Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

Default Re: Danny Granger Appreciation Thread

"We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Joey (Stephen actually now that I thought about it, both had the same impact but at least ours wasn't a lotto pick) Graham!
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 02-20-2014 at 05:38 PM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Joey (Stephen actually now that I thought about it, both had the same impact but at least ours wasn't a lotto pick) Graham!
    Danny even brought a smile to Satan's face

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    He was big in 2012 IMO. Which started it all for us. He was big in 2011 in the Bulls series.

NBA Pacers who ranks higher?
    Reggie, JO, Smits no questions asked.

He's about on par with the Rifleman.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    Reggie, JO, Smits no questions asked.

He's about on par with the Rifleman.
    I put him on par with Smits, Dale, and Jackson. JO is further down on the list.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Best of luck Danny, you were the reason that I was here when times were tough for the org...

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Blah blah Blah
    Blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah-blah.
    Blah blah Blah, blah blah blah blah blah.
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Blah Blah Blah!!!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Its so sad to see him gone. I became a fan of the Pacers when I was 11 the year he got drafted. I got to get his all star jersey signed the first day they put it on the shelf. I have treasured that jersey. I love the compassion that Granger plays with. He will ALWAYS be my favorite player in the NBA.
    “This was just a taste,” George said. “I want to be here every year until I can’t go no more.”

I actually stopped watching the Pacers a lot after the 1999 season, even when they went to the finals. It was Danny that brought me back. I loved watching him play, and he was a bright spot in the post Reggie era. I'll miss him, but I hope he does well for Philly.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Indra For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Feeling really bad for Danny on this one. We all remember going through the dark years post brawl where Danny was one of the few (if only) constant bright spot. The guy was the face of the franchise. I REALLY wished he could have been with us to the end of this year so he could get a shot at the ring he so richly deserved, but I understand that the NBA is a business and sometimes that means really hard decisions. I wish him good luck in Philly.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Having trouble letting go. Good luck, good Batcave-building sir.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

I'm trying to come up with something poignant to say, but I can't.

In my heart of hearts I know that this is a good trade for the Pacers. I won't deny that. Danny isn't the player he once was. As someone who has been through traumatic orthopedic injuries, surgeries and attempted recoveries, it makes this whole thing sting for me even worse knowing that is what ultimately doomed Danny's time as a Pacer. I hurt for him because, on my own personal level, I understand some of what he's going through. He WANTS to be "The Captain" for his team. He WANTS to help them get into the promised land. He WANTS to. But his body won't let him.

To some (lucky) fans, relating to this is impossible because they've never had to deal with chronic, quality of life and performance threatening injuries. I can relate. All too well.

So yeah, I'm pretty heartbroken over this.

Danny is one of the genuine good guys in the NBA. He has always been a consummate professional and someone we could all be damned proud of to represent our Pacers. Not only as an elite player in his prime, but as a role model and community member.

I absolutely hate that he won't be around to put any and everything he has left on the floor to help us try to win our first NBA title. It just flat out hurts. It hurts a lot.

I will be watching and cheering for him anywhere he ends up. But I'll still wish he was wearing #33 for the Pacers.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

I could write several paragraphs in thanks to Danny for everything he did and has done for the Pacers but I think everybody could do that. To just sum it all up, great memories, like that incredible home game vs Cleveland when Danny beat LeBron by one point, Danny's game-winning shot at the buzzer on the road at Phoenix, etc. He had to carry a few Pacers teams that were pretty bad, but I'm glad that he got to experience a championship-caliber team, while healthy, up until the trade, and I wish him all the best. He's been a great player on and off the court, very friendly, as has been his whole family that has supported him and the Pacers throughout his NBA career. He will be missed dearly. Maybe someday he will join the Pacers again as part of a coaching staff.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChristianDudley For This Useful Post:

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Oh, and I can't not mention the home opener win against the Boston Celtics a few seasons ago when DG sacrificed his front teeth for the city of Indianapolis!

23. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ChristianDudley For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianDudley View Post
    Oh, and I can't not mention the home opener win against the Boston Celtics a few seasons ago when DG sacrificed his front teeth for the city of Indianapolis!
    The first thing I thought of when thinking of "Danny Moments." I tried to find a video of it on YouTube with no luck.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I suppose this hits people harder who are in their twenties and were too young to know the 90's teams.

I often forget how old I am.
    I was around for the 90's teams and I hate this. Danny was the first hope after the brawl and our best player for a long time, during the Satan era when out and about in Pacers gear friends would rib me about the Pacers and ask me why I was still a fan I would always say well someone has to be and at least we have Danny Granger. (never mind that I could not stomach watching the games at this point)

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

This must be a bad dream.
    Mood

Sports Logo

Danny,
    You're blessed, and we're blessed to have had you. You'll always be a part of us.
    Thank you and your beautiful family for all your efforts.
    May prosperity and success be yours always.
    "I've been through the fire, and what the fire doesn't destroy it hardens...
    and I'm hardened!
    " - Baron Von Raschke

29. The Following User Says Thank You to RamBo_Lamar For This Useful Post:

Mood

Danny played good,hard ball for us when he could have mailed it in and/or demanded a trade. He put his heart into the O'Brien Pacers. I'll always appreciate him for that.

The trade should have happened but it killed me a little inside.
    Pacers,baby!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to HeliumFear For This Useful Post:

I'll always be a Granger fan and I'm sickened by the business side of the NBA today. Granger stuck with us and gave us his prime years without a gripe or even a hint of a trade demand when things weren't going well. Few players today would do that. I've been flat out disgusted with some of the posters on here and their short term memories when it comes to Danny. He's a good guy and I wish him well in free agency and the next step in his career. I honestly think Danny still has a few good years in him as a starter in the right environment. He seems to be staying healthy and I think what we might be seeing is another David West example where he'll be a lot better year 2 post op then he is in year 1.It's a real shame, Danny deserved a chance at a ring with us this year, I hope he can find the right fit out there to still accomplish that.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

A class act. One of the true gamers in the league. Wasn't afraid of anyone. Played Lebron as well as any other SF in the league during his prime. Thanks for the memories Danny/

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lolwuttermelons For This Useful Post:

Danny has been a real soldier for the Pacers. He kept this franchise afloat through the dark years and I am personally sad he isn't getting the chance for jewelry this year. I wish him the best on the floor and off.

As for ranking him, talent-wise he's under JO and Reggie and above Chuck Person. In terms of being a Pacer he's right there with Smits and Dale Davis in terms of what he meant to the franchise and how he played his game with class...from beginning to the end.

You have to tip your hat to him.

Wanna thank DG for all the good times!!! Wish Danny the best and it makes me really sad to see him go like this. He was my favorite player for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    I put him on par with Smits, Dale, and Jackson. JO is further down on the list.
    JO and Danny were on the opposite ends of the spectrum for me.

JO had all the talent, skills and athleticism. He was also rather soft, entitled and an immature prima donna. He always played with good talent during his prime here but was always whining or complaining about something.

Danny had some talent, but wasn't nearly as naturally athletic or talented as other good SF's in the league. He NEVER complained or requested a trade in spite of the fact that he never played with any type of talent during his prime. He also pretty much battled injuries until his body completely gave out on him. (Or until Lebron slipped his foot under him during the playoffs)
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 02-20-2014 at 07:51 PM.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    JO and Danny were on the opposite ends of the spectrum for me.

JO had all the talent, skills and athleticism. He was also rather soft, entitled and an immature prima donna. He always played with good talent during his prime here.

Danny had some talent, but wasn't nearly as naturally athletic or talented as other good SF's in the league. He NEVER complained or requested a trade in spite of the fact that he never played with any type of talent during his prime. He also pretty much battled injuries until his body completely gave out on him. (Or until Lebron slipped his foot under him during the playoffs)
    This is going to sound kind of strange, but I sort of hated JO. He was a great player and all but I just didn't like him. Never really did.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post: