Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
Results 926 to 950 of 1359

Thread: Granger traded to Philly

  1. #926
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not so sure it will. If Bynum can get defensive rebounds and control the paint, make good outlet passes and put Turner/Lance in positions to create in the open court I think he fits in fine. On nights when Lance/Turner can not leak out Bynum will also be there for halfcourt offense.
    Bynum was not a very good offensive player in Cleveland this year. He shot something like 44% from the field. He just wasn't efficient at all. We'll see, but I think you run with this second unit. We know Scola can run, and then you put Lance and Turner out there with a shooter, I really like the idea of Cope getting some minutes and you've got a nice little up tempo second unit.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  2. #927
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,920
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I too would like to see Turner play tonight. That said, if we "need" Turner against Milwaukee we are in trouble.
    No, but we NEED Turner to get some chemistry going with the team. Who better to put in a new player than against the atrocious Bucks?

    Edit: Ironically probably the 76ers but the Bucks are much sooner.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  3. #928
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Turner and Allen were just on a plane to Indy this morning. I would guess they were waiting on DG to take his physical with Philly

    It's the only thing that would make sense to be holding this up

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  5. #929
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,920
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Turner and Allen were just on a plane to Indy this morning. I would guess they were waiting on DG to take his physical with Philly

    It's the only thing that would make sense to be holding this up
    http://img.pandawhale.com/58669-so-y...s-a-c-Sm9B.gif
    Last edited by khaos01207; 02-22-2014 at 12:49 PM.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:


  7. #930
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,795

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 full months? Please, the first month he had minute restrictions, and was still getting into shape. He hit a slump with his jumper just like every other player on the team. I don't think Larry gave him much of a chance, and with Lance being self and ball dominant in the 2nd unit, Granger was forced to completely change his game on the fly. Thats hard to do in 2 months. If the Pacers went on a 15 game winning streak, Granger doesn't get traded. 30 games isn't enough time to rule on a player returning from major injury. Last time PG or Lance averaged 20 minutes a game they didn't look consistent either. Its not like they were running plays for Danny in the 2nd unit.
    You also have to consider when the trade deadline falls. The Pacers did not have the luxury of waiting another month to see if Granger improved. The time was now, plain and simple.

    This move was 100% the result of the team struggling over the past month. Bird wasn't even looking to trade Danny, so you can't say he played so poorly that he got himself traded. Danny's contract was the only real asset that Bird could let go of and Philly knew it.
    Yes, you CAN say he played poorly enough to get traded. Face it. If he had come back with full mobility, and playing very good defense, and shooting 48% from the field, then they would have had little reason to consider the trade. He didn't come back even near to what everyone had hoped, and time was running out. He was giving the team nothing in the way of depth, and depth was one of Bird's focus points from the get-go.

    As far as Bird not looking to trade Granger, perhaps he learned that line from Walsh.

  8. #931
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Woj says Danny taking his physical with Philly this morning

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. #932
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never seen anything directed towards the idea of the possibility that the FO knew more about Granger's injury than has been reported thus decided when this deal came along to take it.
    No reason to think that's the case. He's been playing solid minutes on the knee, and we've seen no relapses. No reason to think he'll have more knee problems in the immediate future.

    Of course, if I went to Philly I might be tempted to acquire some "knee problems" and sit out the season.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  10. #933
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,920
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No reason to think that's the case. He's been playing solid minutes on the knee, and we've seen no relapses. No reason to think he'll have more knee problems in the immediate future.

    Of course, if I went to Philly I might be tempted to acquire some "knee problems" and sit out the season.
    He needs to have a couple good months of ball somewhere to make someone want to sign him, so that wouldn't really benefit him much.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  11. #934
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,459
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, but we NEED Turner to get some chemistry going with the team. Who better to put in a new player than against the atrocious Bucks?

    Edit: Ironically probably the 76ers but the Bucks are much sooner.
    Maybe the atrocious Lakers? It is just one game. I am not losing sleep over it.

  12. #935
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,755

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 full months? Please, the first month he had minute restrictions, and was still getting into shape. He hit a slump with his jumper just like every other player on the team. I don't think Larry gave him much of a chance, and with Lance being self and ball dominant in the 2nd unit, Granger was forced to completely change his game on the fly. Thats hard to do in 2 months. If the Pacers went on a 15 game winning streak, Granger doesn't get traded. 30 games isn't enough time to rule on a player returning from major injury. Last time PG or Lance averaged 20 minutes a game they didn't look consistent either. Its not like they were running plays for Danny in the 2nd unit.

    This move was 100% the result of the team struggling over the past month. Bird wasn't even looking to trade Danny, so you can't say he played so poorly that he got himself traded. Danny's contract was the only real asset that Bird could let go of and Philly knew it.
    Two months is plenty of time to see what a player has in the tank. There was never any improvement with Granger this season, and in fact he looked worse as the grind of the season wore on.

  13. #936
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,920
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe the atrocious Lakers? It is just one game. I am not losing sleep over it.
    Guess I am just a little anxious.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  14. #937
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,544

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you're going to play Lance and Tunrer together, we have to be up tempo during that period of time. Which IMO actually hurts Bynum's standing in the team.
    Agreed, uptempo suits Mahinmi much better.

  15. #938
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    7,188

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Please let Collins know what he's talking about with Bynum and Turner!
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  16. #939
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Turner won't play until Tuesday against the Lakers. They aren't even in Indy yet, probably haven't taken their physicals. Its a big disappointing because a guy like Steve Blake got his *** to Oakland and suited up last night.
    Two organizations have to do the physicals before a player plays after a trade. It wasn't Blake that busted his *** to play that night, it was the two organizations that made the trade and both quickly acted to finalize everything. So, please don't make it sound like the players have control of that situation. Also we are playing the worst team in the league, along with being an organization that never rushes new players in... so what really is the need to rush?
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  18. #940

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's got a very, very nice handle. I didn't realize that. I tend to wonder if he could play PG. His assist numbers are slightly better than George Hill.

    His rebound numbers are also very good. What we have here is another good, well rounded basketball player.

    In one of the 6ers/Pacers game last year, Turner played PG due to Holiday not playing, and had a good game. He's not a PG, but could play it if absolutely necessary. The only reason I remember this game is b/c Turner played well against the Pacers.

  19. #941

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Woj says Danny taking his physical with Philly this morning
    I just hope Granger doesn't fail the physical. Talk about a mess then!

  20. #942

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No reason to think that's the case. He's been playing solid minutes on the knee, and we've seen no relapses. No reason to think he'll have more knee problems in the immediate future.

    Of course, if I went to Philly I might be tempted to acquire some "knee problems" and sit out the season.

    That doesn't mean the team doesn't know or feel there might be a possible problem.

    You mean like how Pau and Boozer did prior to the trade deadline only to start playing the next game after the TD expired. LOL!

  21. #943
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,958
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your argument is based on him making imaginary shots, and blaming Lance Stephenson for not gifting him an easy shot. Granger has never been a high efficiency shooter, even at his best. Regardless, it's about what skills he brings to the table, which right now isn't much.

    It's not just that he's shooting poorly, Danny's entire game has taken a hit. He wasn't doing much else on the floor besides missing long range shots. He wasn't moving well without the ball, he wasn't getting to the line, he wasn't defending well on the perimeter, he wasn't running the floor, he wasn't crashing the glass or creating for teammates, and worst of all he wasn't playing with any energy. Only so much can be blamed on the injury.

    You claim Turner is inefficient and that is true, but he's PRODUCTIVE, which is what always gets lost in the efficiency debate. Danny wasn't productive or efficient enough. We don't necessarily need efficiency, we need someone who can be productive, and Turner is much better in many areas than Danny ever has been. Danny has never been a good passer or ball handler, and that is what Turner is good at.

    Being able to take the ball to the rim and finish is one of the hardest things to do in a high level basketball game. A lot of guys can shoot. Turner can do that, and whether or not he shoots a high percentage, that is valuable, and something Granger has never been really good at, even before the knee issue.
    Not true. I'm diwn with this move but in his prime DG averaged between .57 and .59 True scoring percentage, which is exceptionally efficient for a guy putting up high volume. That measures scoring true, but as far as shooting in particular he averaged over 38 percent from 3 5 times taking more than 3.5 3s per game each year and over 40 percent twice despite taking 5.3 and 6.7 per game. For reference reggie the goat shooter was .395 for his career on 4.7 attempts, mitch Richmond was .388 on 3.5, Dirk averages .383 on 3.5, Michael Redd .380 on 4.5 on Danny is .382 on 5.1 attempts. Granger was an exceptionally efficient shooter on his career and especially in his prime. He had similar efficiency to many other great shooters despite shooting the long ball at an extremely high volume, which tends to make efficiency suffer, if Granger weren't thrust into a position where he had to toss up alot of difficult efficient shots he likely could have shot even more efficiently than his already stellar percentages.

    Don't let this years Danny who hasn't found his game legs or rhythm cloud the cold hard fact that Danny was an elite shooter from 2007 until game 5 of the 2012 conference finals where his Indiana career essentially ended.
    Goodbye Captain, My Captain. I wish you had the chance to sink or swim with your ship on its quest for the "ship".

  22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:


  23. #944
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just hope Granger doesn't fail the physical. Talk about a mess then!
    The 76ers made the trade for financial reasons. I imagine if he failed, they would just waive it.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  25. #945
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it's a no-brainer deal for Indiana. You don't compete for titles with sentiment.

    Philly essentially donated two legit rotation guys to Indiana for nothing.
    This!!!
    Grown Man Ball

  26. #946
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    On the plane to Indy this morning

    Grown Man Ball

  27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  28. #947
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,467

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the plane to Indy this morning

    Nice Chicago hat, ET.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  30. #948
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,783

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Something about 2010 lottery picks on planes...


  31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:


  32. #949
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,403

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    via Kent Sterling
    After seeing this (man am I glad I went back to view the entire thread) I can see this trade working one of two ways.

    1. As a younger team we allow our emotions to get the best of us, and we play about the same if not worse than we have the past 2 weeks.
    2. This lights a major fire under our asses and realize this was done to get this championship **** done THIS YEAR.

    With a guy like D.West on the locker room, I'm hoping for the latter. We won't really know until after these 5 cupcake games. We don't have to play our best to blow most of these teams out of the water.

    It should be interesting.

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  34. #950
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,403

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    FWIW I think Brian Shaw could've worked wonders for Evan Turner and his game

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •