Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61

Thread: Fredette Buyout

  1. #1
    Boom Baby! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,747


  2. #2
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,273

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    Nope.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Member BenR1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Fredonia, NY
    Posts
    1,293

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    I just don't get the hype with Jimmer.

  5. #4
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,362
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    Well recently the Jimmer did hit 6 of 8 3's in a game vs the Knicks,

  6. #5

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    I am tempted. I mean CJ has just been awful lately. And Bird was interested in Jimmer in the draft. I think though Larry might feel he's made too many moves already? But I would consider cutting Sloan for him...........maybe?

  7. #6
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,362
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    Well recently the Jimmer did hit 6 of 8 3's in a game vs the Knicks, Remember too Larry saved Herb Simon 4.28 mil in the Granger/ Turner pro-rated that's prob 1.6 mil paying Fredette the minimum would still leave over a mil savings . Not saying I'd do it just looking at it as adding another usable piece in limited minutes in the playoffs. After adding Turner, Donald Sloan's spot is even less valued. Nothing against Donald

  8. #7
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just don't get the hype with Jimmer.
    Have you not seen any of his BYU days? There isn't any NBA hype, it's all from him stealing souls in college. Watching him then was great TV. Pulling up from 10ft behind the 3pt line with a defender closing out on him was unbelieveable.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  10. #8
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,231

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    I'd take Jimmer over Sloan.

    That's about it.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  12. #9

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well recently the Jimmer did hit 6 of 8 3's in a game vs the Knicks, Remember too Larry saved Herb Simon 4.28 mil in the Granger/ Turner pro-rated that's prob 1.6 mil paying Fredette the minimum would still leave over a mil savings . Not saying I'd do it just looking at it as adding another usable piece in limited minutes in the playoffs. After adding Turner, Donald Sloan's spot is even less valued. Nothing against Donald


    Jimmer's shooting would space the floor too. If we played a lineup with......



    Allen
    Cope
    Bynum
    Turner
    Jimmer




    Watching the Miami Heat play Golden State twice this season, I have learned you can never have too many shooters versus Miami.

  13. #10
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    Seems like a good scoring PG who can shoot from outside and pair with Lance and ET. We'd have to drop a player... Sloan?

  14. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IN
    Posts
    539
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout



    @Pacers24Colts12

  15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pacers24Colts12 For This Useful Post:


  16. #12

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    Sounds like something a person in jail would post.

  17. #13

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd take Jimmer over Sloan.

    That's about it.
    And we have the money which is great but I wonder how much change is too much change.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  19. #14
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    I would definitely give him a look. We need one of those guys who is cash from beyond the arc, and Jimmer certainly is a 3 point specialist. Maybe over Sloan, but I wouldn't cut anyone else. I don't think a signing will happen, but Legend will (and certainly should) give him a look.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  20. #15
    Member Fo11ower91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    87
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    I want him in the blue n gold because he is one of my favorite players and he still has a lot of potential left.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Fo11ower91 For This Useful Post:


  22. #16
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,620

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    He's like a short Adam Morrison or Trajan Langdon. He can shoot but he is just so slow on defense that it would drive me nuts.

    I'd rather give more minutes to Butler and Copeland if we need a shooter to help spread the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


  24. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    Yes, of course we should have interest. He's one of the league's elite shooters, and would make a dynamite scoring punch off our bench when needed. He's shooting 48/49/90 this year --- you think our offense could use that kind of efficiency?

  25. #18
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,376

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    Watson/Fredette/Turner/Scola/Bynum would be a very interesting second unit.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  26. #19
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,352

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    Is he an upgrade over Butler or Sloan?

    Cuz these are the 2 Players that would likely be replaced by Jimmer.

    Keep in mind....the price of Jimmer isn't just what we sign him for....it also includes the cost of buying out whoever we cut to make room for him in the lineup.

    My guess is that he's not.....not at the price of buying either of them out and then signing Jimmer.

    I'm thinking that he ends up in OKC...they were looking for a shooter before the trade deadline.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  27. #20
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is he an upgrade over Butler or Sloan?

    Cuz these are the 2 Players that would likely be replaced by Jimmer.

    Keep in mind....the price of Jimmer isn't just what we sign him for....it also includes the cost of buying out whoever we cut to make room for him in the lineup.

    My guess is that he's not.....not at the price of buying either of them out and then signing Jimmer.

    I'm thinking that he ends up in OKC...they were looking for a shooter before the trade deadline.
    I think Jimmer is a pretty clear upgrade over Sloan, and since Sloan is making NBA peanuts and we actually saved a little money in the Granger deal, I don't think that would be all that difficult to swing. Part of the reason I didn't fawn over the Turner trade like others is that I don't like his fit and I still think this team needs shooting. Now, would Jimmer really help that? Yes and no. Yes because he is a good shooter, and no because he likely wouldn't see any real minutes. That being said, George Hill has a propensity for nagging injuries that cost him 6-8 games per season. Jimmer would be a luxury third guard in that scenario.

    All that being said, I don't see anything happening on the Jimmer front with the Pacers.

  28. #21
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    Bird has liked him in the past. However, I don't think there are enough minutes to go around to even make this signing necessary. We could use another 3 pt in the backcourt though, where Turner and Lance don't give us much.

  29. #22

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watson/Fredette/Turner/Scola/Bynum would be a very interesting second unit.
    Not sure we'd play two point guards together off the bench.

  30. #23
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,376

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure we'd play two point guards together off the bench.
    Could though... I've always thought Fredette's game was more like a SG than a PG. If he were 2 inches taller, I think you're talking about a SG.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  32. #24

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watson/Fredette/Turner/Scola/Bynum would be a very interesting second unit.
    Thats a bad defensive line up and I don't think we go with the bench mob approach. I would much rather Lance run with Freddete and take Watson out of that line up and put in West instead of Scola.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  34. #25
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fredette Buyout

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watson/Fredette/Turner/Scola/Bynum would be a very interesting second unit.
    Maybe in a blowout.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •