Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1359

Thread: Granger traded to Philly

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

I've got my money on the Thunder. I agree that he would be a fantastic fit in San Antonio, as I would be a Spurs fan pretty quick. I just think the Thunder could use that veteran that can give you a few PF minutes and a handful of non-Durant minutes who can stroke off the bench. I think he would be a great veteran addition to that roster. Especially if they see us in the Finals. Money well spent, even though I know they are tax sensitive. A prorated Granger deal would run them approximately half of a $1,272,279 veteran minimum deal in his ninth year. $636k puts them right at $70M and still under the threshold. That is a younger team and Derek Fisher could use another voice in the locker room as well. I think the way they could spread the floor with Granger opposite Durant, would be difficult to cover. A less protected lane for Westbrook? Yes, please.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:

This article required 2 authors: Ramona Shelburne and Marc Stein.
    Updated: February 26, 2014, 1:14 AM ET

Newly acquired Danny Granger and the Philadelphia 76ers continue to discuss a possible buyout, according to sources close to the process.

Danny Granger continues to weigh his options, including staying with the 76ers for the rest of the season, as the Saturday waiver deadline draws near.

Sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday that a buyout consummated before Saturday's midnight deadline for Granger to be waived and remain eligible to appear in this season's playoffs with any team he subsequently signs for remains the most likely outcome.

But sources also said Granger continues to weigh other options, including staying with the 76ers for the rest of the season, as the deadline draws near.

Sources said Tuesday the San Antonio Spurs and Granger share a mutual interest if the former All-Star comes to a buyout agreement with the Sixers by the weekend.

It's believed the Los Angeles Clippers will be another leading suitor for Granger's services should he become an unrestricted free agent next week.

Yet there are risks for Granger in parting company with the rebuilding Sixers. Granger would forfeit his Larry Bird rights in that case and likewise strip Philadelphia of the ability to sign-and-trade him this summer, both of which could impact his earning power in free agency.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...ontract-buyout
    Last edited by Strummer; 02-26-2014 at 01:34 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

I can't see Bird rights being an issue for Granger since he isn't likely to get more then MLE money anyway. In the end I can't see him signing with any team that doesn't offer him more minutes and shot opportunities then he was getting here. He would never be able to play enough PF minutes at Miami or OKC to get those minutes and there would be next to no minutes at the 3 backing up Lebron or KD. With the injury issues the Spurs have I guess he might be able to get the minutes he wants there but I'd still say the Clippes offer the best combination of a being a contender and offering the most playing time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He just has to be bought out by March 1st. He can sign any time after that.
    I also thought a player has to be on the roster by March 1st to be playoff eligible. There has to be a cut-off date by which he has to sign, in order to be playoff eligible. Anyone know when that might be?
    Last edited by Tom White; 02-26-2014 at 09:33 AM.

Last game of the regular season. If they were cut before March 1st.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    So there are stories like this about guys like Granger, Paul, Hill, West, and Roy when they were in college?
    I honestly can't say for sure, but how many of their bench warming teammates wrote a book and threw them under the bus in the process? There is a reason Titus was so hard on Evan in that book. He was a big name and it created some drum for that book. I had read the story about the practice incident right when the book was released. It was one of the promotional excerpts they used.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I honestly can't say for sure, but how many of their bench warming teammates wrote a book and threw them under the bus in the process? There is a reason Titus was so hard on Evan in that book. He was a big name and it created some drum for that book. I had read the story about the practice incident right when the book was released. It was one of the promotional excerpts they used.

First I hope he's grown up some since that was from when he was in college. The red flag was not that incident with the other player, for me it was the fact that the coach would put those conditions at practice. That meant it was hard to control turner, and turner didn't care that his actions led to the rest of his teammate being punished by his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post

Makes you wonder what Philly's physical revealed on that knee.

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    First I hope he's grown up some since that was from when he was in college. The red flag was not that incident with the other player, for me it was the fact that the coach would put those conditions at practice. That meant it was hard to control turner, and turner didn't care that his actions led to the rest of his teammate being punished by his actions.
    Maybe Thad Matta is also just kind of a dick.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Eh, Sam Amico. As a rule of thumb, take anything he says with a grain of salt.

I still think the Sixers want to hang on to Granger. Otherwise a) why did they have Granger take a physical; and b) buyout negotiations are usually cut-and-dry, if both sides are motivated. Seems to me that the Sixers are asking for a pretty big discount from Danny in exchange for his release.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They should hang onto him.

Granted, they've already go the worst roster in NBA history but adding Danny Granger into the mix can only help.

I'd be pushing to get him onto the court as quickly as possible if I'm Hinkie.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Maybe Thad Matta is also just kind of a dick.
    As a general rule, I think you can just assume every major collegiate coach is a dick to some degree.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Granger will go to wherever the PT is.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

I just don't see many contenders who he would help. Teams usually aren't overly eager to add aging wings who can't shoot or create their own shot.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I just don't see many contenders who he would help. Teams usually aren't overly eager to add aging wings who can't shoot or create their own shot.
    He can shoot. He just couldn't shoot on the second night of a back to back. There are no back to backs in the playoffs.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Eh, Sam Amico. As a rule of thumb, take anything he says with a grain of salt.

I still think the Sixers want to hang on to Granger. Otherwise a) why did they have Granger take a physical; and b) buyout negotiations are usually cut-and-dry, if both sides are motivated. Seems to me that the Sixers are asking for a pretty big discount from Danny in exchange for his release.
    The hold up may also be that Granger's agent is calling around testing interest, seeing if it is worth it for Granger to accept a buyout.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

I don't think I'd go as far as "no interest" in Danny as one of Amico's sources said, but I don't entirely disagree.

I don't think there's really anything he can offer right now. Maybe keep working out and try next season, but most championship contenders don't need an aging player coming off an injury who can't create his own shot and who isn't hitting the open looks he does get.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Speaking of the bench-warming teammate who wrote that book - has anyone else (other players?) confirmed his stories about Turner, or are we just accepting the stories as truth?
    Last edited by Tom White; 02-26-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    He can shoot. He just couldn't shoot on the second night of a back to back. There are no back to backs in the playoffs.
    He shot like 25% on two days rest though too from 3. So it's really hard to say. The sample size is still pretty small.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1/splits/2014/

On 0 days rest (the 2nd night of a back-to-back) he's shot 33.3% from the field.

On 1 day rest he's shot 37.5% from the field.

On 2 days rest he's shot 38.2% from the field.

On 3 or more days rest he's shot 39.1% from the field.

All awful, but they do get marginally better as he gets more time off. So I guess the main takeaway is that, if he can find a way to get on with the contender that only plays 1 game a week in the playoffs, he might have a chance to be a real positive contributor.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

He shot like 25% on two days rest though too from 3. So it's really hard to say. The sample size is still pretty small.
    I think that is only a 4 game sample, where as the one day off is 13 games. The two days off could easily be skewed, although 13 games is a good enough sample size that I think you can say with good authority he would continue to shoot well in such circumstances, even if it was slightly skewed upwards.

On 0 days rest (the 2nd night of a back-to-back) he's shot 33.3% from the field.

All awful, but they do get marginally better as he gets more time off. So I guess the main takeaway is that, if he can find a way to get on with the contender that only plays 1 game a week in the playoffs, he might have a chance to be a real positive contributor.
    Danny never really shot well from close or consistently from mid-range. His 3 point shot though seemed to vary greatly based on situation (home vs away, 1day of rest vs 0, etc).

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Danny washed up, done. Old man legs without a shot and to lazy to work on getting his legs back to where they should be. Makes sense why he was traded.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Danny Granger has over 60 million reasons to just call it a career at this point. You can call that laziness if you want. I call that a hell of a 9 year stretch.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Looking at these splits, its quite interesting imo.

Clearly with a day of rest he was better. The 25% shooting from three with 2 days rest seems odd, but it is a very small sample size. And even with that, the two days rest seem to give his best games, putting up 10.5ppg, 5.3rpg and 1.3apg. His shooting % wasn't good, but his TS% is, and he was getting to the line more those games.

But shooting 41% from three with a day of rest is good. Thats what Danny will be brought in for by some team.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post: