Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Evan or Lance?

Default Re: Evan or Lance?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Definitely killed your argument here.

Jimmer and Lou are the only options I can think of. Unless IF we have to make THIS decision in the off-season, you guys wanna make a deal for Rondo or Lowry?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Disrupting the starting five, a line up which has been one of, if not the best line up in the NBA the past few seasons to keep a bench player is just a horrendous idea.

Its really mind blowing to see how under appreciated Hill is by a lot of Pacers fans. Go back and watch that Knicks game where we lost without him. Just a horrendous game.

And if we bring in Rondo or Lowry we aren't keeping Lance and ET, so whats the point of that?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Jimmer and Lou are the only options I can think of. Unless IF we have to make THIS decision in the off-season, you guys wanna make a deal for Rondo or Lowry?
    All of that is unnecessary. We are either going to keep ET or Lance to play WITH Hill. It's no coincidence that we have been a good team since the arrival of Hill (and West obviously), and an elite team ever since he moved into the starting lineup. Hill is a winner, and his contributions can't be replaced by end of the bench guys just because they're also combo guards.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Disrupting the starting five, a line up which has been one of, if not the best line up in the NBA the past few seasons to keep a bench player is just a horrendous idea.

Its really mind blowing to see how under appreciated Hill is by a lot of Pacers fans. Go back and watch that Knicks game where we lost without him. Just a horrendous game.

And if we bring in Rondo or Lowry we aren't keeping Lance and ET, so whats the point of that?

The point for me would be IF you're gonna move one of those players, you'd wanna get something back in the league of Rondo or Lowry. I could see a deal where Turner or Lance (most likely Turner)....is moved with Hill for a Rondo or Lowry + a backup 2 guard. Or a backup scorer. Again I think it's too early to talk about this because I wanna see what happens this season. And if this team wins it all, or gets to an NBA Finals game 7, bringing everyone back IS an option. Or should at least be strongly considered.

UNLESS, we do for Jimmer what we did for Lance. With off season work, Jimmer can be good. I think. He has the shot. Just needs defense and dribble work.
    UNLESS Jimmer suddenly becomes athletic and talented with the ball.

This is the wrong point in a career to try to change a players complete game. And this is the wrong team to do it with.

Default Evan or Lance?

Ultimately, what we'd all like to see is we keep Evan and Lance. We also keep Hill as the backup pg. Then we replace him with Rondo. Also, we could get Danny back...

Then we realize theres this issue called money.

And reality hits us again
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Ultimately, what we'd all like to see is we keep Evan and Lance. We also keep Hill as the backup pg. Then we replace him with Rondo. Also, we could get Danny back...

Then we realize theres this issue called money.

And reality hits us again

Which is why it's essential we beat Miami this year. Winning it all would be the icing on the cake. That'll ultimately determine if this team stays together or not.

Which is why it's essential we beat Miami this year. Winning it all would be the icing on the cake. That'll ultimately determine if this team stays together or not.
    Not really. We just won't be keeping Turner and Lance. It will be way too expensive regardless of playoff fortune. It would have been too expensive to keep Lance and Granger and thats with Granger taking a deal that is no where near the nearly $9 million Turner will be owed.

Mood

And who is playing point guard? Because neither of those guys are one. I would be pissed if Hill were moved to keep either guy.

Lance isn't far better, he's just flashier. Hill is like West, he just goes in and gets the job done. We would be in trouble if we didn't have Hill. The game against the Knicks last year in the post season shows that.
    Honestly I love Turner at the point, he has really good vision, can drive, can draw defenders and get it to open guys, it is not like Hill is bringing the ball up every play or initiating the offense. Honestly I think Turners biggest value comes if he does have the ball in his hands making things happen.
    Why so SERIOUS

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There's an LT discount that goes along with winning the championship? Cool.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Mood

Also I will add on the Hill issue, there were times which most were not convinced he was even a point guard and some still aren't.

Honestly when is the last time you saw him make a list of the top PGs in the league, top 15 top 20, heck even top 25... most really do not care for him as a PG.
    Why so SERIOUS

Not really. We just won't be keeping Turner and Lance. It will be way too expensive regardless of playoff fortune. It would have been too expensive to keep Lance and Granger and thats with Granger taking a deal that is no where near the nearly $9 million Turner will be owed.

Well then I hope something earth-shattering happens to change our fortunes in off-season player personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post

Nope. But the chances of breaking up a championship team are very rare.

Everyone knows Hill is a combo guard. But are there really 15-25 players on this list that you would rather have at the helm than him? http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...n/point-guards There are 10 players on that list that I would take over Hill. Does that make Hill the 11th best PG? No. But when I think about this team and what he brings to it, there aren't many guys I would take over him. And while I say Deron Williams and Kyrie Irving are better than Hill, and are in the 10 I previously mentioned, I am wondering would they fit in even? Probably not.

Do not under estimate the sacrifices Hill makes statistics wise being with this starting five. Same as David West.

Also Turner is not a full time point for the same reasons as Lance.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Well then I hope something earth-shattering happens to change our fortunes in off-season player personnel.
    You do realize we were one game away from the finals without Turner last season right? And that was with a Lance not being near the same player he is today and with PG just starting to break out.

Letting a bench player walk isn't breaking up a championship team. Trading its starting point guard away is though.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    That would explain why Miami is willing/able to keep their guys together.

You do realize we were one game away from the finals without Turner last season right? And that was with a Lance not being near the same player he is today and with PG just starting to break out.

Letting a bench player walk isn't breaking up a championship team. Trading its starting point guard away is though.

I just don't like the idea of trading for this kid. And letting him walk in the off-season. I think, well..........wish we could keep our squad together for many years like the Spurs have. Bench and starters.

Everyone knows Hill is a combo guard. But are there really 15-25 players on this list that you would rather have at the helm than him? http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...n/point-guards There are 10 players on that list that I would take over Hill. Does that make Hill the 11th best PG? No. But when I think about this team and what he brings to it, there aren't many guys I would take over him. And while I say Deron Williams and Kyrie Irving are better than Hill, and are in the 10 I previously mentioned, I am wondering would they fit in even? Probably not.

Do not under estimate the sacrifices Hill makes statistics wise being with this starting five. Same as David West.

Also Turner is not a full time point for the same reasons as Lance.

I think D. Will and Kyrie are more talented scorers than Hill but D. Will is made of glass and Kyrie is more erratic than a drunken hooker on an out of control carousel. I would take Hill over BOTH. But not over Rondo. Or Lowry. Rondo would take this team to another level. Lowry looks for his offense more. And has a better off the dribble game. But will probably be over-priced this Summer.

The Spurs don't go much further than Duncan, Parker & Manu over the years. IE: CORE.

Pick 3. You can't have 4.

I just don't like the idea of trading for this kid. And letting him walk in the off-season. I think, well..........wish we could keep our squad together for many years like the Spurs have. Bench and starters.
    How many players on the Spurs were actually on the Spurs over 4 years ago? They had to trade us Hill, who could easily be compared to Turner while playing for the Spurs because they couldn't afford to pay to keep the coach's favorite player.

By the way, the answer is 4 players. The Spurs only have 4 players on their roster today who were on the roster in 09-10. Matt Bonner being the 4th guy.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Matt Bonner being the 4th guy.

Like someone said, you can't have 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    How many players on the Spurs were actually on the Spurs over 4 years ago? They had to trade us Hill, who could easily be compared to Turner while playing for the Spurs because they couldn't afford to pay to keep the coach's favorite player.

By the way, the answer is 4 players. The Spurs only have 4 players on their roster today who were on the roster in 09-10. Matt Bonner being the 4th guy.

Well, would they let Turner go for nothing, or sign and trade him? I think if we re-sign Lance, moving Turner and maybe Hill for a major PG upgrade would be the ideal move.

Spurs have kept three guys together. not a whole team

and if we gave up assets for Turner, I wouldn't like letting him walk either. But we didn't.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Well, would they let Turner go for nothing, or sign and trade him? I think if we re-sign Lance, moving Turner and maybe Hill for a major PG upgrade would be the ideal move.
    what major upgrade at PG are we getting that has the same salary as Hill?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

what major upgrade at PG are we getting that has the same salary as Hill?
    I think if you move Hill and Turner. And then we let go of Scola, Cope, or maybe Ian, we could make a trade for Rondo. That's about the only upgrade I'd see. So it could be Hill and Turner for Rondo. Or Hill and pieces for Rondo. But some people on here seem to believe a Rondo/Lance backcourt would be counter-productive. Hill is due 8 mil in the next 3 years. Rondo is due 11 mil in the next 2 years.

But what if we moved Lance to starting SF and PG to starting 2? Think he (Lance) could handle it? So while again it's too early to discuss this issue. My stance on the issue is if we let Turner go at season's end, we could move Hill and him, or Hill and other pieces for Rondo. Then re-sign Lance.
    Last edited by Grimp; 02-26-2014 at 05:30 PM.