Thread: Random Saturday Thought

Default Random Saturday Thought

Tinsley - Fisher
    Miller - Pietrus
    Jackson - Jones
    Croshere - Davis
    O'Neal - Pollard - Harrison

Trade Foster, Fred, AJ, Bender, and Gill for Fisher, Pietrus, and Davis (who has an expiring contract)

I think this would give us quite a contender next year:

Tinsley - Fisher
    Jackson - Pietrus
    Artest - Jones
    O'Neal - Croshere
    Harrison - Pollard

I don't want to hear about contracts, I want to talk basketball. Do you like this team?

Default Re: Random Saturday Thought

AJ is better then Fisher. Fred is better then Pietrus, no point of trading them for each other. But the other guys sure why not I would give them up.

No.

Well... maybe. If Pietrus develops into a 6th man award quality player then yes. I would really like the deal if we swung the other Jones into it instead of Fred.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

How on earth do you rank AJ better than Fisher as a backup PG? His last two games aside, AJ generally has not been good at running this team at all, was shooting as bad as ever, and his D was struggling. Fisher's started on two championship teams, his a better shooter, has D no worse than AJs, brings more energy and speed, and is more clutch. And I'm also sure he'd not drag the offense into the mud when he came in for Tinsley.

Really, unless we are targeting Speedy maybe, I'd rather just sign/draft a PG in the offseason. We don't really need Fisher.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How on earth do you rank AJ better than Fisher as a backup PG? His last two games aside, AJ generally has not been good at running this team at all, was shooting as bad as ever, and his D was struggling. Fisher's started on two championship teams, his a better shooter, has D no worse than AJs, brings more energy and speed, and is more clutch. And I'm also sure he'd not drag the offense into the mud when he came in for Tinsley.
    I live in the Bay Area I get to see every Warriors game and Fisher is way overrated. You can see the change in the Warriors offense once he comes in and Speedy comes out. Not to mention we would have to pay him for 6 more years and 6 million. I will pass.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Do you guys think we would have what it takes to strike a deal for Speedy and (maybe) DD? We all know how much Mully Bender...

Yes, this team is in dire need of an overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, this team is in dire need of an overhaul.
    No, but we definitely need to upgrade the backup PG spot.

So one backup point guard is better than two is what I'm hearing...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

omfg check Fisher's salary Hicks.

He's 30 yrs old a career 39% shooter ,shooting 37% this season.

Derek Fisher: Next 6 years

4.9 mil this year ,5.4, 5.9 , 6.4, 6.9 , and 7.4 mil = 36.9 mil over 6 years .

Pacers would be paying a 35 year old back up , poor shooting point guard 7.4 mil.

Exactly what does a grossly over paid point guard with a very inconsistant shot add? NOTHING!!

Pacers were intrested in signing him , but only at around 5 mil total for 2 years not 37 mil for 6 years. As the bay area fan pointed out he is extremely overrated , if he were so good Kobe would have told Buse to re-sign him.

Even getting Davis does not ease capspace or add a valuable piece.

Only useable piece is Pietrus and you wanna give up Foster-Bender- Gil- AJ and Fred Jones for him ???????

Sorry , I'd not do Pietrus straight up for Fred Jones.

Mood

Wow, Hicks. normally i like your trade ideas but i don't like this one in the least. the only way to make it even worth considering is to switch speedy with fish.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

I vote we trade for Jewel Staite (PN's avatar) instead. Nice find, my friend.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Mood

Thank you obnox. I knew you would appreciate it at least. Nobody liked my kate beckinsale i guess.

I think AJ is as good or bad as Fisher. Dietrus, the times I've seen him I have liked what I seen, but hasn't he been injured a lot. I have watched very, very little of G/ State this year.

But I don't really like that deal.

My thoughts on Pacer nation.

POWER FORWARD
    We look set for years at PF with JO there. Cro is a good back up, but needs consistent minutes to produce.

CENTER
    Harrison will soon take over here as the starter. That gives us Jeff and Scott in reserve. Once Harrison takes over we will have the best center rotation in the league. Again set for years, although we might have to replace Scott when his contract expires.

POINT
    Tinsley's the man here. Johnson and Gill in reserve are okay, with Fred doing spot duty. If the Pacers would develop Fred as a true combo guard this spot would really be tough.

SHOOTING GUARD
    Reggie's here now, but Jackson will inherit this spot, with Fred backing him up. Nothing wrong here although some are unhappy with Jackson.

SMALL FORWARD
    This is the Pacer's biggest question mark. If Artest stays and keeps his cool we have a team that will only get better. If they trade him . . . well who knows what we would get. Jackson could move here if we traded for a guard. The other question is will JJ re-up with the Pacer's. I think he will go elsewhere unless we trade Artest.

I don't see the Pacer's doing anything in the way of trade's before the trade deadline. Donnie likes to see what we have before making trades. I think Bird is going to hold his cards even closer to his vest than Donnie.

If we trade Artest, it will be this summer, and I think it would be for a high draft pick, plus a player. My reasoning on that is Bird thinks Artest is a top ten player. If no one will give him a top ten player in return then Bird will keep Artest before giving him away. (So what if Artest stays and gets banded for life. If he gets banded, we have options. That is better than him going to another team and getting his act together.) However, if Bird see's a player in the draft he really likes and thinks can become a top ten player, I think he would pull the trigger.

In short, there's nothing much wrong with the Pacer's even with Artest and Jackson.

I like your analysis, Will. I too believe James will probably move on after this season, probably to a warmer climate. I'm thinking he'll go back to Miami...