Thread: Scottie Pippen questioned for felony assault of an autograph seeker

Default Scottie Pippen questioned for felony assault of an autograph seeker

SCOTTIE PIPPEN
    ARRESTED
    EXCLUSIVE
    Scottie Pippen has just been arrested for felony assault ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us, Pippen turned himself in to authorities in Malibu moments ago. He's being booked for felony assault with intent to commit great bodily harm.

TMZ broke the story ... Pippen allegedly brutalized an autograph seeker outside Nobu restaurant Sunday night. The man was knocked out after Pippen allegedly punched him in the face and kicked him repeatedly.

Pippen left the scene. As for the victim ... he was taken to a hospital with serious injuries, including broken teeth and a swollen mouth. He also suffered injuries to his head and back.
    Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/24/scotti...#ixzz2XAgeoExe
    Last edited by Basketball Fan; 06-24-2013 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Update

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Scottie Pippen arrested for felony assault of an autograph seeker

Thats why I only do autograph seeking through the mail.

Waiting to hear what prompted the *** whooping... I highly doubt it was your standard "Can I have an autograph?"
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Now the update says that he was only questioned and released and is still considered a suspect.

TMZ

Scottie Pippen
    Questioned by Police
    Over Knockout Incident Exclusive
    Scottie Pippen has just been interviewed by police in connection with his alleged fight with an autograph seeker in Malibu last night, TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us, Pippen contacted authorities in Malibu moments ago. We're told police decided against arresting Pippen after speaking with him. The investigation is ongoing.

We had previously been told by law enforcement officials that Pippen had been arrested. That was not the case.

TMZ broke the story ... Pippen allegedly brutalized an autograph seeker outside Nobu restaurant Sunday night. The man was knocked out after Pippen allegedly punched him in the face and kicked him repeatedly.

Pippen left the scene. As for the victim ... he was taken to a hospital with serious injuries, including broken teeth and a swollen mouth. He also suffered injuries to his head and back.

Pippen was subsequently named as a suspect for a felony charge of assault with intent to commit great bodily injury.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/24/scotti...#ixzz2XBTIsXee
    Visit Fishwrapper: http://www.fishwrapper.com
    Last edited by Brad8888; 06-24-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Very curious as to what prompted this. Not enough info yet to form an opinion.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Waiting to hear what prompted the *** whooping... I highly doubt it was your standard "Can I have an autograph?"
    probably a guy seeing Scottie Pippen out to eat and wanting to get a check

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

J7F

Mood

Default Re: Scottie Pippen questioned for felony assault of an autograph seeker

@Mark_J_Boyle good thing I stepped in between you and Scottie Pippen when you hit him with that piece of chicken.

"George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Scottie is still jealous that MJ gets all of the fame he takes it out on fans
    Smothered Chicken!

Mood

@PacersDMB I think Pippen would have thrown down that night, but he realized you and Benny the Bull had my back.

"George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1381307

Allegedly the guy was drunk and taking pictures of Pippen while he was eating with his family. Then while Pippen was holding his 4 year old the guy spit on him and called him the n-word. And they say when Pippen left the guy had no injuries.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Allegedly the guy was drunk and taking pictures of Pippen while he was eating with his family. Then while Pippen was holding his 4 year old the guy spit on him and called him the n-word. And they say when Pippen left the guy had no injuries.
    This "autograph seeker" sure does sound like a swell guy.
    Never half-a** two things. Whole-a** one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    Scottie is still jealous that MJ gets all of the fame he takes it out on fans
    knew i've seen his name somewhere. he was guy MJ took with him to win all those rings.

sad to see this 'pippen' character is now committing crimes.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FanOfPacer For This Useful Post:

The original article is exactly why you should never take TMZ seriously. Once the truth came out, it was a completely different situation that actually went down. They were painting Pippen as some sort of brutal thug terrorizing an innocent fan.
    Grown Man Ball

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Sounds like this will go away quickly. I'm glad, I've always liked Scottie.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

I don't know which to believe, the story from the paparazzi group known for sensationalizing drivel or the "news source" who apparently doesn't run stories by editors first.(Obviously TMZ is the devil, I know which side I'm on.)

The biggest surprise in all of this is that Scottie actually took 6 people out to dinner and paid for the whole thing(allegedly). The real victim in this story is the server at Nobu that had his table. #NoTipPip
    Last edited by TinManJoshua; 06-26-2013 at 09:51 AM.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...de-restaurant/

Scottie Pippen hit with $4 million lawsuit for incident outside restaurant
    Kurt Helin Jul 12, 2013, 12:39 PM EDT

Getty Images
    Bulls’ legend Scottie Pippen was never charged with a crime regarding an altercation outside a Malibu restaurant last month, but did you really think that would stop the personal lawsuit?

Pippen has been sued for $4 million by 49-year-old plaintiff Camran Shafighi, reports the Associated press. Shafighi claims in the suit he simply asked Pippen for an autograph and a photo outside the restaurant and Pippen responded with an unprovoked attack.

Instead, the suit says, Shafighi got a “brutal and unjustified physical attack” that included spit in the face, a shove, and a punch that sent Shafighi to the ground. “At no time did or could Mr. Shafighi physically provoke or fight back, as he was knocked unconscious with the first blow,” the lawsuit says.

That’s not exactly how police investigators saw it. There were no charges filed and a police spokesman had told reporters that Shafighi was called intoxicated by witnesses. Sources close to Pippen said that Shafighi called him the “N” word and spit on him while Pippen was holding his four-year-old daughter.

So, the courts get to sort this all out — your tax dollars at work. As a guy who spent years writing a crime beat I’ll say I have a pretty good idea who is in the right and who is going after the money here, but I wasn’t there and that’s why we have a legal system to provide justice in these situations. That and to make lawyers rich.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

From what I read a while ago, the autograph seeker dropped the N-bomb on Scottie and spit on him but landed on his daughter. If that happened, then an ***-beating is required. That dude was laying in a stretcher with a neck brace on too. Scottie destroyed him.....
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Smith For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CompACE View Post
    This "autograph seeker" sure does sound like a swell guy.
    He's a Bulls fan. Did you expect better from him?
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

@LetsTalkPacers

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LetsTalkPacers84 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LetsTalkPacers84 View Post
    He's a Bulls fan. Did you expect better from him?
    So what you're saying is that you believe that rooting for a team that is a rival of your favorite team qualifies the fan to be among the scum of the earth? A bad experience with 1 or even 1000 bulls fans isn't enough to make this assumption. And judging by the way he treated a former great from the bulls, I doubt he's a true fan anyway.

If the guy did spit on Pippen's daughter, he should be thankful he got out alive.

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    So what you're saying is that you believe that rooting for a team that is a rival of your favorite team qualifies the fan to be among the scum of the earth? A bad experience with 1 or even 1000 bulls fans isn't enough to make this assumption. And judging by the way he treated a former great from the bulls, I doubt he's a true fan anyway.
    No Im specifically referring to Bulls fans. Hands down the worst. Zero class. Been to multiple venues, and never had an issue. But every time Ive been to chicago or they have came here. Ive always had some issue. not too mention many friends have experienced the same.

Also for what its worth. Bucks fans are amazing, and Detroit fans are surprisingly pretty tame.
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

@LetsTalkPacers

Quote Originally Posted by LetsTalkPacers84 View Post
    No Im specifically referring to Bulls fans. Hands down the worst. Zero class. Been to multiple venues, and never had an issue. But every time Ive been to chicago or they have came here. Ive always had some issue. not too mention many friends have experienced the same.

Also for what its worth. Bucks fans are amazing, and Detroit fans are surprisingly pretty tame.
    Issues with every single fan you've encountered? I doubt it. I understand the attitude of the average person from Chicago is a bit rougher, but don't let the actions of a minority of people force you to make sweeping generalizations. Just listen to some of the Pacers fans from Chicago talk about their experiences with coworkers or others. They're largely positive with a higher penchant for trash talk between them.

This one guy was just an ***, and seemed more like the money seeking autograph selling type than a fan anyway.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...amran-shafighi

Scottie Pippen countersues

LOS ANGELES -- Scottie Pippen has filed a countersuit against a Southern California man who claims the former Chicago Bulls star assaulted him at a sushi restaurant last year.

The Los Angeles Times says the cross-complaint filed this month alleges 49-year-old Camran Shafighi cursed at Pippen using racial slurs, spat on him and his children and threatened to kill him.

Pippen's suit calls for unspecified damages.

Shafighi filed a $4 million lawsuit against Pippen, accusing him of a "brutal and unjustified physical attack" that allegedly occurred outside Malibu's Nobu restaurant after Shafighi had sought a picture with the former NBA All-Star.

An attorney for Shafighi declined Tuesday to comment on the cross-complaint.

Los Angeles County prosecutors said there was insufficient evidence to bring assault charges against the 47-year-old Pippen.