everything Granger did...but it's just a really bad comparison.
    @qandrews9428

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •