Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1359

Thread: Granger traded to Philly

Mood

Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree. West has been huge for us. He easily could have made the All-Star team this year. But the question was who has looked better in our offense.

Also, found this as I was browsing Evan Turner videos on YouTube I'd love to know what was going through his mind when he thought this was a good idea.

(NSFW)

I wish we could play his 'mother ****errr' whenever he makes a highlight play at the Fieldhouse

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I get that some are upset by the loss of DG. The bigger picture is the ultimate goal to win a Championship. Those upset at Bird for making this move may be some of the ones who were also critical of him for never making a move prior to this deadline. Many did not like his patient 3 year approach. Now he makes a move that Bird believes is best for the Franchise and suddenly were no longer a dignified Franchise.

Birds job is to put together the best team possible. It is his team and his responsibility to win a championship. Those on here upset with this are basically telling Larry LEGEND how to go about his business and that's a load of horse****.

Wouldn't surprise if this same bunch critical of Larry would be the same ones criticizing him for not finding a replacement if Lance leaves over the off season. Pacers fan will be upset when DG and Lance walk for bigger bucks and call for Legends head if he doesn't find a replacement.

Birds job is to win a championship. Bird is a man with a lot of pride and worked hard for what he had. stories about him mowing his own lawn while with the boston Celtics and peeps would watch him, Cedric Maxwell found it amusing Legend would mow his own lawn. the reason Legend hurt his back was shoveling gravel at his home in French Lick during the offseason. he coulda hired somebody but that's not how LEGEND works.

Legend has a job to do and that's what he is all about. if DG or Lance would commit to less money for this Franchise then perhaps Bird would give the players more say in front office decision making. unfortunately as we have seen with Roy and Paul that's not how it works.

Pacers lose Lance this offseason and got no backup in place then Pacers fans will be calling for Legends Mt Rushmore head. Bird is doing his job. If you all don't like it then root for the Philly 76ers or the Heat when Granger joins with them.

I think some are way out of line for talking trash about Legend when its his job per Simon to win a championship.

Legend stated clearly he did not expect a deal to go down. that's why he was not in town.

“I am excited about it,” Bird said, per Candace Buckner of The Indy Star. “I didn’t think there was going to be anything there that we were really looking for (with trades) but when this came up and caught our attention, we thought maybe we should do it.”

Obviously, Lavoy Allen’s another big body that can play and Evan Turner—I like guys who can play multiple positions. You can talk all you want about he can’t hit an outside shot, can’t do this. I always look at the positive side of it. I think he’s a kid who can come in right away and help us.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...indiana-pacers
    Last edited by PacersPride; 02-24-2014 at 09:20 PM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

So, if I can break into the discussion for a moment...

What's happening with Granger merch? Is there a fire sale on Granger jerseys?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Andrew Perna is speculating he might sign with San Antonio.

I think Danny will sign with the team that he thinks will give him the best opportunity to prove his worth for his next contract. It seems to me that the Clippers would be able to offer him the most playing time at least as contenders go.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post

Oh yes. Stopped into Home Court Saturday and there was a huge rack of Granger jerseys. The Rev30 authentics are marked down to $90.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Whoa.

Yes, he's donated money to it. Yes, he's given his time and presence to fund-raisers. No - he didn't build it with his own money. Let's not elevate him to saint-hood quite yet.
    +1

I hate it when people think that just because his name is on the building they also believe he built the darn thing. Google that ish before you post.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Just a gut feeling (not worth much) but I'm guessing San Antonio.

Though I wouldnt care one bit if he went to Miami. I don't think he has anything left, not this year at least.

Only difference is I'd cheer for him in San Antonio...Miami, no way
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

for those who say Danny did not deserve this. How about the Pacers Franchise. do the BnG deserve a discount from DG if he were to re-sign here in the offseason. how about if Pacers mgt said Danny were gonna turn down a deal for a former #2 pick and a serviceable big because we believe you deserve it. however, we want to re-sign you to 1M per until you retire in order to recoup the 20+M worth of production lost.

my guess is Danny would decline.

if we gave up even value (1st rounder) I could see where many could be upset w Pacers brass. as it is, we gave up a 2nd rounder for a former #2 pick and a serviceable big. Birds been upfront from day one with the numerous trade rumors in regard to DG over the seasons. Always stated that it would take an offer to good to pass up to trade Danny.

In regards to next season this trades a no brainer.

only way in which this trade is declined is if its not gonna help us win a title now. I don't see how Turner can play much worse than what Danny has given us vs backup level players.

The bench is one of the worst in the league.

Hard to believe anyone would want Bird to have turned that deal down if LEGEND felt it made us a better team.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Just a gut feeling (not worth much) but I'm guessing San Antonio.

Though I wouldnt care one bit if he went to Miami. I don't think he has anything left, not this year at least.

Only difference is I'd cheer for him in San Antonio...Miami, no way
    Danny would be ideal in MIA at PF. Danny played Blake Griffen very well. who would you all rather see guard DWEST, Battier or Granger. Dannys ideal position is no longer SF. He is a PF these days and will prob play the position well.

hoping he heads down to San Antonio
    Last edited by PacersPride; 02-25-2014 at 01:18 AM.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    Danny would be ideal in MIA at PF. Danny played Blake Griffen very well. who would you all rather see guard DWEST, Battier or Granger. Dannys ideal position is no longer SF. He is a PF these days and will prob play the position well.

hoping he heads down to San Antonio
    This year? I'd LOVE to see DG guard DWest...
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    It's a business people. LeBron taught you all it is just a business...
    That's the second time that you're using him as an example in this thread. Why would we want to take lessons from an ***?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MyFavMartin View Post
    Andrew Perna is speculating he might sign with San Antonio.
    I really wish that this is the case. Danny deserves the best.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Was browsing some sites and it seems that Miami players don't won't Granger do to his attitude toward them in past games, playoffs read one article that said DWade would rather have Caron Butler do to past events.

I'd rather see him playing for the Clips or Spurs anyway.

Sorry I can't post the sites, I'm on my phone and working. Can't take that time to do so.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Sports Logo Sports Logo

there is a actually. Fanatics.com and pacers website has them for about 40 bucks. T shirts around 16
    Impossible Is Nothing

Sports Logo Sports Logo

there is a actually. Fanatics.com and pacers website has them for about 40 bucks. T shirts around 16
    Impossible Is Nothing

Mood

My sense is the DG really hates LeBron and would not go to Miami. How many near elbows has the King thrown and Danny's going to help him win a ring? Never felt Danny got respect from LeBron.

I could see Phoenix due to his health (trainers there are supposed to be excellent), but not sure how much playing time he'd get there (wing rotation of PJ Tucker, Barbosa, Gerald Green and Marcus Morris and spread PFs of Frye and Markieff Morris. Bledsoe is about back and Goran could get a lot of open shots for Danny.

But Danny says he wants to sign with a contender and I don't see Phoenix as a top tier team. Not sure anyone out of San Antonio and maybe Houston would want Danny, whose still yet to proove he can contribute. Doesn't look like OKC has the cap space under the lux tax but SA, Hou, and Pho does.

Of course, this is all speculation on my end, but we're all arm-chair quarterbacks here.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Was browsing some sites and it seems that Miami players don't won't Granger do to his attitude toward them in past games, playoffs read one article that said DWade would rather have Caron Butler do to past events
    Screw Wade. Oh WAAAAAHHHHHH! Danny Granger didn't back down and kiss our *** on TV like the inferior player that he is WAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cheap shot artists not wanting Danny because of his attitude? Sounds like a compliment.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Mood

31. The Following User Says Thank You to MyFavMartin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    for those who say Danny did not deserve this. How about the Pacers Franchise. do the BnG deserve a discount from DG if he were to re-sign here in the offseason. how about if Pacers mgt said Danny were gonna turn down a deal for a former #2 pick and a serviceable big because we believe you deserve it. however, we want to re-sign you to 1M per until you retire in order to recoup the 20+M worth of production lost.

my guess is Danny would decline.

if we gave up even value (1st rounder) I could see where many could be upset w Pacers brass. as it is, we gave up a 2nd rounder for a former #2 pick and a serviceable big. Birds been upfront from day one with the numerous trade rumors in regard to DG over the seasons. Always stated that it would take an offer to good to pass up to trade Danny.

In regards to next season this trades a no brainer.

only way in which this trade is declined is if its not gonna help us win a title now. I don't see how Turner can play much worse than what Danny has given us vs backup level players.

The bench is one of the worst in the league.

Hard to believe anyone would want Bird to have turned that deal down if LEGEND felt it made us a better team.
    Danny gave them a discount in his most productive years. HE was averaging 25pts making only 10 million.

Insurance picked up most of his salary last season. So its not like the Pacers were out 14 million. Or even 20 Million? Not sure where you get the 20 Million from.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So apparently Danny had let up on his training regiment with the knee......

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...medium=twitter

Where Does Danny Land?: The Philadelphia 76ers and forward Danny Granger are expected to reach a buyout agreement at some point today, although 76ers coach Brett Brown told reporters last night that he was still unsure of the outcome and that Granger and 76er General Manager Sam Hinkie were still talking through the scenarios.

Granger and the 76ers have had several discussions about the structure of a buyout that would allow Granger to become an unrestricted free agent. It is believed that Granger is not overly interested in finishing the season in Philadelphia and may be willing to sacrifice some of the $4.2 million still remaining on his $14.02 million final contract year in order to join a contending playoff team.

Several teams are expecting a buyout to occur and have started doing due diligence on Granger and his long problematic left knee.

Sources close to the situation in Indiana say that Granger had let up on the routine conditioning that has become an almost daily requirement to keep his knee workable and that, combined with his ending contract is what lead to his trade from the Pacers.

Inquiring teams are trying to get a sense of what they can expect from Granger down the stretch. Granger has been linked to both the Miami HEAT and the San Antonio Spurs, although sources say that the New York Knicks and the Chicago Bulls have expected some interest in Granger too.

Assuming that Granger and the 76ers reach an agreement today, there is a 48-hour waiver period that would have to pass before he could join another team.

A player must be bought out and waived before March 1 in order to be eligible for the postseason, regardless of when that player signs with a new team.

Read more at http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...E18sQFdkDOT.99
    Last edited by Sandman21; 02-25-2014 at 12:19 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

That doesn't surprise me one bit.

This season he's played like a guy that doesn't care about basketball. Sometimes priorities change, and I don't fault Danny for that. But he had no fire at all this season.

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    That doesn't surprise me one bit.

This season he's played like a guy that doesn't care about basketball. Sometimes priorities change, and I don't fault Danny for that. But he had no fire at all this season.
    Maybe his knee was feeling better and didn't need to do the routine every day anymore?
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Maybe his knee was feeling better and didn't need to do the routine every day anymore?
    He never played like he didn't need to do it anymore.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post: