Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1359

Thread: Granger traded to Philly

  1. #1251
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Either his sources have no clue, or he made it up. Either way, it's not very good reporting, when you've got some contenders openly vying for his services. When all the other sports writers are saying one thing, and one is saying another, there's an issue.
    Couldn't it be that he (GM Guy) is legit in what he knew and felt about Danny. So he (Sam) merely reported what was told to him.

    One man's junk is another man's treasure.
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 02-27-2014 at 12:21 PM.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  2. #1252
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Couldn't it be that his is legit in what he knew and felt about Danny. So he merely reported what was told to him.

    One man's junk is another man's treasure.
    The very first words of what I said acknowledges it's possible. But if he merely passed along what his source said, he needs to be eliminate that person off his source list. When you're the only dissenting voice in a sea of agreement, there's something going on.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  3. #1253

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One man's junk is another man's treasure.
    That just sounds so wrong ...............

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  5. #1254
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,283

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Here's what the Sixers had to say:

    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...te_buyout.html

    "That's unbelievable. I was going to start him tonight," Sixers coach Brett Brown jokingly said of Granger before Wednesday night's game against the Orlando Magic.

    "We wish him well," he added in a serious voice. "We worked with him. We talked a lot about treating people the way they should be treated respecting his situation, listening to him and still run a business."

    The Sixers acquired Granger and a 2015 second-round pick in exchange for Evan Turner and Lavoy Allen on Feb. 20. Eager to win a title, the ninth-year veteran was disappointed and never wanted to suit up for the Sixers.

    "I would like to express that I have a great deal of respect for Danny Granger as a person," Hinkie said in a statement. "The manner with which he carried himself throughout this process was professional, courteous, and respectful and speaks volumes about his character."
    I'll stand by my earlier interpretation of events. I think the Sixers wanted Granger to play for them, but let him go when he asked for a release. Of course, maybe it's all an elaborate stunt to convince Granger to give up more money in his buyout. Except that they're still below the minimum salary so any money they saved from Granger would just be divided among the Sixer players.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:


  7. #1255
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,315
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    "Of course!" Clippers coach Doc Rivers said when asked if he wanted to sign Granger. "A guy with that talent you want to look at. I don't think it will be up to us. I think it will be up to Danny. I think there will be a lot of teams going after him, and there should be. ... We're going to have our day hopefully to talk."

    Jared Dudley said, "He would help any team, not just us."

    From:
    Drawing power an asset for Clippers
    February, 27, 2014
    Feb 27 PT
    By Arash Markazi
    http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...espnapi_public

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyFavMartin For This Useful Post:


  9. #1256
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,156

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's more a case of people wanting to feel like the Pacers "won" the trade, so they're trying to rationalize it any way they can.
    There is nothing to rationalize, though. From a talent standpoint we obviously won the trade since we got 2 good and young players for 1 good but older one.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  10. #1257

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed, I could understand him being angry at the team, especially immediately after finding out, but only in the same way one might get mad at a friend for going to a movie without them after saying they wanted to go with you.
    You could also view it as your company sending you to a different office or plant where the production is a shambles and replacing you with a younger cheaper version of yourself. You can be as mad as you like, stomp your feet and whine, go do the best job you can for the next location, or quit. Life's is tough, and then you die.

  11. #1258
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's more a case of people wanting to feel like the Pacers "won" the trade, so they're trying to rationalize it any way they can.
    Yep. Same thing we saw with the Scola trade. It's hard for people to believe that both teams could get what they want.

    Even accounting for his current funk, he won us a bunch of games early in the season. I have faith he'll be a key piece for us in the playoffs, and I won't worry about having him on the floor against Miami nearly as much as I would have worried about Miles.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  13. #1259
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,040

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep. Same thing we saw with the Scola trade. It's hard for people to believe that both teams could get what they want.

    Even accounting for his current funk, he won us a bunch of games early in the season. I have faith he'll be a key piece for us in the playoffs, and I won't worry about having him on the floor against Miami nearly as much as I would have worried about Miles.
    I mean, Miles isn't really a power forward so the roster was unbalanced anyway.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  15. #1260
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,410

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is nothing to rationalize, though. From a talent standpoint we obviously won the trade since we got 2 good and young players for 1 good but older one.
    Not everyone feels that way, though.

  16. #1261
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That just sounds so wrong ...............
    It's all in who you ask, I suppose.

  17. #1262
    High Flyers ThA HoyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pasco, wa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is nothing to rationalize, though. From a talent standpoint we obviously won the trade since we got 2 good and young players for 1 good but older one.
    For some people that's not enough, it seems like as soon as they become former players they were terrible players for the franchise.

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:


  19. #1263
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,156

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not everyone feels that way, though.
    The only people who wouldn't feel that way would be people who liked Granger a lot. And those people wouldn't try to disparage Danny now that he's gone.

    No, it's absolutely clear that some people have an agenda against him.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  20. #1264
    Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,779

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was in the building for Danny Granger's first game of this season against the Houston Rockets. Even though he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn he had highlight block on Dwight Howard, a steal, and he played great defense all game. The Rockets bench only scored 18 points and he was a big reason why.

    Wherever he lands they'll be getting a good 3-and-D player (he's shooting 36% from 3 in the month of February) but it makes all the sense in the world for him to go play for the Clippers. Doc has been hunting for more defense all season hence the benching of Jared Dudley in exchange for Matt Barnes. I think Danny could be the answer that they have been looking for at SF all season. Plus he has a home in LA and stays there during the offseason. I also predicted a Pacers vs. Clippers matchup in the Finals before the season started and this would be great subplot to the matchup.
    The only subplot that would matter to me in Pacers v. Clippers would be this one:


  21. The Following User Says Thank You to NapTonius Monk For This Useful Post:


  22. #1265
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,450

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only people who wouldn't feel that way would be people who liked Granger a lot. And those people wouldn't try to disparage Danny now that he's gone.

    No, it's absolutely clear that some people have an agenda against him.
    Oh you can bet the long time Granger Haters feel supremely vindicated that Bird finally traded him. The way they have talked about him in the past week makes it sound like he couldn't start for the Bucs tonight.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  24. #1266
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,763

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A Spurs forum was arguing about Danny and his shooting percentages today. One poster said he would still take Danny in as much as the players he guarded were just shooting 30%. Someone should check that out to see if it's true.

    Another thought or two, if he signs with the spurs he's only about 500 miles from his bat cave. He has a home in LA though.
    But, who was he guarding? Generally NOT the starters??

  25. #1267
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,870

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh you can bet the long time Granger Haters feel supremely vindicated that Bird finally traded him. The way they have talked about him in the past week makes it sound like he couldn't start for the Bucs tonight.
    Well as terrible as Tampa Bay is, I'm not so sure Danny could play football either... Oh wait did you mean the Pittsburgh Pirates? :P

  26. #1268
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh you can bet the long time Granger Haters feel supremely vindicated that Bird finally traded him. The way they have talked about him in the past week makes it sound like he couldn't start for the Bucs tonight.
    I think the true perspective with Granger is he will never get close to where he once was, yet he is only 30 yrs. old. If you say that he isn't lazy in the off season and that he didn't want to stop his rehab conditioning even tho his doctors wanted him to continue, you are not only lying to yourself and to me but to Larry and the Pacers FO. Who is fooling themselves here? truthfully, I'm not hating on Danny and I hope he continues a wonderful career, but I have a lot of doubt in him. The writing is on the wall and I didn't put it up there.

    There is no trade validation either. I would have never thought it was possible to get such a favorable trade to our advantage. I am still and always will be blown away on how we got so lucky on this deal.

    I will always try my best to support our players, but it doesn't mean that the support I give at times is 100% truthful, sometimes I kid myself, you know to stick up for Danny like I have for a long time. He'll get better, his legs are getting stronger his shot will come around, but then he came out and looked really bad in the legs and couldn't hit the side of a barn. So, what did I do, either kept my mouth shut for hopefully that better day for Danny or stay positive once more.

    All this prolly doesn't apply to your post but I believe it does to acouple other post not named graphic-er.

    Also, I'm not mad, i'm in a great mood as always, so while reading this please don't think that some A-hole wrote this.

    It is a sincere response to a respected Danny Granger thread.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  27. #1269
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,818

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the true perspective with Granger is he will never get close to where he once was, yet he is only 30 yrs. old. If you say that he isn't lazy in the off season and that he didn't want to stop his rehab conditioning even tho his doctors wanted him to continue, you are not only lying to yourself and to me but to Larry and the Pacers FO. Who is fooling themselves here?
    1) Larry Bird thinking a player doesn't work hard enough in the offseason DOES NOT EQUAL that player being lazy. It's not an either/or thing. That would pretty much be like saying a player not putting up Michael Jordan prime numbers "sucks".

    2) One unattributed quote from a not-quite-trustworthy source DOES NOT EQUAL Danny stopped his rehab conditioning.

    THEREFORE, to call it "lying to ourselves" to make Danny seem better is really no more likely than that those who want to kick Danny to the curb are "lying to themselves" by believing the extremes.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  29. #1270
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,315
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    I think we all missed the player Danny used to be, but it's been 2+ years and happy to welcome ET aboard to help put us over the top.

  30. #1271
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1) Larry Bird thinking a player doesn't work hard enough in the offseason DOES NOT EQUAL that player being lazy. It's not an either/or thing. That would pretty much be like saying a player not putting up Michael Jordan prime numbers "sucks".

    2) One unattributed quote from a not-quite-trustworthy source DOES NOT EQUAL Danny stopped his rehab conditioning.

    THEREFORE, to call it "lying to ourselves" to make Danny seem better is really no more likely than that those who want to kick Danny to the curb are "lying to themselves" by believing the extremes.
    1) Larry isn't the only one that has said this in the past, I just used him cause he was the latest to say it and you know, he is Larry Legend.

    2) Sorry you have been uninformed.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  31. #1272
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2) Sorry you have been uninformed.
    "Sources" also said no other teams wanted him. Taking "sources" as 100% undeniable truth?
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  33. #1273
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,870

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1) Larry isn't the only one that has said this in the past, I just used him cause he was the latest to say it and you know, he is Larry Legend.

    2) Sorry you have been uninformed.
    Who else said it?

  34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  35. #1274
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,558

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only subplot that would matter to me in Pacers v. Clippers would be this one:

    Foul on Griffin I'm saying. He hit BAMFs forearm with his head intentionally.

  36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  37. #1275
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,430

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    How have we gone nearly a week without someone bringing up the silver lining in this whole thing?

    We NEVER, EVVVVERRRRRRRR have to hear someone pitch a god awful Danny for Eric Gordon trade scenario AGAIN! HALLELUJAH!


    BRING ON THE DANCING PRODUCE!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •