Thread: New Member Introduction

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default New Member Introduction

Hi guys, new member here and wanted to introduce myself as I've been hanging around looking at posts for the best part of a year without being able to join. I am from England, nobody knows the Pacers here outside of solid NBA fans, I've never met a Pacers fan in my life.

PAST
    I became a Pacers fan on April 9th 2004. I went on a family holiday to America, at this point of the trip we were in Las Vegas and one night in the hotel room I decided to watch some basketball. The came that was on TV was New Jersey at Indiana and I basically told myself at this point that I would follow whoever won the game. After the game I realised Indiana had the best record in the league. Pretty convenient... until my first full season as a Pacers fan and the brawl happened. I stuck around anyway.

PRESENT
    Currently, this season I have watched more Pacers games than any previous season. I've watched about 65% of the games in total which is pretty decent considering the majority of them start at midnight for me! (So glad I picked an East team to be a fan of). My flatmate is a Bulls fan and is the only person I really have to talk to about basketball. No Pacers fans around though sadly. I ordered George and Hibbert jerseys from eBay this season due to their play and general all-star caliber but these jerseys turned out to be fakes. I would order more from the official store but the postage cost to the UK is extortionate. The EU NBA store doesn't have much choice in regard to Pacers gear either.

FUTURE
    Within the next 12-18 months I want to visit Indiana for 7-10 days. Come to watch a few games, fill a suitcase with Pacers gear, see the Colts whilst I'm over as well and have a look around the city of the team I've been a fan of for the last ten years. So I'll probably be starting a thread asking for hotel suggestions and places to visit at some point in the future.

Anyway, I realise no-one probably needed that much depth but I haven't been able to talk to Pacers fans before and this is opening a door for me now I've finally been allowed to join the site.

Hopefully I won't annoy you all too much, I've not grown up with basketball from a massively young age and have probably watched more games this season than the last five combined but I'll throw my thoughts in and hopefully won't stand out all too much.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eamer For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: New Member Introduction

Hey man, welcome to the board! It's definitely one of the best forums on the internet. I think it's awesome that the Pacers have so many international fans.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey man, welcome to the board! It's definitely one of the best forums on the internet. I think it's awesome that the Pacers have so many international fans.
    Seems like the only place to be if I want to talk Pacers. Really wanting to push on and get over there soon to see some games in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for getting me signed up!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eamer For This Useful Post: