Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what is our new lineup and rotation?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: what is our new lineup and rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I trust Butler more though based on that 40+ point game he had earlier in the season before he got hurt.
    I totally agree. I don't feel like we need to make any more moves and I'm very happy with the roster we got. I was more or less just commenting on the fact that Jefferson surprisingly hasn't been a complete epic disaster this year.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Actually that is Butler not Cope, and so far this season it hasn't really been all that close.
    Eh, Cope hasn't exactly played meaningful minutes this year, he's jacked up shots in garbage time. And while Butler has shot well, he hasn't had that much time for me to say he is hands down the best shooter off the bench. And go back to my previous post, I said I can see either Butler or Cope getting the minutes.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    The thing is... he's that bad defensively on the perimeter. Bigger/slower AND gets lost. Deadly combination. At the 4, less movement (less chance of getting lost), slower guys, and he's not bad at guarding on the block. That's where he needs to be.
    So bad that we can't play him 10-12 minutes a night there against other teams back ups? That much worse than Butler? I'm asking because I really don't think we know the answers to the questions.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    So bad that we can't play him 10-12 minutes a night there against other teams back ups? That much worse than Butler? I'm asking because I really don't think we know the answers to the questions.
    Bad enough that the coaches only want to play him at the 4, and bad enough that Mike Woodson didn't like to play him in NYK.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    I totally agree. I don't feel like we need to make any more moves and I'm very happy with the roster we got. I was more or less just commenting on the fact that Jefferson surprisingly hasn't been a complete epic disaster this year.

True. But would I cut Rasual for Caron? No. I'd might would cut Sloan for him though. IF the front office thinks we need to add anyone else. Also Caron Butler could play the 3 off the bench. Caron has a better off the dribble game than Rasual does. He can get to the line. Rasual is the better shooter. Not by much though.

Allen
    Butler
    Bynum
    Turner
    CJ

Bad enough that the coaches only want to play him at the 4, and bad enough that Mike Woodson didn't like to play him in NYK.
    Woodson didn't play Novak either. He cost the Knicks that series by weakening their biggest weapon. The 3 ball. By sitting two players excellent at hitting it.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Ian won't be playing because of Bynum. Only way Allen gets time is if we bench Scola.
    Which wouldn't be a bad idea right now. Maybe play Allen for a few games till Scola's elbow or whatever is plaguing him clears up.

I'll be curious to see how many minutes Turner gets. He's still young and healthy, so if Frank wanted to he could easily divided the wing minutes 36/36/36 between Paul, Lance, and Evan. . .
    Just a minor quibble, it's 32-32-32.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

It would not surprise me in the least to see Allen get the minutes Cope has been playing. We don't run a stretch 4 type of offense. Cope has not been able to get PT from Frank up to now and unless Turner fails to take all of DG's minutes and more, I don't see him gaining any floor time because Danny left. I still would not be shocked to see Bynum released after March 1st. LB might tell reporters signing Bynum to keep him from other playoff teams is the dumbest thing he ever heard, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't do it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Which wouldn't be a bad idea right now. Maybe play Allen for a few games till Scola's elbow or whatever is plaguing him clears up.
    I get the impression you aren't wild about continuity.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    Just a minor quibble, it's 32-32-32.
    Ah, yeah. Whoops. Make that 36/36/24 then.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I get the impression you aren't wild about continuity.
    I am, just tired of seeing Scola get burned by quicker 4's. And missing jumpers he usually makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    It would not surprise me in the least to see Allen get the minutes Cope has been playing. We don't run a stretch 4 type of offense. Cope has not been able to get PT from Frank up to now and unless Turner fails to take all of DG's minutes and more, I don't see him gaining any floor time because Danny left. I still would not be shocked to see Bynum released after March 1st. LB might tell reporters signing Bynum to keep him from other playoff teams is the dumbest thing he ever heard, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't do it.

Evan is a 2. He's gonna backup Lance. Cope will back up PG. I think this is how they'll do it. Will Lavoy play over Scola? I hope so. If not.....at least let him play over Ian. LaVoy at least has a jumpshot! And can dunk properly.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Turner, Lance and PG will swallow up every minute at the 2 and the 3 come playoff time. Hibbert, West, Bynum and Scola will man the paint, and Hill will man the point with Watson getting some minutes behind him. But if Watson struggles I could see Lance playing more point to open up more minutes for Turner, if he's adjusting and fitting in well.

Lavoy Allen will probably only play in a pinch, barring injury, unless Scola keeps playing poorly and Allen wows the coached in practice.

I really hope health allows us to roll with a George Hill, Lance Stephenson, Paul George, David West, Roy Hibbert, CJ Watson, Evan Turner, Luis Scola, Andrew Bynum 9 man rotation in the playoffs. That could be so good.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

I really hope health allows us to roll with a George Hill, Lance Stephenson, Paul George, David West, Roy Hibbert, CJ Watson, Evan Turner, Luis Scola, Andrew Bynum 9 man rotation in the playoffs. That could be so good.
    It's hard to envision how we could have a nine man rotation that great in 2015. This is the year that we are able to put together an absolutely filthy roster because of mathematics and circumstances. But we all know that things will change next year because of contract situations with certain players. We will obviously have a great team next year, but it's hard to believe that it will be as stacked as this current roster.

Bird has exhausted every last avenue to make this team as perfect as possible for the playoff run. His work is now finished as far as this 2014 team is concerned. Now it's all on the players and coaches. The Legend has given them the tools to win it all, but he can't put the ball in the bucket for them. Everything is in our favor right now. We still have a 1 and a half game lead over the Heat, the East should be a cakewalk until we meat the Heat in the ECF's, the Heat are fatigued because they are going for a 4th straight NBA Finals (hasn't been done since Boston in the 80's), and our roster is absolutely stacked. We've had our little slump lately, but it's time to wake the hell up and get this damn one seed. It would be devastating to lose it down the stretch of the season after controlling it all year. A 1 and a half game lead is essentially nothing.

As much as I love our team, the Heat are still so scary because they have a player in Lebron who is able to raise his game to a Jordan-esque level in the playoffs. That's just so hard to overcome.

The next 4 months come down to two people IMO

Paul George

and

Frank Vogel

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

24. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Coach Vogel says he plans to play Evan Turner in "the same minutes as Danny Granger."
    — Indiana Pacers (@Pacers) February 23, 2014
    Pacers lucked out with the timing of this trade. They have a lot of time between games this week, to help integrate the new players.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Pacers lucked out with the timing of this trade. They have a lot of time between games this week, to help integrate the new players.

But he's gonna back up Lance at the 2 spot right? If he and Lance are gonna be on the floor at the same time, the trade was pointless.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Turner seems like a good kid who will work hard to fit in and get wins. Having PG being a good friend of his will help him feel more comfortable sooner than he would otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan View Post
    Turner seems like a good kid who will work hard to fit in and get wins. Having PG being a good friend of his will help him feel more comfortable sooner than he would otherwise.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6liM3yatAI

^smh......

But he's gonna back up Lance at the 2 spot right? If he and Lance are gonna be on the floor at the same time, the trade was pointless.
    He will play a wing spot. As has been discussed ad nauseum around here, they are largely interchangeable.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

He will play a wing spot. As has been discussed ad nauseum around here, they are largely interchangeable.
    Assuming that foul trouble isn't a concern....it's not like Vogel can run some egg-timer rotation where it's entirely possible to minimize the # of minutes that Lance and Turner play.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

This is what I expected and if Frank plays Turner in the exact same role as Danny and the exact same rotations I'll predict that most fans will be disapointed.
    I honestly don't know enough about Turner to draw a firm conclusion and I'll be very much in observation mode for the next 10 games or so. I just don't think any scorer will ever thrive with our bench if they're regulated to being a secondary option while Lance has the ball. Taking Turner from 16 shots per game in 36 minutes as the #1 option down to 6-7 shots in 22 minutes while being the #2-3 option on the floor shouldn't be why we signed him. If we're going to bring in a scorer for the second unit we should plan the rotations to get the most out of him.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post: