Thread: How did Bender do against the Wizards?

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default How did Bender do against the Wizards?

Missed the game tonight but Bender's line looked pretty good.

How did he look to you guys?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Default Re: How did Bender do against the Wizards?

Whoops. Just saw that Ragnar already has a thread on this topic.

But, if anyone wants to give more details on his performance for someone who couldn't see the game, please do.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

He looked good.

I suppose I should say more.

He hit a three, hit 4 free throws, had a nice block shot and had a really nice drive to the basket through traffic for a lefty layup and oh he also drove into the lane and created an open shot for J.O.

Bender also had to guard Stackhouse which is a very tough matchup for him, but he did fairly well.

The Wizards announcers seemed surprised by the way Bender was able to drive to the basket at 7'0" tall.

Nice to hear.

In the previous game, it seemed every time he tried to drive the ball was stripped from him.

duaneok66

Nice to hear.

In the previous game, it seemed every time he tried to drive the ball was stripped from him.
    that's par for the course . . . but remember, he has great individual skills . . .

Sports Logo

He looked pretty good in the Utah game also.

The only thing to be learly of is that with both Pollard and Bender whenever they are not a hindrance to the team it is a huge breakthrough.

So we come in here and rave about either of them after the game because instead of helping the other team win they were actually decent role players.

Never mind that both of them were picked up by dumping really good centers. So initially our expectations were very high and if we still had those expectations about either of them we would still not be happy.

So when we say had a good game it really depends is it good as in not helping the other team by being totaly ineffective or is it good by other player standards.

In Benders case I think the Wizards game was good by NBA player standards.