Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 157

Thread: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

  1. #101
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,517

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    Idk why but This is still a major shock to me.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  3. #102

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    That Celtics game where he lost his teeth is one of my all time favorite moments as a Pacers fan.

    I was never the biggest Granger fan, but this one hurts. He'll always be a Pacer to me. I know everyone thinks Larry Bird is stone cold right now, but I bet this was one of his toughest days ever in basketball.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  5. #103
    Member Mr.ThunderMakeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,094

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope he joins Phoenix so I can root for him down here.
    Best case scenario for me, I might actually start rooting for the Suns (2nd to the Pacers of course). Also the new Suns jerseys are really sweet, I would probably get a Danny Suns jersey.

  6. #104
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,797

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    All of the Granger talk today made me feel old. I was a senior in high school during Granger's rookie season, so it made me feel a bit old to hear him described as a "9 year veteran", "longest tenured Pacer", "elder statesman", and "older player battling injuries". Crazy how time flies and depressing to think that a player drafted when I was a senior in high school can now be described that way.

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  8. #105
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,522

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My favorite DG moment
    That wasn't his only run in with Lebron's Elbow that series, I believe it was game 4 here in Indy where Lebron had the 40pt game and Granger committed the clear path foul on Lebron, and he stuck his elbow out to try and get a cheap shot on Granger. I thought Danny was about to slam Lebron into the scorers table.

    In that series Danny treated Lebron with no respect, he was doing what every Pacer fan was begging for all season. Show "the King" his crown means nothing in Indiana.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  10. #106
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,797

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    Damn, Granger finished just 9 points behind JO on the franchise's all time leading scorers list. He leaves the Pacers in the number 6 spot.

  11. #107
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,279

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn, Granger finished just 9 points behind JO on the franchise's all time leading scorers list. He leaves the Pacers in the number 6 spot.
    Day just keeps on getting better...


  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  13. #108
    Member RyanPelley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belleville, Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    205
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    I was already feeling bad for Danny from the time I saw the news, but this thread is making me want to tear up.

    Switched from cable to DirecTV in 2006 and for a couple of years, my package didn't include Fox Sports. So I only got to see the Pacers play sporadically, and basically kept up with them through newspaper and internet (dialup... no video). It was a low point for the team, but it was always Granger that stood out obviously, from his performance alone. When the satellite package changed in 2008 and I once again got the Pacers on TV, I got to see it for myself, game after game. Like the rest of you, I was privileged to see a young Danny turn into an outstanding player. From the downfall after the brawl and Reggie's retirement up until this point, there was very little to cheer about. But the emergence of Danny was certainly something to make people happy and get people back into things.

    Thinking about it, it seems crazy that he was here for 8 years. It really doesn't seem like that long at all. And looking over his career highlights and statistics, I had forgotten what kind of numbers he put up during those years. I remember thinking "if the Pacers could get a consistent 20 points per game scorer, maybe they could quickly turn it around and get back to where they were." Well that's what Danny became, and man, what a thrill that was. He always worked his tail off, did all that he could, and never was a problem. And now... it's just sad. Whether Philly keeps him or they let him go and he signs elsewhere, I hope he can bounce back to re-spark the pre-injury Danny. Hopefully he can land somewhere and help them into the playoffs, because he definitely deserves that.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RyanPelley For This Useful Post:


  15. #109
    High Flyers ThA HoyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pasco, wa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,569

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    http://instagram.com/p/kqlmwnHMvD/

    Paul George reaction

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:


  17. #110
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,326

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    Well, I hope he gets a ring somewhere, honestly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:


  19. #111
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,149

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I hope he gets a ring somewhere, honestly...
    His best chance to get a ring anywhere would have been here. Now we have a better chance at getting that ring because we were able to turn his contract into a better player. This is this city's best chance at an NBA Championship. We will never have a deeper, more complete roster.

    Sorry, no way in hell am I rooting for Granger to win a ring.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  21. #112
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,517

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    If you're not a fan of Granger, why even comment within this thread? There are plenty of other threads for that *****

  22. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  23. #113
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,486

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His best chance to get a ring anywhere would have been here. Now we have a better chance at getting that ring because we were able to turn his contract into a better player. This is this city's best chance at an NBA Championship. We will never have a deeper, more complete roster.

    Sorry, no way in hell am I rooting for Granger to win a ring.
    I don't think he meant this year. Just in general before his NBA career is over, I would love to see Danny win a ring.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  25. #114
    Member Phree Refill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Columbus IN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    589

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    No more Danny-aoke during timeouts at BLF....

    Last edited by Phree Refill; 02-21-2014 at 09:38 AM.

  26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Phree Refill For This Useful Post:


  27. #115

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    Danny is a class act, and he will be missed. You've got to respect what he did for the organization during the lean years. Let's hope this doesn't affect the locker room too much. His good nature and veteran presence has been a constant with the young guys, and it might take some adjustment now that he's gone. In any case, he was one of my favorite Pacers, and I wish him the best.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to lafayettepacer For This Useful Post:


  29. #116
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,326

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, no way in hell am I rooting for Granger to win a ring.
    Good For you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:


  31. #117
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,189

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His best chance to get a ring anywhere would have been here. Now we have a better chance at getting that ring because we were able to turn his contract into a better player. This is this city's best chance at an NBA Championship. We will never have a deeper, more complete roster.

    Sorry, no way in hell am I rooting for Granger to win a ring.
    That seems a bit petty. It isn't like he demanded the trade or dogged it until we got fed up with him.

    Winning a ring OVER the Pacers? No way, that I can understand.

    Being in a position to win a ring in a year the Pacers are out of it? Why not?
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  33. #118
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,488

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn, Granger finished just 9 points behind JO on the franchise's all time leading scorers list. He leaves the Pacers in the number 6 spot.
    It seems possible that our paths could pass with 33 again. Of course it's unlikely he finishes in the top 5 regardless with the way Paul is going, but I would like to see him in front of JO

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  35. #119
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,488

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread


    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  37. #120
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,522

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder who gets to keep that banner?

    I'd love to get my hands on that.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 02-21-2014 at 01:41 PM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  38. #121
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,898

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    Would be nice if some posters had the same class Danny had and knew when to keep their mouths shut. Especially in the Danny Granger appreciation thread.

  39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  40. #122
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    So it all comes full circle.

    The injury that allowed him to slip to available at 17th overall in 2005 was the injury that for all intents and purposes, ended his Pacers career.

    Thanks for the memories, 33. I hope to see a one-day in the future for your retirement.
    Last edited by Steagles; 02-21-2014 at 01:54 PM.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  41. #123
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,189

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    for all intensive purposes
    You people are killing me.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  42. #124
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You people are killing me.
    Whoops

    Fixed it
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  43. #125
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,505

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You people are killing me.
    Irregardless of this being you're pet peeve, I think harping on the grammer mistakes hasn't been as affective as you hoped. Maybe your being too hard on them, because chasing them with an axe hasn't produced a desired effect.

  44. The Following User Says Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •