Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 50 of 50

Thread: We losing OJ too?

  1. #26
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    Mike Wells was on with JMV last night right after the trade went through and said Larry's reasoning was that OJ was a "Me First" player rather than a "Team First" player.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    Ouch

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  4. #28
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    You guys know Solo has a guaranteed deal right?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  6. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,930

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mike Wells was on with JMV last night right after the trade went through and said Larry's reasoning was that OJ was a "Me First" player rather than a "Team First" player.
    I wonder what he thinks of Lance if he thinks Orlando is too me first.

  7. #30
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder what he thinks of Lance if he thinks Orlando is too me first.

    Great story about the night Bynum was signed. Vogel, Bird and Pritchard are sitting at the bar of a local steakhouse waiting on Bynum to arrive (which in and of itself is an awesome thing to imagine). They get on the topic of Lance in conversation with folks at the bar and someone mentions that Lance can be kind of an *******. Bird replies, "Yeah, but he's our *******!"

    Thought that story was hilarious. Also thought it was funny that Vogel put on his "Dad face" basically spent most of the dinner telling Bynum how he would need to behave to make it here.


    Lance is Bird's boy. I still think it's highly unlikely we let him go.

    I think if that quote about OJ is true that it's actually kind of interesting. Hopefully this ends up giving a bump of energy to the team. They were definitely looking sluggish.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 02-21-2014 at 01:10 PM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  9. #31
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    342
    Mood

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    Our NBA2k14 stock just plummeted ...
    Last edited by pacers_heath; 02-21-2014 at 02:06 PM.
    Bring Danny off the bench

  10. #32
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    What?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  11. #33
    Our hero! GrangerRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Age
    29
    Posts
    951

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    OJ and AJ Price have been my favorite fringe bench players we've drafted in recent memory. I'm not a hundred percent sure why either. Hopefully he goes on to have a successful career. His story how he got to the NBA was harrowing.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GrangerRanger For This Useful Post:


  13. #34
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The best part of the trade is that OJ is gone.
    O.....kay?? Why? Did you really dislike him that much?

  14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  15. #35
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mike Wells was on with JMV last night right after the trade went through and said Larry's reasoning was that OJ was a "Me First" player rather than a "Team First" player.
    Seems a bit surprising. Didn't OJ volunteer to be sent to the D-League?

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  17. #36

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder what he thinks of Lance if he thinks Orlando is too me first.
    Lance shoots 50% from the floor and leads the team in assists.

    I like OJ and honestly I think it's too bad we had to cut him. That hurts me more than trading the shell of Danny Granger does, because I'm confident that OJ can be a solid NBA player. He's absolutely been a me-first guy on the court and his ceiling may be Nick Young, but hey Nick Young's got a job in the NBA. As does Gerald Green and several other me-first guys.

    He was stuck in a numbers game from the day he was drafted, so I just hope the Lakers or Boston pick him up.

  18. #37
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,994

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder what he thinks of Lance if he thinks Orlando is too me first.
    Oh. The guy who has twice as many assists on this team than any other player? Heaven forbid what he thinks of George Hill and Paul George.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  20. #38
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,222
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    He never really did much in terms of significant time, but it always seems like OJ played hard and never gave the Pacers a bad name. I wish him well.

  21. #39

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    Well that leaves nothing to show for the 012 draft.

    Yes, I know Plumlee helped bring Scola in a trade, but still 0 for 2 out of that draft with no 1st this coming draft even tho it would be a 29-30 pick. My guess is 014 picks will be hard to buy and costly if you can get one.

  22. #40
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,185

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well that leaves nothing to show for the 012 draft.

    Yes, I know Plumlee helped bring Scola in a trade, but still 0 for 2 out of that draft with no 1st this coming draft even tho it would be a 29-30 pick. My guess is 014 picks will be hard to buy and costly if you can get one.
    Hmm, that's a strange way of looking at it, JT. It's not like either guy was a bust, essentially they were replaced by arguably better players. When you're a vet team this sort of thing tends to happen. For example, consider San Antonio over the past 5 drafts - they have a grand total of 1 draftee (Kawhi) in their regular rotation, and another (Cory Joseph) warming the bench. Other draftees like DeJuan Blair, James Anderson, and most recently Nando de Colo have all moved on, but SA is as strong as ever. I just don't think this is a good standard by which to evaluate a team.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:


  24. #41
    Member IrishPacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,417

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well that leaves nothing to show for the 012 draft.

    Yes, I know Plumlee helped bring Scola in a trade, but still 0 for 2 out of that draft with no 1st this coming draft even tho it would be a 29-30 pick. My guess is 014 picks will be hard to buy and costly if you can get one.
    When you're a title contending team, 2nd round picks don't mean that much.
    "He's too little! He's too little! Hook his @ss he's too little!!" - David West


    https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

  25. #42
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well that leaves nothing to show for the 012 draft.

    Yes, I know Plumlee helped bring Scola in a trade, but still 0 for 2 out of that draft with no 1st this coming draft even tho it would be a 29-30 pick. My guess is 014 picks will be hard to buy and costly if you can get one.
    If one of them was a good player who helped us get another good player in a trade, how on earth does that make it a 0???

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  27. #43
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,222
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well that leaves nothing to show for the 012 draft.

    Yes, I know Plumlee helped bring Scola in a trade, but still 0 for 2 out of that draft with no 1st this coming draft even tho it would be a 29-30 pick. My guess is 014 picks will be hard to buy and costly if you can get one.
    For goodness sakes, we are the top team in the east. Who cares?

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  29. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,930

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance shoots 50% from the floor and leads the team in assists.

    I like OJ and honestly I think it's too bad we had to cut him. That hurts me more than trading the shell of Danny Granger does, because I'm confident that OJ can be a solid NBA player. He's absolutely been a me-first guy on the court and his ceiling may be Nick Young, but hey Nick Young's got a job in the NBA. As does Gerald Green and several other me-first guys.

    He was stuck in a numbers game from the day he was drafted, so I just hope the Lakers or Boston pick him up.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh. The guy who has twice as many assists on this team than any other player? Heaven forbid what he thinks of George Hill and Paul George.
    One can put up good stats and still be me first.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  31. #45
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?



  32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  33. #46
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,870

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    Glad to see OJ finding a team. I believe that he does have a future in this league
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  35. #47
    A Hill to get over a hill Richard_Skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Indy
    Age
    27
    Posts
    411

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    I'm wandering if we used the 'stretch' provision on him, or if we just cut him. If we stretched him, we'll get a little me cap room next year.
    PG24: "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

    RT @Hoya2aPacer "When I play this game I love. I play to make my teammates better. But I'm a mouther****er on defense."

  36. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,930

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Glad to see OJ finding a team. I believe that he does have a future in this league
    It all comes down to how well he shoots the 3. Unless a team is willing to make him one of the top scoring options off the bench where he is taking a smaller amount of threes, he is going to need that three point shot to come back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard_Skull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm wandering if we used the 'stretch' provision on him, or if we just cut him. If we stretched him, we'll get a little me cap room next year.
    I'm not too familiar with the stretch provision other than there is something called the stretch provision. Why would it increase our cap room next year? Orlando was a non-guaranteed contract.

  37. #49
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,461

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance is Bird's boy. I still think it's highly unlikely we let him go.

    I think if that quote about OJ is true that it's actually kind of interesting. Hopefully this ends up giving a bump of energy to the team. They were definitely looking sluggish.
    Yeah, I think it's highly unlikely that we let him go.

    It's one thing when you're a "me first" player that helps your team win a lot of games. Lance can definitely be "me first" at times, but he has helped the team win all season. PG can certainly be "me first" with some of the hideous shots he has forced up lately, but he is a superstar player who is going to help you when a helluva lot of games.

    However, Lance and PG were not "me first" players when they were trying to earn their spots on the team in previous years. PG was somewhat passive in 11-12, his first full season as a starter. Lance last year did an outstanding job of playing within the strict confines of a team system. Both of these guys understood that if they were ever going to be great, they would first have to learn to crawl before they could walk and run. If OJ didn't understand this and was "me first" before ever even becoming a true rotational player, then that is a gigantic red flag. It's one thing to be "me first" when you have the talent to back it up and have proven yourself. It's quite another when you are just some no name who is barely hanging on to a roster spot. If the Wells story is true, then I'm glad we poured the juice down the drain.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 02-26-2014 at 08:29 AM.

  38. #50
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We losing OJ too?

    Never cared for OJ and never saw the attraction...the dude isnt an NBA rotational player...outside of one that sits on the end of the bench in a suit and never plays

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •