Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1359

Thread: Granger traded to Philly

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Too lazy? Do you realize how much work it took to make it back in the first place? Let's not act like dude is just out there getting straight embarrassed. He's not exactly Shawn Kemp out there (which is what you're basically insinuating) As poorly as he played, and shot, he still was able to average 8 ppg and 4 rebs (with several games of scoring in double figures) on a championship contending team.

Is he what he used to be? Obviously no he isn't. But to make it seem like he's some lazy player who could barely crack the rotation of any NBA team, or wasn't able to contribute AT ALL is definitely false.
    Knowing and understanding Danny's injury, then knowing he has always took close to half a season to get it going makes one wonder. Then to hear Larry say he is lazy in the off season after he strains a calf muscle in a game that he only walk, jogged to a mild run definitely makes ya go hmmm. Then you hear that the FO decided to trade him cause Danny didn't want to continue his rehab workouts which was against what the Doctors was saying most definitely puts full perspective on the full situation of Danny Granger. With his injury, he should always continue his rehab workouts till he retires. So, you want to ignore what's right in front of us? Go ahead, but I'm not going to cause Larry has said enough to validate what I thought all along.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Looking at these splits, its quite interesting imo.

Clearly with a day of rest he was better. The 25% shooting from three with 2 days rest seems odd, but it is a very small sample size. And even with that, the two days rest seem to give his best games, putting up 10.5ppg, 5.3rpg and 1.3apg. His shooting % wasn't good, but his TS% is, and he was getting to the line more those games.

But shooting 41% from three with a day of rest is good. Thats what Danny will be brought in for by some team.
    A Spurs forum was arguing about Danny and his shooting percentages today. One poster said he would still take Danny in as much as the players he guarded were just shooting 30%. Someone should check that out to see if it's true.

Another thought or two, if he signs with the spurs he's only about 500 miles from his bat cave. He has a home in LA though.
    Last edited by Will Galen; 02-26-2014 at 09:04 PM.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    A Spurs forum was arguing about Danny and his shooting percentages today. One poster said he would still take Danny in as much as the players he guarded were just shooting 30%. Someone should check that out to see if it's true.

Another thought or two, if he signs with the spurs he's only about 500 miles from his bat cave. He has a home in LA though.
    I don't know where to find that stat, but I do know his opponents have a PER of 9.0 at the SF position.
    Last edited by Eleazar; 02-26-2014 at 09:11 PM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post

From the Miami Herald a few days ago:
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...t-marlins.html
    Danny Granger, 30, acquired by Philadelphia, reportedly wants a buyout so he can sign with the Heat or a Western Conference contender, and Caron Butler, 33, also will welcome Heat overtures if he gets a buyout from Milwaukee, as many expect. (It's too early to tell if Granger will get the buyout.)

So who would be better for Miami? Heat players would clearly prefer Butler; he and Dwyane Wade are close from their days as Heat teammates, and Granger irritated the Heat’s stars by getting in their faces after fouls in the 2012 playoffs. At the time, LeBron James called Granger’s conduct “stupid.”

Granger, 6-8, is shooting just 35.9 percent; Butler, 6-7, is shooting only 38.7 percent. But players guarded by Granger are shooting 30.9 percent, compared with 47 percent for Butler.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:

So Danny Granger playing elite level defense yet he is completely done, nothing left in the tank. The over exaggeration on this board is crazy.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    So Danny Granger playing elite level defense yet he is completely done, nothing left in the tank. The over exaggeration on this board is crazy.
    Its cause they were taking it easy on him since he was injured

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:

Mood

Elite level defense is over exaggerated for sure.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Elite level defense is over exaggerated for sure.
    I dunno, 9 per, 30% FGA. He might be one the best perimeter wing defenders coming of the bench in this entire league.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Mood

I dunno, 9 per, 30% FGA. He might be one the best perimeter wing defenders coming of the bench in this entire league. /green
    Fixed

Mood

Got word that the 2nd rnd pick is the Warriors pick.

Will Galen,
    Its true but you also have to factor in shooting fouls. Synergy has his opponents shooting really poorly but he was also playing alot of minutes with PG on the second assignment as well.

Sent from my HTCPO881 Sprint using Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Some people just have an agenda against Danny. It became a lot more obvious after he was traded.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Hmm, Sam Amico reported no interest in Granger. "He's done", quoting an unnamed source. Now here's Marc Stein refuting that report:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...rs-sources-say

The Los Angeles Clippers met with the representatives of swingman Danny Granger during Wednesday night's game against the Houston Rockets and have nudged ahead of the San Antonio Spurs in the race for Granger's services, according to sources close to the process.

Rivers quickly confirmed his team's interest in Granger before Wednesday's victory, saying "Of course!" when asked if L.A. would like to sign him, but then added: "That'll be up to Danny."

Sources told ESPN.com on Wednesday that Granger, after playing in Indiana for the first nine seasons of career, is determined to hear out all of his suitors before making a commitment, with the other two teams in Texas - Houston and Dallas - also trying to wedge their way into contention alongside the Clippers and Spurs by registering bids of their own.

But sources also indicate that Granger is likely to verbally commit to a team before he formally clears waivers Friday at 5 p.m. ET and becomes an unrestricted free agent.
    So Danny is likely to be an official FA this season for a grand total of zero seconds. So much for no interest.

In conclusion, don't believe anything Amico says.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

I honestly don't know why some people feel the need to downsize what Granger, who was an Indiana Pacer for 9 seasons, has done for this Franchise in previous seasons aswell as this season? It's like kicking a loyal player, because he's been nothing but a good and loyal citizen throughout his career with us, in his back, while there really is no need for it (atleast IMHO).

Yeah, he wasn't good at all this season, but this season was only two months old for him with regards to games played. We all know he's had a very heavy injury, hence why he missed so much time trying to come back from it, while he didn't miss much time due to injuries previous to it, and it takes a lot of time to come back from that, but suddenly a certain part of the board has decided he's "washed up", "completely broken down" and likely to "retire".

I don't get that. To me he's just a player who is going through the "growing pains" of returning from a hefty injury. That takes a lot of time and the truth is that we didn't have that time to see how good he could become again this season and THAT together with the team getting a player back (Turner) who has some of the same specifics and characteristics in how he plays the game as Lance does and thus providing us with an insurance policy IF Lance bolts this summer is the reason he was dealt. Atleast that's how I see it.

But, that's something else then what he's been labeled by some of our fellow Pacers fans who I don't think have any prove to support the labels that they are giving him.

I dunno just irks me a little bit I guess . Dude has been a quiet, loyal player while giving a lot for this franchise for us for a long time while being a good citizen and a beackon of light in some dark days (hi there JOB!) and then the minute he leaves... I just don't think he deserves that, but that's just my .

Either way, I'm happy to have Turner and Allen and I hope the team will reap the benefits from this trade, while at the sametime I wish Danny all the best in the world with his new team, though I rather not us play him in say the Finals, and I hope he recovers from his injuries. Maybe not 100% pre-injury Danny, but say 95% pre-injury Danny (which would still make him a pretty damn decent player, especially on a deep team).

To sum it all up: and goodluck Danny!
    Last edited by Mourning; 02-27-2014 at 09:33 AM. Reason: language error
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    So Danny is likely to be an official FA this season for a grand total of zero seconds. So much for no interest.

Yeah. I would say "This surprised no one" except it's clearly a surprise to some.

I'm sad to see Danny go, though I remain happy that we got Evan Turner.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Yeah. I would say "This surprised no one" except it's clearly a surprise to some.

I'm sad to see Danny go, though I remain happy that we got Evan Turner.
    Exactly!
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

Wow, I have learned a lot about Granger in the last month or so. He's lazy, doesn't push himself in the summer, stops working on his injured knee(because he's lazy). He's washed up and can't play a lick and NO TEAM wants him even for free. Fooled me for a lot of years. I wonder if all these sudden new haters are right and Granger's career was just a fluke. Color me green! Maybe that's why 3 of the top teams in the West are lining up to talk to him.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post

That is certainly fine if that is what you want to do. But all he said was that a source a current NBA general manager said to him that there was zero interest in Danny and that Danny was done.

So are you suggesting that Sam just made that up completely and that a GM did not tell him that? if we should never believe anything that Sam says then you must believe that. Otherwise what the GM told Sam was what the GM told Sam and I believe it is worth reporting. Of course the GM as it turns out might be wrong. We'll see.

But if I am a reporter and a current NBA GM tells me that, I think it is worth reporting.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 02-27-2014 at 09:28 AM.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was in the building for Danny Granger's first game of this season against the Houston Rockets. Even though he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn he had highlight block on Dwight Howard, a steal, and he played great defense all game. The Rockets bench only scored 18 points and he was a big reason why.

Wherever he lands they'll be getting a good 3-and-D player (he's shooting 36% from 3 in the month of February) but it makes all the sense in the world for him to go play for the Clippers. Doc has been hunting for more defense all season hence the benching of Jared Dudley in exchange for Matt Barnes. I think Danny could be the answer that they have been looking for at SF all season. Plus he has a home in LA and stays there during the offseason. I also predicted a Pacers vs. Clippers matchup in the Finals before the season started and this would be great subplot to the matchup.
    Last edited by naptownmenace; 02-27-2014 at 09:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    That is certainly fine if that is what you want to do. But all he said was that a source a current NBA general manager said to him that there was zero interest in Danny and that Danny was done.

So are you suggesting that Sam just made that up completely and that a GM did not tell him that? if we should never believe anything that Sam says then you must believe that. Otherwise what the GM told Sam was what the GM told Sam and I believe it is worth reporting. Of course the GM as it turns out might be wrong. We'll see.

But if I am a reporting and a current NBA GM tells me that I think it is worth reporting.
    Either his sources have no clue, or he made it up. Either way, it's not very good reporting, when you've got some contenders openly vying for his services. When all the other sports writers are saying one thing, and one is saying another, there's an issue.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Some people just have an agenda against Danny. It became a lot more obvious after he was traded.
    I think it's more a case of people wanting to feel like the Pacers "won" the trade, so they're trying to rationalize it any way they can.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

I'm really happy to see that Danny is potentially finding a place to give it one more go. Also very happy that it's looking likely for him to do that with a west coast team. The chances of any of those teams (Clippers, SA, Houston) getting past Oklahoma are low. It would be unbearable for me to watch him playing in Miami, as well.

Facing him in a seven game series would be rough.

So, happy to see him landing on his feet.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    They really do and the disrespect he gets from some is sad. I only have 1 poster I've ever placed on ignore but I'm going to start adding to it. There are some who just have an opinion that Danny wasn't helping the team but more who have nothing of value to say other then the occasional cheap shot at Granger.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

But if I am a reporter and a current NBA GM tells me that, I think it is worth reporting.
    It's also possible that GM meant that he had no interest in Granger for his team, because he thinks he's done. He may not necessarily have been talking about all 29 other teams.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

But why are some reporters more credible than others? My best guess: they either have better sources, or they cross check their sources against others.

Sam Amico isn't credible because he is willing to print whatever BS anyone is willing to pass to him. You don't believe NBA GMs spread rumors about other guys for their own purposes? Amico has a long track record of printing stuff that turned out to be baseless.