Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Granger traded to Philly

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think alot of you are drooling over the 17pts per game that Turner potentially brings, but you are not looking at the details. Usuage rate, offensive pace, turnovers, shooting percentage, MPG. NOT TO MENTION RECORD. Translate that to the PAcers, and this guy might only average 9pts a game. Danny Granger average 9 pts per game too. Turner can't shoot the 3 with any sort of reliability. Neither can Danny right now, but Danny had shown that he can do that.

I'm just saying i'm gonng be very skeptical about Evan Turner, especially his efficiency in our plodding offense. Philly let this guy go for a 2nd round pick and an expiring contract.

Sad day in my Pacer fandom. Hope i'm wrong, but this one might end up costing us.

Turner is a young guy who can move fluidly. Granger is a shell of his old self and just couldn't get good separation anymore. Our second unit offense will gel a lot better with a guy in Turner who is able to move quicker and get past his defender.

This year Turner is averaging 17.4 PPG on 42.8 FG%. Last year PG averaged 17.4 PPG on 41.9 FG%. But we don't need 17.4 PPG from Turner. We just need him to be a more threatening offensive player than Granger. That's virtually a given.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I think alot of you are drooling over the 17pts per game that Turner potentially brings, but you are not looking at the details. Usuage rate, offensive pace, turnovers, shooting percentage, MPG. NOT TO MENTION RECORD. Translate that to the PAcers, and this guy might only average 9pts a game. Danny Granger average 9 pts per game too. Turner can't shoot the 3 with any sort of reliability. Neither can Danny right now, but Danny had shown that he can do that.

I'm just saying i'm gonng be very skeptical about Evan Turner, especially his efficiency in our plodding offense. Philly let this guy go for a 2nd round pick and an expiring contract.

Sad day in my Pacer fandom. Hope i'm wrong, but this one might end up costing us.
    If we can't afford Lance next season who would you want that would be available in the 8-9M price range? Evan Turner would look pretty good at that time.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Will this trade fix our turnover problem? Lance's decision making? Roy playing like a kitten on offense?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greyhound80 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    If we can't afford Lance next season who would you want that would be available in the 8-9M price range? Evan Turner would look pretty good at that time.
    Yeah, I keep forgetting about that aspect of it since I'm so caught up in the current season. Not only do we improve ourselves this season, but we also get major insurance for next year if we choose not to keep Lance. All for Granger and a second rounder. What an incredible trade. I cannot believe that Granger and a second rounder netted us a good wing and a decent backup big man. The Legend does it again.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Turner is a young guy who can move fluidly. Granger is a shell of his old self and just couldn't get good separation anymore. Our second unit offense will gel a lot better with a guy in Turner who is able to move quicker and get past his defender.

This year Turner is averaging 17.4 PPG on 42.8 FG%. Last year PG averaged 17.4 PPG on 41.9 FG%. But we don't need 17.4 PPG from Turner. We just need him to be a more threatening offensive player than Granger. That's virtually a given.
    We'll see but keep in mind that Turner is playing 35 minutes as a #1 option taking 16 shots per game. We'll see if it's the player or how we use the player but if Turner only gets 22 minutes and is used as an afterthought in the offense I don't see how he even gets the numbers Granger was.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but maybe another angle on this trade is that it is easier to give Copeland more minutes with Danny simply gone than to move Danny down in the rotation in favor of Copeland. We all know Danny's fg & 3pt % this season are pretty bad. Maybe the staff wanted to get Copeland in but worried about morale with Danny being demoted?

Name-calling signature removed

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Banta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    We'll see but keep in mind that Turner is playing 35 minutes as a #1 option taking 16 shots per game. We'll see if it's the player or how we use the player but if Turner only gets 22 minutes and is used as an afterthought in the offense I don't see how he even gets the numbers Granger was.
    If he doesn't play 35 minutes as a #1 option taking 16 shots per game then he might be more efficient.
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

This was just an excellent trade. Granger made one last great play as a Pacer by being a wonderful trade asset.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We'll see how Turner fits in. I'm not so sure about this trade, but it frees up some cap space
    "We want Miami"

Hmm I might have to change my signature...
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    Danny is shooting .359 FG% and .330 3FG% on 7.7 FGA.

Turner is shooting .428 FG% and .288 3FG% on 15.4 FGA.

If we give Turner 28 min or so (cutting down a little bit on the HIGH min Lance and PG are averaging, don't need to wear them down before the playoffs), that is just 7 min less per game, and he'll be the main threat off our bench that was 26th in the league in scoring before the trade (so it's not like our bench offense was great w/ Danny either)...

Once he gets used to our system and players, I don't see how he won't produce more than DG, even if he were somehow only get 22 min a game.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Banta View Post
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but maybe another angle on this trade is that it is easier to give Copeland more minutes with Danny simply gone than to move Danny down in the rotation in favor of Copeland. We all know Danny's fg & 3pt % this season are pretty bad. Maybe the staff wanted to get Copeland in but worried about morale with Danny being demoted?
    Excellent post. This move was made to give Copeland his minutes and to upgrade the minuets that would have other wise gone to OJ.

Turner is a ball handler with size, he can score off the dribble and is an above average defender. He also can rebound from the guard spot. This is an excellent trade. Larry Bird is a genius.

Anyone know what other "fans" are saying? I know a few of you frequent other boards

So if we resign Lance this summer...we for sure let Turner walk?
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Mood

26. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Mood

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

One thing that excited me about this is the overall games of our 3 main wing players. Lance, PG and Turner all have complete games.

We have the best rebounding wings I've ever seen on one team, Turner is an excellent rebounder for a wing player. They are all very natural passers (turnovers aside), and can facilitate the offense. They can all handle it, attack the rim, and are at least capable shooters as well. And they are all good defenders also.

This was an unbelievable trade. I can't believe somebody didn't outbid us for Turner, unreal.
    Last edited by Taterhead; 02-20-2014 at 10:20 PM.

It's been a nutty year bringing in starting caliber players to bring off the bench. CJ Watson, Turner, Scola and Bynum are all starters in the NBA. Perhaps they are not all great starters, but they are indeed great options off the bench. There was a time not long ago that those 4 players would be starting for us. Copeland and Mahinmi are not bad either.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    If he doesn't play 35 minutes as a #1 option taking 16 shots per game then he might be more efficient.
    Usually yes, but he has been more efficient this season than he has been any other season. Typically it is thought that players are more efficient when they aren't the first option, but typically those players shoot better than 28% from 3. For example, if Orlando was used in a more ball dominant way this season he most likely would have been much more efficient than as the 4th option stand in the corner role. This is because he was doing a really good job driving and scoring around the rim, but was shooting the ball terribly from 3. Lance has been more efficient this season for that exact reason.

Mood

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    I asked Michael Grady earlier if we could keep both, and he thinks it's "highly unlikely". As do I.

I don't see any way that we can keep both.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Sounds like it. But if Lance gets some MAX offer, then we sign Turner to start at SG. In other words. Well be a great team for awhile. But this year right now may be our best chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I asked Michael Grady earlier if we could keep both, and he thinks it's "highly unlikely". As do I.

I don't see any way that we can keep both.
    Yea I was thinking that. Darn, if we could keep both him and Lance long term we'd be contenders for a VERY long time.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Yea I was thinking that. Darn, if we could keep both him and Lance long term we'd be contenders for a VERY long time.
    We COULD keep both if we wanted to pay the tax, but I don't believe Herb will do that
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    We COULD keep both if we wanted to pay the tax, but I don't believe Herb will do that
    Interesting question: Will Herb be more likely to be willing to pay the LT if we do win it all, or if we do not win it all?