Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Granger traded to Philly

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How good is this Allen guy. Never really saw him play. Athletic 4?
    I'm really not sure. I've only seen him play a handful of times and just seems to be a big guy who can hold his own. I doubt he makes the rotation, but he's good insurance in case of an injury. I want to say he's in Ian Mahinmi's class as a player in the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 49s

Orlando is working on a contract buyout with forward Glen Davis, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Think we just found Miami's target for that roster spot?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post

Orlando is working on a contract buyout with forward Glen Davis, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Possibly. Miami has an open roster spot. They weren't players at the deadline, but I would bet they are waiting to sift through all these post-deadline buyout players and cherry pick which one they want.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I was actually hoping that Granger recovered well enough to be a factor in the playoffs in terms of his perimeter shooting. So, I'm a bit skeptical that this move helps us. Turner can score and he has to be better guarding wings, but he has no perimeter game and we are hurting there IMO.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

not saying Granger is a stud defensively but he wasn't a slouch most recent memory is when David West had a moment of when keeping it real goes wrong and got ejected Clippers thought that blake was going to score 60 that night...in walks danny granger two attempts at iso on granger against blake resulted in two balls being poked away out of bounds and a very PO'ed doc rivers who saw their one chance at putting any sort of pressure on us go bye bye

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I can say one thing with realtive certainty: There is not a happier human being on Earth right now than vnzla. Turner was his dude since before that draft and we all know his stance on Danny.
    Maybe Croz24?

I was actually hoping that Granger recovered well enough to be a factor in the playoffs in terms of his perimeter shooting. So, I'm a bit skeptical that this move helps us. Turner can score and he has to be better guarding wings, but he has no perimeter game and we are hurting there IMO.
    Yeah, we really needed a shooter more than a guy like Turner, but for what we gave up, it's hard to nitpick too much. Our second unit is going to be really tight on spacing once Bynum comes back (hell, even before then--it's not like Ian is much of a mid-range threat). A Watson/Lance/Turner/Scola/Bynum lineup has guys who can score, but no dead eye shooters (I don't have a high opinion of CJ Watson at the moment). I love Scola, but it really might make more sense to throw Copeland into that second unit for spacing. Lance and The Villain can get open shots for him, and him camping around the three point line keeps the lane a little clearer for Lance/Turner to penetrate.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I like getting Allen as a throw in a lot. Not a big athlete. But solid rebounder and decent mid range game. He's an option if Scola can't get out of his funk
    I wouldn't mind if we rest Scola some to give his hurt shooting elbow a chance to recover.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Sports Logo

How good is this Allen guy. Never really saw him play. Athletic 4?
    He can play. He was the #50 pick in the '11 Draft. He played at Temple for 4 years at the collegiate level. He is 6'9 with a good wingspan.

He had some very good games against the Celtics in the 11-12 ECSF. He averaged 8.5 PPG and 6.5 RPG in 25.7 MPG in the first 4 games of the series but then his time got diminished (I don't remember why).

He is a good rebounder and as far as I can recall he is a good defender as well. Offensively, he could pass at the collegiate level but that hasn't translate in his NBA numbers yet. He has some decent offensive skills although nothing spectacular. His athleticism is better than Scola's but he's not an athletic freak either.

He is one of the players that I like. Of course, I like a lot of bench bigs so that doesn't say a lot. I definitely like the fact that he is part of the deal, though. It will be fun rooting for him
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Possibly. Miami has an open roster spot. They weren't players at the deadline, but I would bet they are waiting to sift through all these post-deadline buyout players and cherry pick which one they want.

We should try for Big Baby. Cut Scola, get Big Baby. Big Baby is irritating to play against for most teams. He'd also serve up some nasty fouls to LeBron and Wade.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Apologies if anyone mentioned this as I don't have time to sift through every page of the thread. Mike Wells was on JMV this afternoon and mentioned that CJ's twitter was reporting that OJ had been cut. Said he wasn't a bit surprised it was OJ because his Pacers sources had told him that OJ was too "me first" for the Pacers taste. He gave a few examples but I found it interesting he had sources that would say that.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    We should try for Big Baby. Cut Scola, get Big Baby. Big Baby is irritating to play against for most teams. He'd also serve up some nasty fouls to LeBron and Wade.
    No. We absolutely should not.

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

No. We absolutely should not.
    He put up good numbers against us in the playoffs a few years back. I know you probably don't like him personally, but the guy is good for an undersized PF/C.

Turner and Stephenson have a lot of similarities. I think the Pacers just want that kind of player on the floor at all times.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    But Danny does know ALL of our offensive and defensive plays... /smh
    So do Miami's scouts. Heck, so do most of Miami's players.

It's not like our offense or our defense are some big secret.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Yeah, we really needed a shooter more than a guy like Turner, but for what we gave up, it's hard to nitpick too much.
    We do have a shooter, though. Copeland can shoot and so does Butler. We could make some room for one of the two and have some consistent shooting in our second unit.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

He put up good numbers against us in the playoffs a few years back. I know you probably don't like him personally, but the guy is good for an undersized PF/C.
    I don't know him personally, I just know Scola, struggling as he may be, is a better player.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post

That would make a lot of sense. He's much more likely to defend Roy than Oden is.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    We do have a shooter, though. Copeland can shoot and so does Butler. We could make some room for one of the two and have some consistent shooting in our second unit.
    Yeah I mentioned that further down in that same post you quoted that sentence from. It might make more sense to play Copeland with that second unit.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    That would make a lot of sense. He's much more likely to defend Roy than Oden is.
    I doubt it. If they sign Big Baby, that means Birdman or Oden don't play. Big Baby is a PF. So he plays with Birdman, or Oden plays with Birdman. Can't have all 3 out there. I could see us cutting Lavoy Allen and adding Big Baby. But I think Big Baby would fit best with the Clippers or OKC.

I doubt it. If they sign Big Baby, that means Birdman or Oden don't play. Big Baby is a PF. So he plays with Birdman, or Oden plays with Birdman. Can't have all 3 out there. I could see us cutting Lavoy Allen and adding Big Baby. But I think Big Baby would fit best with the Clippers or OKC.
    Good call.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Just curious Grimp, what is your opinion the Granger for Turner and Allen deal?

Yeah I mentioned that further down in that same post you quoted that sentence from. It might make more sense to play Copeland with that second unit.

I could see our bench being........

Allen
    Cope
    Bynum
    Turner
    Watson

Copeland is a small forward. Some people say stretch 4 but he's 6'8 235. To be a PF you have to at least be 6'9 in most cases. Or possess a massive girth or upper body like Big Baby Davis. Copeland isn't thick, or super bulky in the upper body.

Turner is a much better replacement for Lance than Granger, if we can not re-sign Lance. I hope we can though. There is 0% chance we can keep all 5 starters and Turner, correct?

It sucks we won't be able to keep Lance and ET, but I'm glad we'll get one of them (hopefully Lance)
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!