Thread: Sorry Pistons, and Kstat

Default Sorry Pistons, and Kstat

Another terrible night for the Pistons via the refs. Surely I wanted the Pacers to hold every lead possible with a Pistons loss, but this is unreal.

Take out Sheed at the half, and then call fouls only one way the rest of the game. Tthe refs were obscenely horrid tonight. A shame indeed.

Then Garnett clearly fouls Prince and they let that go. I mean, if you are going to call Chauncey to foul out, away from the ball, in the last few seconds you have to at least let Prince get that call. Must be nice to be in the West and still get every call. That is probably why the east is worse off, not talent, just that Stern told the refs to not let them win.

Either that, or it is an anti-Pistons thing. Too bad for Pistons fans, the players showed a ton of heart, just couldn't catch a fair break.

Default Re: Sorry Pistons, and Kstat

Hmm I didn't see much of this. And looking at the box score fouls and FTs were equal. And alot of the Pistons fouls/Wolves FTs were from the final seconds.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2004022008

PistonsDynasty

I couldn't believe it.

This is the 4th game this year that the refs cheated the Pistons!

For WHOLE GAMES. The Pistons could be 2 games be the Pacers right now if the refs didn't cheat us.

**First, the NBA cheats us when they call up and say Sheed is clear to play

**Prince was CLEARY slapped on his arm while shooting a game tie'n 3pointer.

**Then they foul Billups out of the game while Cassell was CLEARLY holding Billups.

**They blew the Madsen GOALTEND during a key moment in the game.

AWFUL AWFUL. The Pistons get no L-O-V-E. I think the Hawks gets more calls.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Get over it, PD, we lost. Our crappy play wasnt the fault of the refs.

That said, Davis Stern is an A*%hole for telling us sheed could play tonight, and then calling us at HALFTIME and telling us no.

I was really proud of Rasheed tonight. He was waving towels, pointing at the crowd, he really energized the palace with his enthusiasm.

I predeict we'll win the next 10 games.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I just saw that Ben Wallace is SEVEN days older than Sheed.

Ben: Sept 10 '74
    Sheed: Sept 17 '74
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

7 of the next 10 on the road.. that's a bold prediction.

duaneok66

Another terrible night for the Pistons via the refs. Surely I wanted the Pacers to hold every lead possible with a Pistons loss, but this is unreal.

Take out Sheed at the half, and then call fouls only one way the rest of the game. Tthe refs were obscenely horrid tonight. A shame indeed.

Then Garnett clearly fouls Prince and they let that go. I mean, if you are going to call Chauncey to foul out, away from the ball, in the last few seconds you have to at least let Prince get that call. Must be nice to be in the West and still get every call. That is probably why the east is worse off, not talent, just that Stern told the refs to not let them win.

Either that, or it is an anti-Pistons thing. Too bad for Pistons fans, the players showed a ton of heart, just couldn't catch a fair break.

another "the refs cheated us" thread . . . how original . . .

Kstat, thanks for a refreshing look at a loss . . . that's a classy move . . .

It is, actually, when you realize that this is a Pacers forum, not a Pistons one. It's rare (in my experience) for a team to say "Wow, our top rival really got hosed."

Or maybe we're all Michigan homers that moved south for the winter.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

duaneok66

It is, actually, when you realize that this is a Pacers forum, not a Pistons one. It's rare (in my experience) for a team to say "Wow, our top rival really got hosed."

Or maybe we're all Michigan homers that moved south for the winter.
    LOL . . . I just hate when people refuse to admit that the better team won (which is usually the case) . . .

LOL . . . I just hate when people refuse to admit that the better team won (which is usually the case) . . .
    Well, the Pacers go for a season sweep against the Mavs on March 24. I expect to see you here after the game.

Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

duaneok66

Well, the Pacers go for a season sweep against the Mavs on March 24. I expect to see you here after the game.

I will be hear . . . that was a total butt whooping last month or whenever it was, props to you guys for TOTALLY shutting us down . . .