Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fredette Buyout

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Fredette Buyout

At some point we have to stop and allow all the new people to learn how to play together. We can't keep adding pieces when the pieces are already confused as to where they fit in the puzzle or what the puzzle even looks like.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

Puzzle =

On ESPN FIRST TAKE this morning, they were having a four way discussion about Buyout guys. One of the guys said Jimmer would fit nicely in Indy. I doubt Larry goes for him though, considering playoff rosters have to be set by March 1st.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Basically, the Kings decided they'd rather have Orlando Johnson than Jimmer, that's about all that needs to be said.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jimmer made 2.5mil... OJ signed 46k, so was a bit of cost-cutting.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jimmer made 2.5mil... OJ signed 46k, so was a bit of cost-cutting.
    except that they had to pay Jimmer most of the 2.5M to walk away
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    except that they had to pay Jimmer most of the 2.5M to walk away
    . . . and then pay OJ to take his place.

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Basically, the Kings decided they'd rather have Orlando Johnson than Jimmer, that's about all that needs to be said.
    Chicago Bulls, Cleveland Cavs both interested in Jimmer Fredette, sources say - ESPN

With Lance and Turner here, he'd be a good fit. We've got three wings who can handle the ball well enough to not need a point guard who can distribute. However, my understanding is that Jimmer's D is atrocious, and that's something we've done our best to avoid as a team. I think he's an upgrade over Sloan, but I can't see him getting minutes here unless there's an injury, making this a bad fit for him, career-wise.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    With Lance and Turner here, he'd be a good fit. We've got three wings who can handle the ball well enough to not need a point guard who can distribute. However, my understanding is that Jimmer's D is atrocious, and that's something we've done our best to avoid as a team. I think he's an upgrade over Sloan, but I can't see him getting minutes here unless there's an injury, making this a bad fit for him, career-wise.
    That is why he would be ridding the pine right next to Copeland and only seeing time in blowouts. The guy's defense is atrocious and defense is at the core of our team's identity. That mixes as bought as good as water and oil. If he could just play some respectable defense then it would be a nice pickup, but it is not like you are taking the good with the bad like you would Steve Nash in his prime. Nash wsa never good at defense, but he made up for it on offense.

Fredette can shoot, but his offense is still limited in the NBA and would not make up for his lack of defense.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Jimmer has a place in the league, right team and right situation. I always though he fit good here.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"