Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 101

Thread: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

  1. #76
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,755

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting that they're only drawing ~5k per game. Even the Pacers darkest days were better than that. Their dream scenario would probably be to land the #1 and set the wheels in motion for a move to Seattle.

    That would be people actually there as opposed to tickets sold or given away. I remember people estimating that the pacers routinely had 7K - 8K actually attending the games during the 07 and 08 seasons. Even though the lowest average was over 12K

  2. #77
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    I've now been to the bradley center twice. It is the worst sporting venue I've ever been in by a large margin. What a piece of crap.

    However, as I said before, they do have a ridiculously large courtside club. I wish the best locker room at BLF was the same size.

    Saw Bill Bradly briefly as we were walking out he was sitting down low a couple sections over, didn't get a chance to say hi. I was pretty inebriated through the whole game, some crazy *** 3 year old in a Lance Stephenson jersey spilled ice cream on my shoe. This kid was the embodiment of Lance, never calmed down the whole game and was constantly jumping around and screaming in his brother's face. One brother had on a PG jersey and the third had a brand new Danny Granger jersey, they were not from Indy and the kid pulls out his brand new DG 33 Home uni and a marker, broke my ****ing heart. I think he had just gotten it.

    I caught a little **** from Bucks fans, but not too much. Reminded me of when I saw the Colts in STL a few years back. We were just so much better and even their fans knew it. Most fans who spoke to me had a "Please don't hurt us too bad tonight" vibe. I got way more **** two years ago when I went up and MIL was a little more competitive, probably because I was on Larry Sanders the whole game last time. So much so that Roy gave me a thumbs up and said good job after that game.

    I still like MIL as a city, easy to navigate and generally cool people work in the establishments. I went to the Mo's before and after and was waited on by a waitress my age who was an IU grad going to Marquette for law school so that was cool. There's also a brand new Marriott in downtown that is really affordable and nice. A 10 minute walk from the Bradley Center. I recommend it if you go up there and are looking for a place to stay.

    I picked up courtside seats for 100 bucks. Gotta love having a team that crappy in driving distance.

    Also Herb kohl was there I think in a suit and a Bucks hat looking older than god. I also hate these owners that go half way on the fan thing. Either go all in, like a Cuban, or be like Simon and wear your suit and go full on professional, but you just look like a complete idiot wearing a suit and rocking a baseball hat.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 02-24-2014 at 12:28 PM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  4. #78
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,586

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Saw Bill Bradly briefly as we were walking out he was sitting down low a couple sections over, didn't get a chance to say hi. I was pretty inebriated through the whole game, some crazy *** 3 year old in a Lance Stephenson jersey spilled ice cream on my shoe. This kid was the embodiment of Lance, never calmed down the whole game and was constantly jumping around and screaming in his brother's face. One brother had on a PG jersey and the third had a brand new Danny Granger jersey, they were not from Indy and the kid pulls out his brand new DG 33 Home uni and a marker, broke my ****ing heart. I think he had just gotten it.
    At least you didn't fall on the kid and knock his tooth out.

  5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  6. #79
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Y'all shoulda said hi (unless you were among the score of Pacer fans that visited the Old German Beer Hall while we were there and I just dont remember now )

    And about security giving A55 and G2ers a hard time, it wasn't just you who had that opinion. I really wasn't impressed by how security ran up to Superfan wanting to get pictures and then telling him he couldnt wear the getup inside (amongst other things). Couple that with the Bucks twitter calling fans bandwagoners and I really wasn't impressed by how Milwaukee runs things in their dump that was built on a dump (literally). Makes me even more glad for the hard work that the Pacers put forward to their guests.
    Did Buck's twitter delete that tweet? I see the one referencing Area 55 coming up, but not the one calling anyone bandwagoners.
    @qandrews9428

  7. #80
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least you didn't fall on the kid and knock his tooth out.
    Heh, didn't even think about that story, but yes I would say this kid was out of control. He was jumping from the row of seats to the corner of the court constantly and when the usher asked nicely for him to stop his mom or maybe she was a babysitter replied, "Don't worry he'll learn" then he spilled ice cream all over my shoe. Good times.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  9. #81
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,290

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did Buck's twitter delete that tweet? I see the one referencing Area 55 coming up, but not the one calling anyone bandwagoners.
    https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/437403220508291072
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  10. #82
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,755

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    I went to the Bradley center about I think 18 years ago. Seemed pretty nice to me. Of course that was well before the Fieldhouse and before I had been to any other NBA arena. Looking back on it I think it is probably the worst of the newer arenas I have been to. (Obviously it isn't so new anymore) But I remember the Mecca where the Bucks used to play
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 02-24-2014 at 02:05 PM.

  11. #83
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    Also, you guys know how many games we'll lose in the playoffs if Lance and Paul combine for only 1 turnover in a game? 0.


    (They did that in this game)

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  13. #84
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I went to the Bradley center about I think 18 years ago. Seemed pretty nice to me. Of course that was well before the Fieldhouse and before I had been to any other NBA arena. Looking back on it I think it is probably the worst of the newer arenas I have been to. (Obviously it isn't so new anymore) But I remember the Mecca where the Bucks used to play
    I don't think I can consider an arena built in the 80s as a new style arena anymore UB LOL

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. #85
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,755

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think I can consider an arena built in the 80s as a new style arena anymore UB LOL
    If it has suites it is new style to me. You youngsters get on my nerves. Have you ever been to Market Square Arena? Sometimes I forget how old I am.

    (Just joking around)

  15. #86
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    BLF will be 15 this fall, pretty crazy to think about.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  17. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,007

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BLF will be 15 this fall, pretty crazy to think about.
    And still considered the top venue in the nation for basketball by many, and for some people for any sport. Although, I think it is a bit difficult to compare Basketball, Football, and Baseball arenas. With that said, I don't think even Lucas Oil stands up to the Fieldhouse.

  18. #88
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,217
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    That would be a good off season thread idea, start a poll on the best stadiums.

  19. #89

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heh, didn't even think about that story, but yes I would say this kid was out of control. He was jumping from the row of seats to the corner of the court constantly and when the usher asked nicely for him to stop his mom or maybe she was a babysitter replied, "Don't worry he'll learn" then he spilled ice cream all over my shoe. Good times.

    They showed that kid on the TV broadcast. He was out of control.

  20. #90
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They showed that kid on the TV broadcast. He was out of control.
    Yes, yes he was.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  21. #91
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    463
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As simple as not getting him the ball when he was open. You can quote % all you want but if you want a scorer to have an impact off the bench you get him the shot attempts. Teaming Granger with Lance most of the time was a bad combination. Lance simply wouldn't pass him the ball. If we play Lance with Turner in the same manner, I expect the same results from Turner. We'll see in the next 10 games or so if it's the player or the system, or there is a thin chance that Vogel might change his rotations.
    I disagree that Granger's poor play as of late was a direct result of Lance not passing the ball. There's been numerous times that Danny would have the ball in his hands and make bad/missed shots and poor decisions. It's been pointed out before that he was hardly ever a good finisher at the rim, so you really can't rely on that faucet of his game; but now his shot has regressed. And I'm not sure what you're expecting, but I'm willing to bet that even if most of the plays were called for "give it to Danny", he'd only make himself look worse in our eyes.

    And I agree that Lance can be too selfish at times, but then I think about what he's working with on the floor with him. Granger and Scola have been horrible for the last month or so...Ian acts like he has concrete mittens on...and Watson is too inconsistant lately.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:


  23. #92
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,917

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree that Granger's poor play as of late was a direct result of Lance not passing the ball. There's been numerous times that Danny would have the ball in his hands and make bad/missed shots and poor decisions. It's been pointed out before that he was hardly ever a good finisher at the rim, so you really can't rely on that faucet of his game; but now his shot has regressed. And I'm not sure what you're expecting, but I'm willing to bet that even if most of the plays were called for "give it to Danny", he'd only make himself look worse in our eyes.

    And I agree that Lance can be too selfish at times, but then I think about what he's working with on the floor with him. Granger and Scola have been horrible for the last month or so...Ian acts like he has concrete mittens on...and Watson is too inconsistant lately.
    We just disagree on what Granger is capable of. He's a scorer and needs shot attempts to do that. Yes there were times he didn't execute but far more times when he was wide open but Lance looked like he just refused to pass him the ball.
    Lance is a bad #1 option with the second unit which is why I'd like to see change in the rotation that keeps him away from the second unit as much as possible. It could be that Scola, Danny, and CJ were all the issue but let's see what happens when Turner comes in. I don't expect him to be any more successful unless Vogel changes the rotation and it sound like he plans to.

  24. #93
    Member Alabama-Redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lake Guntersville, Alabama
    Age
    72
    Posts
    1,690

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it has suites it is new style to me. You youngsters get on my nerves. Have you ever been to Market Square Arena? Sometimes I forget how old I am.

    (Just joking around)
    Let's try talking about State Fairgrounds Coliseum !! Yes, I am old like Indygeezer only I think he is older.
    I would rather be the hammer than the nail

  25. #94
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,822

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama-Redneck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's try talking about State Fairgrounds Coliseum !! Yes, I am old like Indygeezer only I think he is older.
    I saw the Pacers play at the Coliseum!





    It was a preseason game a few seasons ago, but still........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:


  27. #95
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,079

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We just disagree on what Granger is capable of. He's a scorer and needs shot attempts to do that. Yes there were times he didn't execute but far more times when he was wide open but Lance looked like he just refused to pass him the ball.
    Lance is a bad #1 option with the second unit which is why I'd like to see change in the rotation that keeps him away from the second unit as much as possible. It could be that Scola, Danny, and CJ were all the issue but let's see what happens when Turner comes in. I don't expect him to be any more successful unless Vogel changes the rotation and it sound like he plans to.
    Everybody has a right to their opinion. My opinion is that Granger was at his best with Lance feeding him. The numbers seem to show this. Lance is not selfish and has actually had to be pushed to look for his own shot the past year or two rather than look to pass first to his teammates.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  28. #96
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've now been to the bradley center twice. It is the worst sporting venue I've ever been in by a large margin. What a piece of crap.

    However, as I said before, they do have a ridiculously large courtside club. I wish the best locker room at BLF was the same size.

    Saw Bill Bradly briefly as we were walking out he was sitting down low a couple sections over, didn't get a chance to say hi. I was pretty inebriated through the whole game, some crazy *** 3 year old in a Lance Stephenson jersey spilled ice cream on my shoe. This kid was the embodiment of Lance, never calmed down the whole game and was constantly jumping around and screaming in his brother's face. One brother had on a PG jersey and the third had a brand new Danny Granger jersey, they were not from Indy and the kid pulls out his brand new DG 33 Home uni and a marker, broke my ****ing heart. I think he had just gotten it.

    I caught a little **** from Bucks fans, but not too much. Reminded me of when I saw the Colts in STL a few years back. We were just so much better and even their fans knew it. Most fans who spoke to me had a "Please don't hurt us too bad tonight" vibe. I got way more **** two years ago when I went up and MIL was a little more competitive, probably because I was on Larry Sanders the whole game last time. So much so that Roy gave me a thumbs up and said good job after that game.

    I still like MIL as a city, easy to navigate and generally cool people work in the establishments. I went to the Mo's before and after and was waited on by a waitress my age who was an IU grad going to Marquette for law school so that was cool. There's also a brand new Marriott in downtown that is really affordable and nice. A 10 minute walk from the Bradley Center. I recommend it if you go up there and are looking for a place to stay.

    I picked up courtside seats for 100 bucks. Gotta love having a team that crappy in driving distance.

    Also Herb kohl was there I think in a suit and a Bucks hat looking older than god. I also hate these owners that go half way on the fan thing. Either go all in, like a Cuban, or be like Simon and wear your suit and go full on professional, but you just look like a complete idiot wearing a suit and rocking a baseball hat.
    Yes that place is a complete **** hole. I sat next to John Hammonds when I went to a game there. I was making comments just to miss him off. It was one of the funniest things. I had two options say hey and try to talk him up or act like I didn't know who he was and make snarky comments about Drew Good and John Salmons all game. Of course I went with plan B. The looks he gave me were priceless.

  29. #97
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,290

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think I can consider an arena built in the 80s as a new style arena anymore UB LOL
    Obviously, theres a completely different situation with ownership and how the buildings were and are funded (otherwise KStat might kill me ), but I'd consider the Palace of Auburn Hills a new style arena without hesitation, despite the fact that it was built roughly the same time as the Bradley Center. The Pistons have done an outstanding job on keeping their building modernized as times have changed.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  30. #98
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,316

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    I guess Pacer fans really helped out the Bradley Center as that game had the largest attendance for the season.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:


  32. #99
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,755

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously, theres a completely different situation with ownership and how the buildings were and are funded (otherwise KStat might kill me ), but I'd consider the Palace of Auburn Hills a new style arena without hesitation, despite the fact that it was built roughly the same time as the Bradley Center. The Pistons have done an outstanding job on keeping their building modernized as times have changed.

    The Palace was really the first modern building. It actually might not have been the very first one but it was the one which all others were judged for many years. And going there about 10 years ago, I must say it is still really nice.

  33. #100
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,290

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Bucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Palace was really the first modern building. It actually might not have been the very first one but it was the one which all others were judged for many years. And going there about 10 years ago, I must say it is still really nice.
    It was still really nice a year ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess Pacer fans really helped out the Bradley Center as that game had the largest attendance for the season.
    I'm honestly surprised about that, but its true. They could only draw 15k for the Bulls. We (and Coolio) brought in 17,165. Miami only plays there once this year.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 02-25-2014 at 03:44 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •