Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1359

Thread: Granger traded to Philly

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How have we gone nearly a week without someone bringing up the silver lining in this whole thing?

We NEVER, EVVVVERRRRRRRR have to hear someone pitch a god awful Danny for Eric Gordon trade scenario AGAIN! HALLELUJAH!

BRING ON THE DANCING PRODUCE!
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

How have we gone nearly a week without someone bringing up the silver lining in this whole thing?

We NEVER, EVVVVERRRRRRRR have to hear someone pitch a god awful Danny for Eric Gordon trade scenario AGAIN! HALLELUJAH!

BRING ON THE DANCING PRODUCE!
    how about sign and trade of Turner for Eric Gordon this off season?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    "Sources" also said no other teams wanted him. Taking "sources" as 100% undeniable truth?
    I personally didn't see or hear that. I seen not much interest in Danny, not no interest in Danny. Maybe your source has mislead you.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    I personally didn't see or hear that. I seen not much interest in Danny, not no interest in Danny. Maybe your source has mislead you.
    You didn't see it, but yet you just commented on it? Okay.

Couldn't it be that he (GM Guy) is legit in what he knew and felt about Danny. So he (Sam) merely reported what was told to him.

One man's junk is another man's treasure.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

How is drawing interest from several contenders "not much interest"?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

You didn't see it, but yet you just commented on it? Okay.
    What Sam wrote was " interest not has high as reported." "One GM went as far as to say zero interest." "He's done."

I don't read that as "NO INTEREST" from the entire league, just not as high as reported. Then Sam quoted what one GM stated as he had no interest in him and he's done. That was one GM'S opinion, not Sam's nor mine.

Please forgive me if this wording isnt 100% as I'm at work on my phone, but I believe it is correct.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    how about sign and trade of Turner for Eric Gordon this off season?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    I honestly don't know why some people feel the need to downsize what Granger, who was an Indiana Pacer for 9 seasons, has done for this Franchise in previous seasons aswell as this season? It's like kicking a loyal player, because he's been nothing but a good and loyal citizen throughout his career with us, in his back, while there really is no need for it (atleast IMHO).

Yeah, he wasn't good at all this season, but this season was only two months old for him with regards to games played. We all know he's had a very heavy injury, hence why he missed so much time trying to come back from it, while he didn't miss much time due to injuries previous to it, and it takes a lot of time to come back from that, but suddenly a certain part of the board has decided he's "washed up", "completely broken down" and likely to "retire".

I don't get that. To me he's just a player who is going through the "growing pains" of returning from a hefty injury. That takes a lot of time and the truth is that we didn't have that time to see how good he could become again this season and THAT together with the team getting a player back (Turner) who has some of the same specifics and characteristics in how he plays the game as Lance does and thus providing us with an insurance policy IF Lance bolts this summer is the reason he was dealt. Atleast that's how I see it.

But, that's something else then what he's been labeled by some of our fellow Pacers fans who I don't think have any prove to support the labels that they are giving him.

I dunno just irks me a little bit I guess . Dude has been a quiet, loyal player while giving a lot for this franchise for us for a long time while being a good citizen and a beackon of light in some dark days (hi there JOB!) and then the minute he leaves... I just don't think he deserves that, but that's just my .

Either way, I'm happy to have Turner and Allen and I hope the team will reap the benefits from this trade, while at the sametime I wish Danny all the best in the world with his new team, though I rather not us play him in say the Finals, and I hope he recovers from his injuries. Maybe not 100% pre-injury Danny, but say 95% pre-injury Danny (which would still make him a pretty damn decent player, especially on a deep team).

To sum it all up: and goodluck Danny!
    Welcome to fandom. A lot of fans only care about a player or what they have done for the team while that player wears their team's jersey. Once that player is out of that jersey then they rip him to shreds and downsize how important he is to the team. You saw it when Edge left the Colts and even when Peyton left the Colts. Even before the ink is dry with the paperwork fans were diminishing what they did for their franchise and the same is said for Granger.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    Welcome to fandom. A lot of fans only care about a player or what they have done for the team while that player wears their team's jersey. Once that player is out of that jersey then they rip him to shreds and downsize how important he is to the team. You saw it when Edge left the Colts and even when Peyton left the Colts. Even before the ink is dry with the paperwork fans were diminishing what they did for their franchise and the same is said for Granger.
    I guess I'm just used to "exercising" my fandom differently then . Team always comes first, but once a player who I greatly appreciated is moved I see no need to suddenly not like him or diminish what he's done for the team.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

That trade never really made sense.

Evan Turner for Gordon, on the other hand....
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I mean, Miles isn't really a power forward so the roster was unbalanced anyway.
    We all thought he was a PF last year. I'd have no problem playing him as a PF next to Roy.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

What Sam wrote was " interest not has high as reported." "One GM went as far as to say zero interest." "He's done."

I don't read that as "NO INTEREST" from the entire league, just not as high as reported. Then Sam quoted what one GM stated as he had no interest in him and he's done. That was one GM'S opinion, not Sam's nor mine.

Please forgive me if this wording isnt 100% as I'm at work on my phone, but I believe it is correct.
    Grimp has more credibility with me than Sam Amico. I don't know why he even has a job.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    We all thought he was a PF last year. I'd have no problem playing him as a PF next to Roy.
    I never really considered him a power forward. He's got the mobility, but it's kind of like Ian. He's really an athletic 5.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

1) Larry isn't the only one that has said this in the past, I just used him cause he was the latest to say it and you know, he is Larry Legend.

2) Sorry you have been uninformed.
    As with the rest of your nonsensical posts, it is time to show some sources, quotes that support what you are saying other then the oneliner from Bird without reference of the whole convo, where was it posted by a credible source he stopped rehabbing? where was it said he is lazy? it is time to put an end to this nonsense.
    I unequivocally state you are misrepresenting the truth here on purpose, prove me wrong!
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

The context of the tweet was gauging interest around the league.

#Sixers, Danny Granger completing buyout, but interest not as high as reported. One GM went as far as to say zero interest. “He’s done.”
    What was being reported? The interest he was garnering around the league, not just with one specific team. "He's done" is a pretty definitive statement.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I would have.....the guy has ZERO range out side of the paint area.....the guy is like a more athletic version of Foster....a janitor-type Player that cleans up after everyone else that shoots and misses their shot. But I guess you'd just have Hibbert play the role of West/Scola...be the guy that goes outside of the paint and hit his mid-range jump shot...but I'd think that would be an incorrect use of his skillset.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

I loved what Danny done for us while he was a Pacer, heck even raise his jersey to the rafters if that's what you want, I would have no problem with that, or no problem with anyone who wants to cheer for him as he goes on in his career.

As for me, when you are a Pacer I will be your biggest fan, as soon as you are no longer on the team, you are now the enemy. Period. Whoever stands in the way of my Pacers getting the 'ship now becomes the enemy. I know it is pretty cut throat but this is a cut throat game sometimes.

(I don't agree with what some are saying, but everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I, as always, will respect that.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sports Logo

The context of the tweet was gauging interest around the league.

#Sixers, Danny Granger completing buyout, but interest not as high as reported. One GM went as far as to say zero interest. “He’s done.”
    What was being reported? The interest he was garnering around the league, not just with one specific team. "He's done" is a pretty definitive statement.
    If one wants to be more specific....I can read it in 2 parts:

but interest not as high as reported.
    I read this as more of a "There is SOME interest in signing him ( by some Teams )" but not as "There is NO interest in signing him ( from the remaining 29 Teams".

One GM went as far as to say zero interest. “He’s done.”
    I read this as ONE GM ( and therefore ONE TEAM ) said that "He's done". One GM / Team does not EQUAL ALL GMs / Team.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

The phrase "what's being reported" is the key contextual clue there. What is being reported? The interest Danny is getting league wide, not just with one single team. It's possible that Amico misrepresented the GM's statement, but the tweet was about the NBA as a whole, not just how one team is viewing him.
    Last edited by Since86; 02-27-2014 at 04:48 PM.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Wouldn't that be a sign and trade of Turner and Lance for Gordon?

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    Wouldn't that be a sign and trade of Turner and Lance for Gordon?
    Lance alone has much more value than Gordon right now, I wouldn't swap them straight up even if Lance gets Gordon's contract

So did the Heat really turn down the trade of Turner for Haslem. My goodness that could have been bad for us.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I would have.....the guy has ZERO range out side of the paint area.....the guy is like a more athletic version of Foster....a janitor-type Player that cleans up after everyone else that shoots and misses their shot. But I guess you'd just have Hibbert play the role of West/Scola...be the guy that goes outside of the paint and hit his mid-range jump shot...but I'd think that would be an incorrect use of his skillset.
    Oh, sure. I totally agree, which is why I was on board with the trade. I love Scola's shot... at least when he's not got a gimpy elbow. I was primarily talking about defense.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    So did the Heat really turn down the trade of Turner for Haslem. My goodness that could have been bad for us.
    They feared giving up size. LOL shows how scared they are of us in the ECF. Larry's previous move of adding Bynum might've been what freaked Miami out and away from moving a BIG for a guard/forward. Allowing us to swoop in and grab him. Bird = genius.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Had to of been more, Haslem for Turner doesn't work money wise