Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1359

Thread: Granger traded to Philly

Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had to of been more, Haslem for Turner doesn't work money wise
    They never went in depth on what the full package was. But Haslem was part of what Philly wanted. Also never revealed "who" wanted "who". Did Miami call them, or did they call Miami? Either way, glad WE got Evan.

Bird plays Chess while everyone else plays Checkers.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerfan For This Useful Post:

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post

Called that one. I really do think it's the best fit for Danny to get major minutes on a contender. With the PG's they have and the way they play I can see Danny's #'s going way up. I also think he'll improve a great deal as the season goes on. I wish him the best, if it's not us this year I hope it's the Clippers now.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well the only thing is that the Danny Granger appreciation game won't be until next season now. If he had joined Spurs, Bulls, or Heat there would've been a game but oh well, thems the brakes.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Love Granger, but i'm at odds with this team. Chris Paul has always been overrated in my opinion just like Blake Griffin. Never been a fan of their games. Would hate to see those guys get a title. If they do I'm hoping Danny is the guy who pushes them over the top. Of course not against us.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

With picking up Big Baby and Danny the Clippers are loaded on the bench now for a playoff run. Doc has a lot to work with and I'd expect them to go far. We'd have a tough matchup if we meet them in the finals. Davis has always given Hibbert a hard time.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Blake has really improved this year, I was before hoping for a Love/Griffin trade as I thought it would help both teams, but not anymore. I still think DeAndre Jordan's inability to be in games at the end really really hurts them. Blake has upped his FT shooting to a respectable level now.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Blake has really improved this year, I was before hoping for a Love/Griffin trade as I thought it would help both teams, but not anymore. I still think DeAndre Jordan's inability to be in games at the end really really hurts them. Blake has upped his FT shooting to a respectable level now.
    I couldn't stand Blake early on in his career, but I've really warmed up to him lately. You can tell he's worked a ton on his post game. He's using the glass much more often, he has developed counter-moves, and now he's finishing with either hand around the rim. He's also purged the flopping act. Just a lot more enjoyable to watch and root for.

The Clips should be able to offer Danny playing time immediately, considering their injuries and lack of depth on the wings. I'm sure Danny will love playing with a point guard like CP3, a rim protector like DJ and a young stud like Blake. Doc's also one of the best coaches in the business. I wish Danny all the best in LA.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post

I can't trust the source…..one GM said that Granger's done.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    Called that one. I really do think it's the best fit for Danny to get major minutes on a contender. With the PG's they have and the way they play I can see Danny's #'s going way up. I also think he'll improve a great deal as the season goes on. I wish him the best, if it's not us this year I hope it's the Clippers now.

I don't see him getting major minutes...at most, the same # of minutes as he got here. He's basically splitting minutes with Matt Barnes and Jared Dudley in the SG/SF rotation until Reddick and JCraw return.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Give OKC hell, Danny!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Really sorry about Danny.

He won't give LAC much.

Very happy for Danny, should get some meaningful minutes there.
    Fire up that tank and drive it to the lottery then to the draft

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Clippers don't have the best track record when it comes to signing broken down vets. This is the team that signed a fat Lamar Odom, a fat Stephen Jackson, and flirted with signing Odom again after he wasn't too far removed from burning rocks. This seems like a team that gets fooled by the name on the back of the jersey.

I'm happy for Danny, and I'm happy for myself as a fan. I really didn't want to see him with an Eastern Conference team and he's on at least a quasi-contender out West. Hopefully he regains some of his form. Best of luck to you Danny.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I don't see him getting major minutes...at most, the same # of minutes as he got here. He's basically splitting minutes with Matt Barnes and Jared Dudley in the SG/SF rotation until Reddick and JCraw return.
    Guaranteed playing time was most likely part of the deal or at least it was reported that Granger was asking for this. Granger should outplay Barnes and Dudley right away and I wouldn't be surprised if he starts within a few games. Reddick and Crawford won't be playing much at the 3 so I think Granger will get as many minutes as he can handle.

Sports Logo

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/danny-granger-picks-clippers/story?id=22712678

Home> Sports

Danny Granger picks Clippers
    February 28, 2014
    RAMONA SHELBURNE via ESPN

Ron Hoskins/Getty Images

Former All-Star forward Danny Granger has decided to sign with the Los Angeles Clippers, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
    The San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets, Miami Heat and Dallas Mavericks all made a run at Granger, but ultimately he chose the Clippers late Thursday night because they offered him the best opportunity to play meaningful minutes for a contender.

Granger is expected to clear waivers at 5 p.m. ET Friday. He was officially waived Wednesday after completing a contract buyout with the Philadelphia 76ers. The Sixers had acquired him from the Indiana Pacers just before the trade deadline for Evan Turner and Lavoy Allen.
    If no team claims Granger, 30, he can sign with the Clippers. Granger already was in Los Angeles on Thursday and worked out at a local gym, according to a source.

Granger hopes to play Saturday when the Clippers host the Pelicans, a source said.

By signing with the Clippers, he will become the second veteran player coach and senior vice president of player personnel Doc Rivers has recruited to the team in a week. Last week Rivers outrecruited several other teams to sign forward Glen Davis, after he was bought out by the Orlando Magic. Davis played for Rivers in Boston, where they won the 2008 NBA championship and lost in the 2010 Finals.

The Clippers traded Byron Mullens and Antawn Jamison last week to create roster spots to pursue players such as Granger and Davis, who were likely to be bought out. They also backed out of late trade discussions with the New York Knicks for injured swingman Iman Shumpert and guard Raymond Felton. Both decisions look prescient a week later.

Granger played in 29 games with the Pacers this season as he made his way back from knee and calf injuries. He averaged 8.3 points in 22 minutes a game, but his career average is 17.6 points a game. He was in the final year of a contract that paid him $14 million this year and will be a free agent after the season.

Granger keeps an offseason home in Los Angeles and has been known to train at the Clippers' practice facility in the summer.
    ESPN reported Wednesday that the Clippers had nudged ahead of the Spurs as the favorites to land Granger and that they had stepped up their pursuit at least partly because of growing concern within the organization about the status of guard J.J. Redick, who has missed the past nine games and is out indefinitely with a back injury.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Adding Danny and Big Baby are nice additions for them

Don't have a strong view about the Clippers either way, just glad he didn't chose Miami!

Caron Butler chose OKC. Good to see the Heat come up empty with the 3 big names that were dropped: Granger, Butler, Davis

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:

I'm glad he went to a Western Conference team

Mood

Did anybody else hear Chick McGee on Bob and Tom this morning talking about this? It sounded like he was implying that Danny was "like that uncle that causes trouble and nobody likes, and everyone can't wait until the aunt divorces him so he won't be in the family anymore..."
    I've never seen anybody feel like that about Danny, but he implied Danny was like that at least twice in that little segment.. it was really weird..
    Last edited by CoolHand; 02-28-2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: fixed spelling of "hear" (changed "here" to "hear"

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand View Post
    Did anybody else here Chick McGee on Bob and Tom this morning talking about this? It sounded like he was implying that Danny was "like that uncle that causes trouble and nobody likes, and everyone can't wait until the aunt divorces him so he won't be in the family anymore..."
    I've never seen anybody feel like that about Danny, but he implied Danny was like that at least twice in that little segment.. it was really weird..
    Who is Chick McGee and why does it matter what he/she says? Anyone who has payed attention at all to the Pacers since Danny has been here know that isn't true. Bird said Danny is one of his favorite players, Paul looked up to him as his mentor, and he seemed to have a great relationship with all of the players and coaches. Who is his/her source? Posey? Murphy? Dunleavy? Coach Evil?

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

I highly doubt that Chick has been around this team enough to make that implication. Although, if he was referring to the "Trade Grangerites" over the last few years, I could see his analogy.....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca