Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 308

Thread: Evan or Lance?

  1. #76
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,690
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So that means even if we waive Scola, we have just under $10 million before we hit the luxury tax line. So **** the luxury tax you say? Okay, let's go low and assume Lance makes ~$10 million per year on his next contract, which puts us right over the tax line. Let's furthur assume that ET gets a contract slightly below his qualifying offer of $8.7 million and make it a clean $8 million/year--right in line with what George Hill makes. So now we are ~$18 million dollars over the tax line with 11 players under contract.
    One thing, and it's a small nitpick, but if we waive Scola, and have about 10 million to work with, and we give all of that and some more to Lance, with your round numbers, 62+10=72k... That is about 400k over the tax.
    So then add on Turners round 8mil and that puts us at 8.4 mil over, not 18mil. Not sure If that was a math error or some CBA clause I don't know about?
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,920

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Lance, but Evan will be a key guy for our postseason success
    Smothered Chicken!

  4. #78
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Maybe this thread should delve into Lance or Evan this season, not offseason?

    Who should be playing at the end of the games when it matters most. Most likely the determining factor is who is better at defending DWade.

    Big Lance fan but really like the added maturity and potential thus far of Evan with our starting 5.

  5. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Never been a member the "Legend" cult, but I might go to the next tent meeting to reconsider joining after the Turner deal. I am a big believer in DG and was sad to see him go, but Turner is a huge upgrade. Danny was a shadow of his former self (hope his game improves over time) and we have a more athletic scorer along with a servicable big in an even swap. As I sat at the game yesterday, the smile on my face got bigger and bigger as I watched ET work pretty seamlessly into the program and I kept searching for a word on what Bird had done...

    The term theft came to mind.

    And we bolster our already formidable chances for a title...

    And it gives Bird leverage in the upcoming negoitation with "Magic"...

    Pretty f'ng cagey.

    As someone who moved in from out of state and then married a Hoosier, I sometimes forget how Hoosiers (Bird) think. They are salt of the earth, do it the right way, we the know the value of a dollar kind of people. When it comes to their basketball, think Norman Dale. Bird doesn't believe in 2nd place, giving it a good try or anyone is bigger than the team. If he can wave goodbye to DG without blinking, trust me, he will sit across from Lance and wish him well if his contract doesn't fit into the overall scheme of things.

    Go to plan B and continue to rock and roll.

    Either way, I am going to sit back and enjoy the hell out of this. My boss is a monster Heat fan (lived and worked in Miami for a long time) and he is looking even more concerned over the past few days.

    Bird clearly, decisively won this round.

    And Bynum's presence seems to have "motivated" Ian, but that is a different thread.

    What is it that Bostonians always say when asked "what's the word?"

    "Bird is the word"
    Last edited by seeker80; 02-26-2014 at 11:10 AM. Reason: can't spell

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seeker80 For This Useful Post:


  7. #80
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,055
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Turner goes 3-9 tomorrow people are going to want a do over on the trade. Let's wait to see him play some more.
    I don't think that is the case, Turner has been around long enough to know what kind of player he is, his shooting is inconsistent but he will always contribute on the court. I feel this teams style of play should really allow him to use his abilities much more than with the Sixers, I should add that I wanted Turner on this team for sometime now and was really surprised when we actually got him.
    Why so SERIOUS

  8. #81
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by seeker80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And Bynum's presence seems to have "motivated" Ian, but that is a different thread.
    And you know, I think this has been an underrated point up until now, and now it gets even more prominent with the arrival of Turner because now we're seeing it with Watson as well; these guys put pressure on Ian and CJ to be on their game because Bynum could easily take over Ian's spot, and Frank has the possible luxury of playing Lance and Turner at the same time in the back court with Paul George at SF, so their minutes are potentially at stake here, and like you said I think this means we'll get their top efforts right now because obviously they don't want that to happen at their expense. Since they're good guys, it's having a positive effect on the team rather than causing in-fighting or whatnot that could happen on a bad team or with less mature players.

  9. #82
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,055
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And you know, I think this has been an underrated point up until now, and now it gets even more prominent with the arrival of Turner because now we're seeing it with Watson as well; these guys put pressure on Ian and CJ to be on their game because Bynum could easily take over Ian's spot, and Frank has the possible luxury of playing Lance and Turner at the same time in the back court with Paul George at SF, so their minutes are potentially at stake here, and like you said I think this means we'll get their top efforts right now because obviously they don't want that to happen at their expense. Since they're good guys, it's having a positive effect on the team rather than causing in-fighting or whatnot that could happen on a bad team or with less mature players.
    Atleast until they get comfortable again.
    Why so SERIOUS

  10. #83

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Evan and Lance can both be re-signed if ownership feels it's worth it. It all depends. Moving George Hill for a cheaper PG, and letting go of Scola would be essential in getting that to happen though.

  11. #84
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,506

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    What ET did last night was good stuff, but Lance is a unique cat.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  12. #85
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,051

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Evan and Lance can both be re-signed if ownership feels it's worth it. It all depends. Moving George Hill for a cheaper PG, and letting go of Scola would be essential in getting that to happen though.
    I'm just going to go ahead and put it out there. Hill is a better player than Lance. He doesn't have the circus shots and passes like Lance, but he is a smarter player who usually takes care of the ball and plays better defense, as well has a wider array of "tricks" on offense than Lance. He is just more of a David West than a Harlem Globetrotter.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  14. #86
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,240

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Owl you are one of my favorite posters, and the topic is an important one. But it is just too soon.

    At this point it is too early to make a call on one or the other. What is not to early is to discuss their merits as the games go by. Maybe the thread title should just be
    "Evan Turner".
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:


  16. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What ET did last night was good stuff, but Lance is a unique cat.
    that's true, but we are still working out what kind of cat and how much its worth.

  17. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just going to go ahead and put it out there. Hill is a better player than Lance. He doesn't have the circus shots and passes like Lance, but he is a smarter player who usually takes care of the ball and plays better defense, as well has a wider array of "tricks" on offense than Lance. He is just more of a David West than a Harlem Globetrotter.
    you had to go there.

    and in, 5...4...3...2...1...

  18. #89
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,051

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by seeker80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you had to go there.

    and in, 5...4...3...2...1...
    Haha, yes, but I'm not going to get in an argument over it. Just tired of everyone trying to pawn off Hill just because he isn't flashy.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  20. #90
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,417

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One thing, and it's a small nitpick, but if we waive Scola, and have about 10 million to work with, and we give all of that and some more to Lance, with your round numbers, 62+10=72k... That is about 400k over the tax.
    So then add on Turners round 8mil and that puts us at 8.4 mil over, not 18mil. Not sure If that was a math error or some CBA clause I don't know about?
    Yeah I was doing quick math, and I suck at math when I take my time

    My mistake guys.

  21. #91
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha, yes, but I'm not going to get in an argument over it. Just tired of everyone trying to pawn off Hill just because he isn't flashy.
    It reminds me of a discussion I had with my boss who wasn't raised in Indy. It was during the Pacers' request (demand) for an additional 10 mil to operate BLF. He was a big Colts fan and didn't see the irony when he said the Pacers should be told no and if they left, they left, while Irsay was getting much, much, much more for the same thing at LOS.

    I told him that Pacers weren't going anywhere because when this town was a cow town, long before the Colts showed up, the Pacers were Indy. While not entirely the same situation, it is HIGHLY unlikely GH is being peddled around like yesterday's newspaper. More reliable than Lance in a number of areas, including handles, he's also a local guy who is genuinely liked in this town. And I think the support/respect from the rest of his teammates dwarfs what Lance receives, including from the team's superstar.

    Don't sell him short.

  22. #92

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just going to go ahead and put it out there. Hill is a better player than Lance. He doesn't have the circus shots and passes like Lance, but he is a smarter player who usually takes care of the ball and plays better defense, as well has a wider array of "tricks" on offense than Lance. He is just more of a David West than a Harlem Globetrotter.

    No way. Lance is far better. He at least gets the ball moving and adds some excitement to the team. If it had to be done, I'd move Hill to keep Turner and Lance. But it depends on what Turner does this season in Indy and so far, so good.

  23. #93
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No way. Lance is far better. He at least gets the ball moving and adds some excitement to the team. If it had to be done, I'd move Hill to keep Turner and Lance. But it depends on what Turner does this season in Indy and so far, so good.
    And who is playing point guard? Because neither of those guys are one. I would be pissed if Hill were moved to keep either guy.

    Lance isn't far better, he's just flashier. Hill is like West, he just goes in and gets the job done. We would be in trouble if we didn't have Hill. The game against the Knicks last year in the post season shows that.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  25. #94

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And who is playing point guard? Because neither of those guys are one. I would be pissed if Hill were moved to keep either guy.

    Lance isn't far better, he's just flashier. Hill is like West, he just goes in and gets the job done. We would be in trouble if we didn't have Hill. The game against the Knicks last year in the post season shows that.



    Hill can be replaced with a cheaper PG though. Lou Williams or Jimmer even. This is all conjecture because everyone is focused on this season. But I like having someone off the bench who can get their own shot. I also think all of this plugging in will make the front office look bad. If we sign and trade Turner, we'd still be paying him on our end no?

  26. #95

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hill can be replaced with a cheaper PG though. Lou Williams or Jimmer even.
    You get what you pay for.

    Jimmer leading THIS team ?? Really ?? He'd lead it right to a lottery pick.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  28. #96
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hill can be replaced with a cheaper PG though. Lou Williams or Jimmer even.
    Definitely killed your argument here.

  29. #97
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hill can be replaced with a cheaper PG though. Lou Williams or Jimmer even. This is all conjecture because everyone is focused on this season. But I like having someone off the bench who can get their own shot. I also think all of this plugging in will make the front office look bad. If we sign and trade Turner, we'd still be paying him on our end no?
    The fact that you think George Hill can be replaced by Lou Williams, let alone Jimmer, is insane. Jimmer, who the Kings have been trying to trade forever because he is an absolute bust and couldn't start for one of the worst teams in the NBA, can come in and start on a title contending team? Are you serious?

    You severely underestimate George Hill. The thought that Jimmer can replace Hill at all is insulting to Hill.

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  31. #98
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,690
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I was doing quick math, and I suck at math when I take my time

    My mistake guys.
    I mean, it's no problem, I was just making sure that I wasn't missing something :P

    And besides that that is still quite a considerable amount over the LT, when adding a couple more guys you are sitting somewhere in the 9-10 mil over the LT line, which ends up being a considerable amount more than that with the CBA provisions... If I were the owner I would do it, but I don't know his finances, personal life, etc... so it is easy to say from my point
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  32. #99

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You get what you pay for.

    Jimmer leading THIS team ?? Really ?? He'd lead it right to a lottery pick.

    UNLESS, we do for Jimmer what we did for Lance. With off season work, Jimmer can be good. I think. He has the shot. Just needs defense and dribble work.

  33. #100

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fact that you think George Hill can be replaced by Lou Williams, let alone Jimmer, is insane. Jimmer, who the Kings have been trying to trade forever because he is an absolute bust and couldn't start for one of the worst teams in the NBA, can come in and start on a title contending team? Are you serious?

    You severely underestimate George Hill. The thought that Jimmer can replace Hill at all is insulting to Hill.



    Lou is a good player. Jimmer is a reach, I'll admit. But Lou has a good offensive game. In our system, he'd have to learn a few tricks but the guy has game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •