Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Postgame vs Lakers

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Postgame vs Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I did. I'm getting tired of it, too. I also noticed that after Scola got rebounds after that, he always looked to get the ball to Turner and then would only settle and give it to Lance if ET wasn't available.
    Lance is an equal opportunity "get under your skin" kinda guy.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seeker80 For This Useful Post:

Another thing that occurred to me watching Turner was that him not being a knock-down 3 point shooter isn't nearly as problematic as you might think. I mean for one thing he's not AWFUL at it, but that's not my point. It's that when you have his midrange shooting (particularly off the dribble) and his post turn-around jumper, combined with his energy/movement, as long as his teammates understand how to react to him with proper off-ball movement, spacing, and when picks when he doesn't have the ball, it's not going to be that defenses just pack it in and ET stands stationary on the 3 point wing all the time. It might happen on some plays designed for action for other Pacers, but for the most part you can always have him either moving around the floor or playing with the live dribble and if the team is on the same page they will NOT make it easy for a defense to guard them, despite him not being a sharpshooter.

Replay is on NBA-TV starting at noon ...........

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Gasol on the Pacers:

"Sometimes it's unconsciously, but you're kind of waiting for the regular season to go by to get to the real thing, which is the playoffs," he said. "But to really be successful in the playoffs, you have to really set the groundwork during the season and put yourself in a position where you're ready for the playoffs. It's really important. But it is difficult to do when you've won championships. It's easier when you've lost and you're trying to get back there. That frustration and that anger is inside you. I think the Pacers, being close last year, they have a great opportunity this year and they look pretty hungry. I think they'll stay hungry the rest of the year."

From Holder: Pacers still have urge to get top seed
    2/25/2014
    http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...seed-/5825755/

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MyFavMartin For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    RIP Paul Walker

Also idk how anyone can say ET's pass to CJ for the three was a desperation pass. It was just a damn good play.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 31Since1990 View Post
    I'm starting to believe Bynum IS here just to keep him away from Miami... :-(

But we'd logically only want to keep him from Miami if we thought he had something left in the tank. Why would we care if he went to Miami if we felt that he was finished? If we think that he can help Miami, then it means that he can also help us.

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    I don't like what is Frank doing now with Scola and Copeland.

I'm a big fan of Scola's old game but he has been struggling for quite some time. It's not like he offers us a supreme defensive presence so you are hard pressed to bench him. Quite the opposite.
    If you are determined to give Butler a chance, then do it for Copeland too. Am not talking for something definite too either. Just try it out a bit. Cope will offer some good spacing for the team and shooting wise, he can't do any worse than Sola right now.

Give LaVoy or Cope a chance I agree. LaVoy reminds me a bit of Derrick McKey for some reason. They have similar mid-range jumpshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    But we'd logically only want to keep him from Miami if we thought he had something left in the tank. Why would we care if he went to Miami if we felt that he was finished? If we think that he can help Miami, then it means that he can also help us.
    Bynum will play sometime next week or the week after that. I could see him playing on our final west coast swing. When we're in Houston, then Dallas. Next week.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, we're keeping Bynum only to keep him from Miami, so much so that we're getting ready to put him in the intro video:

http://instagram.com/p/k5HJ3ul5fu/#
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo

When it comes to Scola I completely agree with Anthem. His elbow seems to be still hurting him. Luis was always a great shooter. He couldn't just lose it if it wasn't for an injury that is making it tough for him. Therefore, let's rest him a bit and give his elbow time to recuperate. It would be nice to see what we have in Copeland and Lavoy as well.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

So are we really going with ET in this forum. I hope we gravitate towards Evan or just Turner. Not ET.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    So are we really going with ET in this forum. I hope we gravitate towards Evan or just Turner. Not ET.
    Let's just call him the Terrestrial.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Yeah, we're keeping Bynum only to keep him from Miami, so much so that we're getting ready to put him in the intro video:

Nice loafers.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I prefer Turner, simply because my name is Evan, and I find it weird to call someone else Evan.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    I prefer Turner, simply because my name is Evan, and I find it weird to call someone else Evan.
    don't be such an Evanhog

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I noticed that Turner has slow lateral speed when it comes to defending Players. I noticed that if he is caught out of position and the Player he is defending attacks the basket....he tries to recover but is often too slow to get in front of him. I'm guessing that this is just a part of the reality that he's not that great at recovering....but I assume that Hibbert/Mahinmi/Bynum will be able to rush to his side to help defend the dribble penetration.

I don't like it...but I'm guessing that is what Team Defense is all about....backing each other up when it comes to how the defense should be run.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I just want to see him at least participate in some team drills. Show me he's somewhere CLOSE to hitting the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Also, Evan's end of 3rd pass to CJ for the THREE J was a perfect encapsulation of how I think his game will change now that he's here. In Philly, Evan is absolutely taking that mid range jumper, but as we saw he has the skills and vision to make the very nice over the top jump pass there and I absolutely loved the way he confidently turned and started walking back towards the Pacers bench before CJ even took the shot. I know some would say they'd like to see him crash the boards there, but I thought showing that sort of confidence in your teammate (and knowing that a corner 3 is his strength) was pretty impressive. That was maybe my favorite ET play of the night and he had several I was really happy with.
    I loved that play. I was less impressed with the "dribbling duo" possession (all that work and all we got out of it was a highly-contested 20-foot jumper), but that end-of-quarter play was perfect.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

"I'm your huckleberry"

No, let's go off the wall like some posters do, get clever and extend ET to just calling him "phone home". That way, we all sound on the inside and we have to stop the discussion, sigh at the newbie who asks about "phone home" and then resume the discussion after explaining it.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

29. The Following User Says Thank You to DocHolliday For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I noticed that Turner has slow lateral speed when it comes to defending Players. I noticed that if he is caught out of position and the Player he is defending attacks the basket....he tries to recover but is often too slow to get in front of him. I'm guessing that this is just a part of the reality that he's not that great at recovering....but I assume that Hibbert/Mahinmi/Bynum will be able to rush to his side to help defend the dribble penetration.

I don't like it...but I'm guessing that is what Team Defense is all about....backing each other up when it comes to how the defense should be run.
    Yep I watched his rookie year in the playoffs against James and this last Sixers game against the Heat and he looked slow.

The good is that he won't go for the stupid pump fake of Wade and he can hit contested 20 footers on Battier, Lebron or Wade. I think everyone will be very happy that he can hit that shot in multiple offensive sets.

Turner will be the third defender in line on Lebron or Wade so I don't think it will be as big of a problem as the Sixers tape. Now if he loses Ray Allen on the 3 point line then thats another story but I am less worried that he will get burned by Beasley or Allen who he will probably be guarding in the playoffs wants the rotations shorten up.

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post

Man, I would rock those red loafers for real though! lol

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Let's go deeper with the reference. Call him 'Ouch'.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

It *IS* kinda the perfect nickname guys.

I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful towards him, I happily cheer him on as a Pacer.

But the dude does have a very unique sounding voice.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post: