Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Granger traded to Philly

Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guarantee you we will not be going to a 10 man rotation. You are so insistent on that, and I have absolutely no idea why.
    If anything we need to shorten the rotation like Miami has done. They shortened their rotation and have gone 12-4 against some good competition. Where as IF IF IF we beat the Bucks on Saturday we will have gone 10-6 over our last 16.

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This is ridiculous. Why are we even so freaking active? Is having the best record in the league not good enough? Are we really risking it all just to upgrade certain positions after half the games been played? We're adding guys who haven't been in training camp. Don't know our system. Don't know their role. And they won't have too much time to learn all that. Not to mention team chemistry. *******. And why Danny?
    I think you make some good points here, I'm quite shocked that Larry gave up on Granger so quickly. He only played about 30 games, and its not like Lance Stephenson was even remotely interested in setting up Granger to score easy buckets. Bringing in Bynum to shore up the big man depth was a good move. Not sure this one is a good move at all. The key is reeling Lance in a bit, other wise Turner will look just as broke as Danny Granger looked these last 30 games.

Just hope we don't have buyer remorse after we see Turner bricking 3 after 3 and getting blown by on Defense.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I think you make some good points here, I'm quite shocked that Larry gave up on Granger so quickly.
    So quickly?

He had 2 years to rehab....how much more time was he supposed to get?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    If anything we need to shorten the rotation like Miami has done. They shortened their rotation and have gone 12-4 against some good competition. Where as IF IF IF we beat the Bucks on Saturday we will have gone 10-6 over our last 16.
    I think the rotation is fine in it's current 9 man form. We have to keep these guys fresh for the postseason, especially the older dudes and Roy. The ultimate goal here isn't the top seed in the East. It's the title. Come playoff time, the rotations will be shortened and you better believe this team is going to be locked in. I really think part of the problem is that they are just bored with the regular season. The NBA season is about 20 games too long imo.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    So quickly?

Rehab ain't game time, and he wasn't just rehabbing for two years. The guy was hurt, unable to even rehab a good portion of the time.

Overall point stands though, it's too risky to put your eggs in the "Granger regaining his form" basket. The deal had to be done.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the rotation is fine in it's current 9 man form. We have to keep these guys fresh for the postseason, especially the older dudes and Roy. The ultimate goal here isn't the top seed in the East. It's the title. Come playoff time, the rotations will be shortened and you better believe this team is going to be locked in. I really think part of the problem is that they are just bored with the regular season. The NBA season is about 20 games too long imo.
    Seriously? Miami is nipping at their heels and they're "bored?"

No, they're just not playing well. Whatever the problem is they either fix it immediately or lose the #1 seed. Miami isn't going away.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

No, they're just not playing well.
    Bold the entire sentence next time. I said "part of the reason" is that I think they are bored. The other part (and bigger one) is that they aren't playing well.

I don't see us winning a Game 7 in Miami. And I don't see us beating the Heat in less than 6. So to me HCA in the East at least is a required part of winning a title.

These guys are gonna get plenty of rest in the playoffs if they show up and take care of business. We can expand some energy now, to at least maintain our lead over Miami. But it might already be too late.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

No, they're just not playing well. Whatever the problem is they either fix it immediately or lose the #1 seed. Miami isn't going away.
    Agreed with this. And most of the problem is Lance and PG thinking they are Lebron and Wade. Our defense is suffering because the lazy transition D those guys are offering us. And our offense is suffering because they don't think taking care of the basketball is important, much more important to try and get the top play of the night.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

These guys are gonna get plenty of rest in the playoffs if they show up and take care of business. We can expand some energy now, to at least maintain our lead over Miami. But it might already be too late.
    How could it possibly be too late already? We are still ahead of them in the standings. There are like 30 games left in the season. Plenty of time for any number of wonky things to happen.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

To me this is the major issue. Miami spotted them a 4-5 game lead, and the Pacers jacked around with inferior teams and will most likely lose the #1 seed some time next week.
    Miami just went 5-1 on a tough road trip. They rolling and Lebron is gearing up the playoffs. This was the same time frame last year they went on the huge winning streak. Miami pretty much has the #1 seed locked up at this point. Pacers can't / wont win consistently enough to challenge.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

How could it possibly be too late already? We are still ahead of them in the standings. There are like 30 games left in the season. Plenty of time for any number of wonky things to happen.
    They have turned it on and with 2 games left against us. Both teams control their own destinies. If we split its no big deal. If they win both they erase that gap and with how we are playing now, I would guess thats going to happen. Plus I am pretty sure I read that starting in March they have an easier schedule than us. Playing better basketball, with an easier schedule. They are going to close that gap

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

They have turned it on and with 2 games left against us. Both teams control their own destinies. If we split its no big deal. If they win both they erase that gap and with how we are playing now, I would guess thats going to happen. Plus I am pretty sure I read that starting in March they have an easier schedule than us. Playing better basketball, with an easier schedule. They are going to close that gap
    I guess this all just goes back to the fact that I don't see #1 seed as a necessity in beating Miami. I would love to have it, but I think we can beat them without it. I honestly think we can beat them in 6 games, too. With or without home court.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I guess this all just goes back to the fact that I don't see #1 seed as a necessity in beating Miami. I would love to have it, but I think we can beat them without it. I honestly think we can beat them in 6 games, too. With or without home court.
    See I just don't see that happening. You know that Wade and Lebron will win one in Indiana just by flopping(See Game 3 last year) I don't see us winning 2 in Miami. Especially not 2 of the first 3

We really aren't giving up that much ground to Miami. We've lost half a game on them since January 1.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    We really aren't giving up that much ground to Miami. We've lost half a game on them since January 1.
    Yeah but this was the difficult part of their schedule, and a relatively easy part of ours. They are playing well we are not.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Has there been any kind of dialogue from Granger about all of this? In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter what's done is done, but I would like to hear what he has to say. I mean we've already heard from Turner but not Granger.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

So quickly?

Not to mention the fact that he actually waited until like 2 minutes before it would have definitely been too late. It's called a deadline for a reason. How much longer was he supposed to wait?

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Any word on if Turner is playing Saturday, he needs to.

Larry did the right thing here. Period. I'm sure he doesn't love it for the personal reasons any more than we do. We're not even the ones who had to tell Danny. I'm sure that fell to Larry and I'm sure that was hard on him.

"I'm going to go draft Danny Granger!" /click - The Legend

Do not for one second think that this was not hard for Larry on a personal level. I'm sure it was. Remember why Danny wears 33 in the first place.

But Larry knows that championships aren't won with feelings. We have no right to judge him on a personal level about this. He knows Danny better than anyone on this board I am sure.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 02-21-2014 at 10:39 AM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Does anybody believe in the slim chance that Simon told Larry he'd be willing to pay LT in order to keep the group together, prior to making this deal for Turner? Re-signing both Turner and Lance in the offseason would be a tremendous long term coup for the Pacers.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Any word on if Turner is playing Saturday, he needs to.
    I would think he could play tomorrow. It doesn't really matter in the long run, but considering how easy (Bucks, Lakers, Bucks, Celtics, Jazz) this next 5 game stretch is, it seems like a good time to start getting him acclimated on the court.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

41. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    I would think he could play tomorrow. It doesn't really matter in the long run, but considering how easy (Bucks, Lakers, Bucks, Celtics, Jazz) this next 5 game stretch is, it seems like a good time to start getting him acclimated on the court.
    According to Candace, Danny's physical is on Saturday*, and I believe the league won't let any of the traded guys play until they've all passed physicals, in case the trade gets rescinded (cf Tyson Chandler to OKC trade in 2009). It's very rare of course, but have to cover all possibilities.

*Edit: Whoops, seems I remembered wrong. CB's tweet said "tomorrow" yesterday, so yeah the players can be cleared soon.
    Last edited by wintermute; 02-21-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    Unless it is an Artest one, which i saw really cheap down here the season after the brawl, why not wear it? If you loved Granger then be proud to wear his number. It still says Pacers on the front. i have an O'neil replica which i still wear when I can fit in it.

I don't have a Granger (or any jersey of the Pacers) but as a Colts fan it would feel weird to wear a Manning jersey (especially since he's still playing for another team) it feels weird watching old clips of him as a Colt in general.

It will probably feel the same with Danny too.