Thread: 3 top 5 players from 2010 draft... Pacers

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default 3 top 5 players from 2010 draft... Pacers

I think it can be argued that 3 of the top 5 players from the 2010 draft are on our roster.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Default Re: 3 top 5 players from 2010 draft... Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it can be argued that 3 of the top 5 players from the 2010 draft are on our roster.
    Let's make sure Turner actually lives up to that draft position first. Remember Dunleavy...
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Turner was one of the top 5 players in his draft class, the sixers would not be donating him at age 25 and not even in his prime yet. It isn't like they couldn't afford to keep him.

My opinion of Greg Monroe drops each year, and I still wouldn't touch a Turner trade offer.

I think Turner is a pretty damn good player, but he's not that good.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Banned
    Mood

I don't know... 2010 was a decent draft. Paul's top five, obviously, arguably #1, but it's debatable whether either Lance or Evan make the top 5.

Paul George
    DeMarcus Cousins
    John Wall
    Eric Bledsoe
    Lance Stephenson
    Greg Monroe
    Gordon Hayward
    Evan Turner
    Larry Sanders

Mood

Guys. I did say ARGUABLE... Its just a neat observation.

Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    Guys. I did say ARGUABLE... Its just a neat observation.
    Wall
    cousins
    George
    Monroe
    Heyward
    Bledsoe
    Favors
    Stephenson

I honestly don't think there's much of an argument to be had.

I'd put him somewhere after that group with Sanders and Bradley.
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-20-2014 at 06:46 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Mood

I believe the top 3 are sewn up, but I think that the next 2 spots could be argued by as many as 5 or 6 guys...
    Now, maybe that means that hes 8th or 9th... Either way, who wouldn't give their left nut for 3 top 10 players?

Sports Logo

I would argue that Turner is not that Good, he is way bellow Danny on D, Danny is a better 3 point shooter (and I mean right now I think he will get better by playoff time) Turner is a good ball handler but what are they going to take the ball away from Hill or Stephenson?

Remember Gerald Green? How good does he look this year in a free wheeling offense compared to last year in ours? That's what comes to my mind when I think of Turner Gerald Green part 2.

Now had we been able to get Michael Carter Williams, that would be something else altogether.
    Last edited by Ragnar; 02-20-2014 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    I would argue that Turner is not that Good, he is way bellow Danny on D, Danny is a better 3 point shooter (and I mean right now I think he will get better by playoff time) Turner is a good ball handler but what are they going to take the ball away from Hill or Stephenson?

Remember Gerald Green? How good does he look this year in a free wheeling offense compared to last year in ours? That's what comes to my mind when I think of Turner Gerald Green part 2.

Now had we been able to get Michael Carter Williams, that would be something else altogether.
    Or even Russell Westbrook, or John wall...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Or even Russell Westbrook, or John wall...
    Well I was talking Sixers but sure why didn't we get Durant!

Hey speaking of John Wall, I see Andre Miller was traded, that would have been a GREAT pickup for us and I have to believe Danny would have given Denver more than what they got, I realize Denver would have had to include at least one other player.
    Last edited by Ragnar; 02-20-2014 at 08:22 PM.

Mood

Turner is way below Danny on defense? Danny can't stay in front of his shadow. Turner certainly isn't Scottie Pippen, but comeon man.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Doug Collins spoke very highly about him and his defense today on ESPN, and lets be honest, how motivated would you be to play lock-down defense in Philly?

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not only does that not have much to do with the original topic here, but I think you're missing the point of the acquisition and what Turner's value will be to Indy.

He gives the Pacers a lot of options as far as matchups and substitutions are concerned. He can be the first backcourt/wing player off the bench and can really come in for Hill, Lance, or PG -- depending who needs a breather first. He can play the 2 or 3 and that gives Indy the option to shift Lance to the point, PG to the 2, or Turner can come in and play the 2 himself. I personally think he and Lance shouldn't play heavy minutes together unless one of them gets hot off catch-and-shoot makes. Their skillsets overlap quite a bit. That's my only real point of contention with the Turner acquisition... I'm not sure if he can carve out a clear, defined role here. But Danny wasn't really giving Indy anything since his return this year.

There is gonna be no dropoff when he comes in for Lance in terms of skill set. He and Lance are pretty similar players really. He is a very good rebounder, very good passer and he can get to the cup. Danny was very one dimensional this year. I think he had more trouble adapting to his new role than he had with the injury. It don't take 3 months to shake the rust off and get into game shape to play 22 minutes.

I also disagree that he's not a much better defender than Danny. He's much better on the perimeter, and he's pretty stout down low himself. He's not a liability down low either, he's a legit 6'7" and pretty stout. He's not an elite defender by any means but he's comparable to Lance on that end of the court, and Lance is pretty good on d.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Danny is literally the point of topic in every single thread. Hey, lets start a thread about the 2010 draft class, surely Danny won't find himself in that thread. Of course he will.

Guys, Danny got traded. Life goes on.

Also while I am ranting, the divide between Lance and Turner is not nearly as big as some of you are making it out to be.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:

Just so you know, you're complaining about Evan Turner and advocating for Michael-Carter Williams, a guy who a) shoots worse from 2 and 3, b) handles the ball more, and c) is a worse defender than Evan Turner.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post: