Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Granger traded to Philly

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're missing the point.
    49% doesn't make the Pacers drastically better because he was only averaging 7.7 attempts. Your entire argument stems from Danny making just under 3 shots be per game instead of just under 4. Danny would be shooting his career average if he just made 3.2 shots per game. So in a 30 game sample size, his first couple of weeks of struggling could easily explain this 36% average.
    Your argument is based on him making imaginary shots, and blaming Lance Stephenson for not gifting him an easy shot. Granger has never been a high efficiency shooter, even at his best. Regardless, it's about what skills he brings to the table, which right now isn't much.

It's not just that he's shooting poorly, Danny's entire game has taken a hit. He wasn't doing much else on the floor besides missing long range shots. He wasn't moving well without the ball, he wasn't getting to the line, he wasn't defending well on the perimeter, he wasn't running the floor, he wasn't crashing the glass or creating for teammates, and worst of all he wasn't playing with any energy. Only so much can be blamed on the injury.

You claim Turner is inefficient and that is true, but he's PRODUCTIVE, which is what always gets lost in the efficiency debate. Danny wasn't productive or efficient enough. We don't necessarily need efficiency, we need someone who can be productive, and Turner is much better in many areas than Danny ever has been. Danny has never been a good passer or ball handler, and that is what Turner is good at.

Being able to take the ball to the rim and finish is one of the hardest things to do in a high level basketball game. A lot of guys can shoot. Turner can do that, and whether or not he shoots a high percentage, that is valuable, and something Granger has never been really good at, even before the knee issue.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Taterhead For This Useful Post:

Another thing I want to add....The Pacers gave Danny as much time as they could, literally right up to the deadline. I agree, Larry WANTED Danny to be a part of this run. He respects the game and the fans too much to just be ruthless with a guy like Danny.

But he wasn't improving, he wasn't making strides, IMO. I think Larry was hoping to see some signs of life.

And I also think Lavoy Allen is being slept on, cause he can play. It makes me feel great to know he could step in if something happens to Scola. He's got a really nice 15-18 foot jumper and could learn a lot from West and Scola. Don't be surprised if he's the guy that takes over for West in a few years.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Taterhead For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I originally thought Granger could make a come back and be at 75-85% of what he was and that would have been pretty darn good. Now, after 25+ games I thought he was regressing rather than getting better. Danny had plenty of rehab time, practiced in training camp, played in the preseason, hurt his calf, then had plenty of time to get ready, more practice time. Really, besides a few games he never gave us much.

A miracle could happen and he regains form, but not likely, especially this season and next season is irrelevant.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

As my ill timed look at Danny's stats showed in the Granger thread, Danny struggled a lot in back-to-backs and on the road, but was usually pretty decent at home. Not up to par, but much better. His 3P% at home was 38%. His 3P% with one day of rest was over 40%. This suggests that Danny's biggest struggle with his shooting (not finishing around the rim) was conditioning, and adjusting to the grueling NBA schedule. His struggles really didn't start until the west coast road trip. Prior to that point he was shooting well outside of a couple games which were bringing down his averages. In February in 6 home games he shot 50% or better 3 times, and 44%+ 4 times. He had a couple duds dropping his overall average to 40.4%. In those same 6 home games he shot 47% from 3. Also in February on the road he shot 23.8%, only made 1 3.

Danny's inability to shoot from 3 more than anything is just a matter of him getting re-adjusted to the NBA schedule, and most likely would not have been a problem at all in the playoffs. His inability to score around the rim is tougher to pin down the cause. May be he just doesn't have the lift anymore and never will, could be he is just needing to get the strength back in his legs, or it could also just be a re-adjusting thing. It is hard to say at this point, but we should know if it is option 3 by the end of the season. The other two we will know next season. Either way at this point in time it is too early to say he is done or a shell of his former self. It takes a special kind of talent to be able to come back from what Granger is coming back from for as long as he was out, and perform consistently. As good as Granger has been, he has never been that good. It has been slower than expected, but not out of the ordinary.

Honestly, I don't think this trade happens if Larry thought we would be able to easily re-sign Lance in the offseason. I know most people see this as a trade about this season, but I don't. I think this trade is all about next season, and Larry thinking Turner is a better back-up plan moving forward.
    Last edited by Eleazar; 02-22-2014 at 01:21 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    right before Christmas, huh?
    Not that it is really any of your business but he was kept on payroll through January.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

Vogel on Turners reaction; “He's thrilled,” Vogel said, breaking into a smile. “He's on Cloud 9. He knew there was a possibility he could be leaving Philadelphia, but to land here, a place where players want to play now, and compete what we're competing for, he's ecstatic.”

George and Turners relationship George also is friends with Turner. They became acquainted during the pre-draft process in 2010, when Turner was the second player selected and George the 10th.

“We're great friends,” George said. “We talked yesterday and he's excited to be here.

“Evan is a big-time player and a player that plays well in big-time games.”
    Goodbye Captain, My Captain. I wish you had the chance to sink or swim with your ship on its quest for the "ship".

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

How long does it take for a guy to get in shape to play 20 minutes 3-4 times a week though? He had 3 months to get in shape. He's an older guy and I think he's lost a step, plus I felt he was having trouble adjusting to his new role more than getting in shape, he looked like a guy who was lost most of the time. He missed a lot of time and it's been awhile since we have seen the Granger we used to know, so it's tough to compare him to his former self. I only saw a couple of games I felt like he looked like a valuable piece. I understand the sentiment for him, I had them myself despite not being his biggest fan, it would of been so cool to see him hoist that trophy with us. I liked him much more in his new role, I actually thought he was perfect for it. But he didn't look like the aggressive Danny Granger who played with confidence on offense. He looked timid, like he was trying to find his way, and it wasn't getting much better.

You can't take the chance with that deal on the table.

No I wanted Lance to set up Danny, Thats what Lance is supposed to be good at, making everyone else better. Lance was supposed to run the offense in the 2nd unit. Thats not what he has been doing. THats just the truth right there and everyone on this board knows it. Lance's recent infatuation with his own play has also led to the team struggling to anything offense. So I'm well aware of Lance's overall contribution to the record.
    You are dead on with this. Lance making himself the # 1 option with the second unit has proven to be a net negative for the team. He wouldn't pass the ball to Danny but really he isn't going to make anyone with the second unit the # option while he's on the floor. Granger easily could have averaged more for us if we used him right. We'll see in the coming games if it's the player or the system because I doubt if Turner gives us anymore unless Vogel changes the rotation to bringing GH in with the second unit like he should have 2 months ago.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    You are dead on with this. Lance making himself the # 1 option with the second unit has proven to be a net negative for the team. He wouldn't pass the ball to Danny but really he isn't going to make anyone with the second unit the # option while he's on the floor. Granger easily could have averaged more for us if we used him right. We'll see in the coming games if it's the player or the system because I doubt if Turner gives us anymore unless Vogel changes the rotation to bringing GH in with the second unit like he should have 2 months ago.
    I really thought at the time it was about giving lance enough opportunities to make the all start team. However he's continued that style of play, lance is out there to get his stats up and get as big of a contract as he can. I don't blame him for that one bit.

Our coach needs to do a better job of reeling him in to play how he was playing at the beginning of the season. I hope lance can make the adjustment as I love what lance brings but I know realistically he is playing to win but he's playing for a big payday as well.

getting turner is great but our weakness still remain in the carelessness and 1-1 ball the starting unit has been playing.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    How long does it take for a guy to get in shape to play 20 minutes 3-4 times a week though? He had 3 months to get in shape..
    We aren't talking about getting in shape. Danny is in shape. We are talking about getting used to the intensity of an NBA schedule. The NBA schedule is exactly why there is something called "The Rookie Wall". When you have been on the sidelines for as long as Granger has, it can be difficult to get back in the groove. It can take a whole season for some. You can believe that he should be back to where he was almost 2 years ago, but that isn't reality. Granger is still well within a normal adjustment period. The second year after coming back from a major injury is usually the best indicator of how well the player has recovered, not the first season.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    I really thought at the time it was about giving lance enough opportunities to make the all start team. However he's continued that style of play, lance is out there to get his stats up and get as big of a contract as he can. I don't blame him for that one bit.

Our coach needs to do a better job of reeling him in to play how he was playing at the beginning of the season. I hope lance can make the adjustment as I love what lance brings but I know realistically he is playing to win but he's playing for a big payday as well.

getting turner is great but our weakness still remain in the carelessness and 1-1 ball the starting unit has been playing.

Lance can easily in this league average 20+ PPG. I hope as a condition of his new deal, he works with a jump-shot coach over the Summer. Lance needs to come back next season with a jumpshot as automatic or better than Paul's has become. Lance has the handle to create space from a defender and create his own shot ALWAYS. But instead of all the dancing and wasting energy on trying to get to the rim, he'd be so much more effective if he developed a HIGHLY CONSISTENT mid range jumper. Similar to D. Wade's. Can you imagine with his speed and strength pushing the ball on the break, and just pulling up and nailing a consistent 14 to 15 foot jumper? He'd be kind of like D. Rose in a way. NO ONE COULD STOP HIM. I pray that's the next step in his player evolution.

That would give us two players averaging 20PPG on the team. I think Hibbert should develop a jumper as well. Off pick and pop situations. Maybe they can get Scola to do that with him over the Summer? Roy is so tall...if he could develop a 13 to 14 foot face up jumper he'd be lethal! Also this would stop Larry's shot clock critiques. If Roy and Lance had consistent mid-range jumpers, it would be earlier shot-clock offense. No more last second desperation shots.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    We aren't talking about getting in shape. Danny is in shape. We are talking about getting used to the intensity of an NBA schedule. The NBA schedule is exactly why there is something called "The Rookie Wall". When you have been on the sidelines for as long as Granger has, it can be difficult to get back in the groove. It can take a whole season for some. You can believe that he should be back to where he was almost 2 years ago, but that isn't reality. Granger is still well within a normal adjustment period. The second year after coming back from a major injury is usually the best indicator of how well the player has recovered, not the first season.
    Idk, 3 months seems like enough time to at least show progress. I never expected him to return to the old Danny, I knew he wouldn't, just put together consistent solid play and show he could become a very good 6th man.

Even if you're right, that won't necessarily help us this year, which is what we needed from him. He wasn't gonna be here next year, whether we moved him or not.

Maybe his knee is never gonna feel right again? Who knows? Can we afford to just hope he regains form? I don't think we can.

I'm struggling to understand how ET being inefficient on a garbage team is more damning than DG being inefficient on this very good Pacers team. Especially considering the respective differences in pace that the two teams play, and that DG was playing against bench players while ET was playing against starters.

I'm also struggling to understand why it is such a problem that ET won't be bringing 3 point shooting to the bench when our bench hasn't had good 3 point shooting all year. If he brings his mid range game, which I expect him to, then our bench should be much improved. We looked unstoppable when we had a bench player (Scola) hitting mid range shots early in the year.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Lurkster For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    I get the love Larry is getting on this because he said yes but he said that he wasn't shopping granger and philly called him with that offer. He was right at the moment at least to take it. But let's not act like he had been working a granger deal with Philly all along and "pulled this trade off" when he himself said philly called him for it. So it sounds like if philly doesn't call in the last half hour. Danny is a pacer still
    As always take what GMs say with a grain of salt. It seems obvious now that the earlier reports of us "testing the market" with Granger are accurate, otherwise how would Philly know to call us with the right sort of offer with just 30 minutes to go? Let's face it, other teams knew Granger was available. But sure, if Philly's other deal hadn't fallen apart (allegedly with CHA), Danny would still be a Pacer. For the remaining half season anyway.

Honestly, I don't think this trade happens if Larry thought we would be able to easily re-sign Lance in the offseason. I know most people see this as a trade about this season, but I don't. I think this trade is all about next season, and Larry thinking Turner is a better back-up plan moving forward.
    I agree with you somewhat. It doesn't seem to me to be a slam dunk that Turner would be better than Granger come playoff time. Turner is still something of a project, a talented guy who hasn't done much in the league. So getting some immediate dividends out of him seems to be questionable to me.

So certainly I think the future factored in. While Turner doesn't have a high chance to be a Pacer next year, I'd guess Granger's chances were nearly zero. So it feels to me that the trade is a way to get something for nothing, a way to "extend the life of an asset" as Ken Berger put it.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Lance can easily in this league average 20+ PPG. I hope as a condition of his new deal, he works with a jump-shot coach over the Summer. Lance needs to come back next season with a jumpshot as automatic or better than Paul's has become. Lance has the handle to create space from a defender and create his own shot ALWAYS. But instead of all the dancing and wasting energy on trying to get to the rim, he'd be so much more effective if he developed a HIGHLY CONSISTENT mid range jumper. Similar to D. Wade's. Can you imagine with his speed and strength pushing the ball on the break, and just pulling up and nailing a consistent 14 to 15 foot jumper? He'd be kind of like D. Rose in a way. NO ONE COULD STOP HIM. I pray that's the next step in his player evolution.

That would give us two players averaging 20PPG on the team. I think Hibbert should develop a jumper as well. Off pick and pop situations. Maybe they can get Scola to do that with him over the Summer? Roy is so tall...if he could develop a 13 to 14 foot face up jumper he'd be lethal! Also this would stop Larry's shot clock critiques. If Roy and Lance had consistent mid-range jumpers, it would be earlier shot-clock offense. No more last second desperation shots.
    Expecting Lance to shoot like Paul is both unrealistic and unfair. PG is a natural shooter, he shot about 45 percent from 3 as a freshman in college, he just needed a year to adjust to the longer 3 point line, but his shooting ability is natural talent. You can improve your shot ( in fact Lance has tremendously) but you dont go from a bad 3 point shooter to Paul Georgeesque 38 percent despite taking 6+ per game, many of which are off the dribble, above the break or with a hand in his face. That's pretty much impossible. Best you can hope for is becoming a legitimate threat if left wide open ala kidd, but even that is only a set shot and happened after years and years.

Also I don't know what Hibbert you watch, but he is pretty much as accurate on open mid range jumpers as he is at contested layups, which is a compliment to his jumper and a sad shot at his bunny shot making chops.

We don't need 2 players averaging 20 ppg. Other than OKC none of the other contenders do, not Miami, not SAS (zero) not houston, not LAC, POR the Darkhorse does have 2, The world beating kings, on the other hand have 3, and the GOAT Pacers team led by the twoheaded monster MDJ and 3rd year Danny Granger had 2, as did the Beastly ellis jennings swagtastic Bucks from last year,but seriously, most current contending teams have 1 and a balanced attack around their main scorer. Looking back at the past decade SAS' s 3 titles had only Duncan scoring 20 barely 20 2/3 (20.0, 20.7 and 23.3) Detroit's one had zero, Boston's one had zero, Dallas' s one had just Dirk, LA's two had just Kobe... Only if you look towards Miami's method of titles would suggest needing multiple high volume (20+) scorers simultaneously as a key ingredient to winning a title going back 10 years. Even HOF sidekick Pippen only hit 20 ppg along with Michael during 2 title runs.

Our scoring distribution isn't our problem offensively. Part of it is philosophy, we play grind it out possession ball, which limits offensive possessions for the other team, maximizing defense, part of it is simply focusing on our defense (the element that makes us title contenders) so much that we lack energy on offense occassionally leading to "lazy shots", part of it lacking one guy that handles the ball more than everyone else and makes the individual decision to shoot or give it to someone in scoring position (ala CP3 LBJ and KD3, paul is a great player but he isn't a point forward yet, maybe if he works on his passing this offseason the way he worked on his handles and isolation game last one he will be) meaning we make multiple passes relative to teams with a singular ball dominant passing/assist stars before getting in to a potential scoring position, leading to higher than optimal turnovers. Basically it's really hard to be very good on offense and defense, and even harder to be dominant on one end and really good on the other as well. Can our offense improve? Certainly. Will our offense be more than decent to good without sacrificing at least a bit about what makes us great(defense). Almost certainly not.

Look at PG as an individual example, now that he's rested he looks unstoppable scoring the ball again just like the first 2.5 months, yet after stretches of 5 games in 7 or 4 in 5 nights he's visibly fatigued and his shot goes flat as well as looking indecisive, appearing to lack bounce and energy. This is a symptom of trying to go all out on offense and defense every night, while doing both at an elite level. Luckily we should breeze through the first and possibly second round in the East and there are no back2backs in the playoffs, so I'm nit worried that Paul won't be in superstar form on both ends come may and hopefully june.

There is a reason guys like LBJ, Kobe, Dwade etc... coast a bit on defense during the year despite possessing great defensive acumen, or why guys like Harden, Durant, and Carmelo flat neglect it more than they should to maintain their elite offense all year long. It's exhausting, moreso when applied to teams as a whole who aren't comprised entirely of athletic specimens relative to their peers.

20 ppg is sexy for fantasy basketball, but it means little in the context of needing it, especially more than one per team, in terms of winning the big trophy.
    Last edited by daschysta; 02-22-2014 at 05:45 AM.
    Goodbye Captain, My Captain. I wish you had the chance to sink or swim with your ship on its quest for the "ship".

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Bball Insiders (formerly Hoopshype) says the 2015 second rounder we sent is the Golden State pick from the Rush/Amundson swap

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Imagine if Danny hit 6 of 5 shots. That would make about as much sense.

I think the Granger fanboys need to take a step back and look at the big picture. Whatever Granger meant to this franchise...and whatever excuses people have for his play...is not going to matter in the series with Miami. What will matter is if we have a good backup wing to deal with Wade and maybe LeBron. Someone better than OJ. Someone better than the ghost of Danny Granger which is all that we have seen this year...and all we would have seen.

It's time to turn the page. It's official. Granger is done here in Indy and Vnzla has to be partying tonight...
    I had to take a day off from this board to digest this trade and respond like a berzerker on some posts. I can say that I understand the rational behind the trade and I hope it pays off. What I disagree on is people saying Danny was never going to be even decent anymore. The sort of injury he sustained takes a LOT of time to recover from. Not only to be able to play again, but also a lot of time after that when you have started playing again. That's what we saw with Danny. I'm really sad to see him go and I think he got a very raw farewell in that sense. Yes, it's a business, but people aren't robots and, yeah, he got handsomely paid, but that doesn't make him less of a human.

Either way, I wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up. I just hope he won't be on the opposing team in the Conference finals or the finals. Time will tell. I think he will be better next season and we couldn't waite for that, unfortunately.

Best of luck, Danny. Thanks for being a beacon of light in some very depressing years, thanks for being a leader and an example on and off the court. You won't be forgotten .
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    Idk, 3 months seems like enough time to at least show progress. I never expected him to return to the old Danny, I knew he wouldn't, just put together consistent solid play and show he could become a very good 6th man.

Even if you're right, that won't necessarily help us this year, which is what we needed from him. He wasn't gonna be here next year, whether we moved him or not.

Maybe his knee is never gonna feel right again? Who knows? Can we afford to just hope he regains form? I don't think we can.
    Except it wasn't even near three months since he first returned ;-).

Eleazer is correct. These sort of injuries in the NBA usually take players a lot longer to get back into some sort of good form with consistency. Bird apparently was worried about that aswell as Lance getting some moronic offer from another franchise in the summer, so he got a player to go to plan B if plan A with Lance falls apart.

That's the way I see it. No need to blame Danny though, he was still in the middle of trying to get back from a very harsh injury, which takes a lot of time. And he got a raw deal, unfortunately, after all he's done for this franchise. No need for "but's" IMHO, because that's just how it is. And I guess that's just how life is sometimes and everyone has to recover and move on and see where we are at now.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    will or can the Pacers re-sign him
    Spoke to Monteith and this is what he had to say.

Btw I'm not sure how to crop the tweet into the post. If someone can or show me how to I'd appreciate it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Romsey31; 02-22-2014 at 06:42 AM.
    Impossible Is Nothing

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Romsey31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Romsey31 View Post
    Spoke to Monteith and this is what he had to say.

Btw I'm not sure how to crop the tweet into the post. If someone can or show me how to I'd appreciate it
    if you guys mean if he's bought out, not until July 1st, the paper start of the next season. if he weren't on the last year of his deal it'd be a full year.

Ridiculous! If Granger makes one more shot per game he is averaging 49%. Your numbers are meaningless. Man if only Lance would manage to get Danny on a back door cut every game, all our problems would have been solved.
    If Granger actually found more back-door cut opportunities............ You can't just go around pinning this on Lance. Granger was recovering from an inury and he didn't play all that well. that's all.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Gold For This Useful Post:

As my ill timed look at Danny's stats showed in the Granger thread, Danny struggled a lot in back-to-backs and on the road, but was usually pretty decent at home. Not up to par, but much better. His 3P% at home was 38%. His 3P% with one day of rest was over 40%. This suggests that Danny's biggest struggle with his shooting (not finishing around the rim) was conditioning, and adjusting to the grueling NBA schedule. His struggles really didn't start until the west coast road trip. Prior to that point he was shooting well outside of a couple games which were bringing down his averages. In February in 6 home games he shot 50% or better 3 times, and 44%+ 4 times. He had a couple duds dropping his overall average to 40.4%. In those same 6 home games he shot 47% from 3. Also in February on the road he shot 23.8%, only made 1 3.

Danny's inability to shoot from 3 more than anything is just a matter of him getting re-adjusted to the NBA schedule, and most likely would not have been a problem at all in the playoffs. His inability to score around the rim is tougher to pin down the cause. May be he just doesn't have the lift anymore and never will, could be he is just needing to get the strength back in his legs, or it could also just be a re-adjusting thing. It is hard to say at this point, but we should know if it is option 3 by the end of the season. The other two we will know next season. Either way at this point in time it is too early to say he is done or a shell of his former self. It takes a special kind of talent to be able to come back from what Granger is coming back from for as long as he was out, and perform consistently. As good as Granger has been, he has never been that good. It has been slower than expected, but not out of the ordinary.

This trade is about winning it all this year AND about having a player available if Lance can't be re-signed.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

I, for personal reasons, haven't been as involved in the 2013-14 season at PD as in the past, so seeing Granger traded after not having been on PD for a couple of days has put me behind. I read the 1st 300 posts and have read the last 100 posts. I've never seen anything directed towards the idea of the possibility that the FO knew more about Granger's injury than has been reported thus decided when this deal came along to take it. That they didn't feel Granger was going to improve between now and the playoffs in order to give them what they felt they needed off the bench. It's ALL in now, and they felt Granger couldn't give them what they needed down the stretch.

The emotions are high on Granger being traded. It isn't affecting me like it has others. Due to Granger's absence the last 2 years, I've disconnected from Granger more than many of you have. As I watched Granger play this year, it did nothing for me. It's like the family dog getting up in age and losing it's ability to do all the things that made it the GREAT dog it once was. Like Bird, I saw what was happening, so we now have a new family member to give what the old dog use to be able to give while the old one lives out it's life comfortably. Just wanted to be covered when the inevitable passing away of a great family member comes. To some, it might be cold hearted, but to me it's just helping ease the future loss whenever it comes. It's just a matter of covering ones bases as I see Bird doing the samething trading Granger. For me, it's what's best for the family, where with Bird it's what is best for the team. BB is a business, players know it. Loyalties only go so far on each side!

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

No reason to be emotionally attached to NBA players. Have emotion for the team you root for, not the players. Players come and go. Be proud to be an Indiana Pacer fan
    David "And One" West

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Is ET playing tonight? I'm really excited to see the new look bench
    David "And One" West