Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
Results 426 to 450 of 1359

Thread: Granger traded to Philly

  1. #426
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,682

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ringing a dinner bell is when your Pistons trot out their vaunted Drummond/Monroe/Smith frontcourt that you praised so highly in the offseason.
    Troll alert

    News flash: doesn't really phase me. They suck.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  2. #427
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Might not phase you, but you did spend most of the fall praising the Smith signing.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  4. #428
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's an incredibly rosy picture. Granger was never quick it begin with, and now his lateral speed is gone. He's fine end to end, but thats not how you play perimeter D.

    He helps off of his man a lot in the lane because that how he can contribute as a bigger forward, but he isn't staying in front of anyone. They may as well ring a dinner bell when he checks in.
    I don't disagree that he looks slower, but he's not been getting lit up either. I hear you say "dinner bell" and I ask the question: who lit Danny up this year? Nobody that wasn't lighting up the entire team. Danny's no stopper, but he's been solid defensively at the 3.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  6. #429
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,791

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Wow wow wow

    I have always been a Granger supporter. He stood by this team when we were ******. I hate to see this happen because it isn't fair to Granger.

    but our team did just get a lot better

    It isn't personal, strictly business (that's what I keep telling myself)
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  7. #430
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Troll alert

    News flash: doesn't really phase me. They suck.
    I wasn't trying to faze (phase is a different thing) you. You are crapping on Granger as a defender this season when in reality, he's been quite good on that end of the court. Offensively is where he's been the disaster.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  9. #431
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,682

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Might not phase you, but you did spend most of the fall praising the Smith signing.
    Right, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with this.

    I still think the situation is salvageable if they trade Monroe, but that's neither here nor there.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  10. #432
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,682

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasn't trying to faze (phase is a different thing) you. You are crapping on Granger as a defender this season when in reality, he's been quite good on that end of the court. Offensively is where he's been the disaster.
    He's been bad on both ends. He's got a good IQ and a big body which helps him as a team defender, but he isn't physically capable of staying with athletic wings anymore.

    Who is granger going to guard on Miami? He'd be a liability no matter where he played.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  12. #433
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,744

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Turner. He's a prickly teammate.
    lol, let's see prickly with BAMF in the house...it'll be the last time to see prickly!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  14. #434
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,984

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't disagree that he looks slower, but he's not been getting lit up either. I hear you say "dinner bell" and I ask the question: who lit Danny up this year? Nobody that wasn't lighting up the entire team. Danny's no stopper, but he's been solid defensively at the 3.
    Danny didn't guard any big time scorers. That job went to Paul and Lance.

  15. #435
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with this.
    It is pertinent to your ability to praise or critique a player's ability to contribute.

    You've been in here ******** on Granger basically since the trade went down, and there really is no reason for you to do that.

    You made your piece on him pretty much in your first post in the thread. You don't think much of Granger as a player anymore. That's fine, but we don't need to hear it every time someone tries to even sort of give him some credit.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  17. #436
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,984

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's been bad on both ends. He's got a good IQ and a big body which helps him as a team defender, but he isn't physically capable of staying with athletic wings anymore.
    Absolutely correct. Danny's a strong body and a smart player. Showed he could pass the ball OK this year. He can definitely guard the post quite well. But out on the floor forget about it. He's been guarding the weaker offensive players because he can't possibly keep up with them. He's not much faster than West, quite frankly.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  19. #437
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,682

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is pertinent to your ability to praise or critique a player's ability to contribute.

    You've been in here ******** on Granger basically since the trade went down, and there really is no reason for you to do that.

    You made your piece on him pretty much in your first post in the thread. You don't think much of Granger as a player anymore. That's fine, but we don't need to hear it every time someone tries to even sort of give him some credit.
    Except that wasn't really the case. I'm discussing the trade like anyone else. We have a different thread for unabashed granger love.

    As for me being wrong in the past, great. I've been here for ten years. Let me know who else has been here that long batting a thousand.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  21. #438
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's been bad on both ends. He's got a good IQ and a big body which helps him as a team defender, but he isn't physically capable of staying with athletic wings anymore.

    Who is granger going to guard on Miami? He'd be a liability no matter where he played.
    Who are Miami's backup wings? That's who Danny's guarding. Ray Allen, Shane Battier, James Jones, Rashard Lewis--which one of those guys is torching Danny off the dribble? Danny can stay with those dudes.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  23. #439
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    I'm giving you hard time on being wrong about Smith, obviously we're all wrong at one time or another, and I'm also not saying you should give unabashed Granger love. Why would I expect that from you? But I'm just saying we've already read that you think Granger sucks in about 15 different ways.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  24. #440
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,036
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    I like the player (Danny). But I like the player because he was on my team. When the player leaves the team, I still like the team. I do not get attached to players. Sure I cried when Reggie played his last game. Sure I teared up with Peyton came back to Indy. But I will never turn on my team. Never.

    I don't care if their hired players venture into the stands and slap a fool. I don't care if they crap on the game of basketball and keep a demon coach too long. I don't care if they sign a bonifide idiot jerk who eats a Dunkin Donuts every morning. I don't care of that team rehired an over-the-hill president who created the previous messes.

    I like my team, more than its players.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  26. #441
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,682

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who are Miami's backup wings? That's who Danny's guarding. Ray Allen, Shane Battier, James Jones, Rashard Lewis--which one of those guys is torching Danny off the dribble? Danny can stay with those dudes.
    hes not staying with Ray Allen running around screens, battier plays the four, and the rest of those guys will barely see the floor in the playoffs.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  27. #442
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    I like the trade. I think it was smart in the short and long term. What I don't like is acting like Granger was/is a completely useless player and a complete liability on the court. Turner is a step up and while he doesn't fit exactly what we need and does replicate Lance's skill set to a degree (better with the ball in his hands and creating, not a great outside shooter), he's better than Danny at this point. Allen gives us, in my eyes, the deepest frontcourt in the NBA without question.

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  29. #443
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,682

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm giving you hard time on being wrong about Smith, obviously we're all wrong at one time or another, and I'm also not saying you should give unabashed Granger love. Why would I expect that from you? But I'm just saying we've already read that you think Granger sucks in about 15 different ways.
    All counterpoints, which is the point of having a discussion. I'm not randomly posting stiff.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  30. #444
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hes not staying with Ray Allen running around screens, battier plays the four, and the rest of those guys will barely see the floor in the playoffs.
    Ray Allen isn't the Ray Allen of old; he's not running through a thousand screens anymore. He still does some, but not enough to abuse Granger consistently.

  31. #445
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,984

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like the trade. I think it was smart in the short and long term. What I don't like is acting like Granger was/is a completely useless player and a complete liability on the court. Turner is a step up and while he doesn't fit exactly what we need and does replicate Lance's skill set to a degree (better with the ball in his hands and creating, not a great outside shooter), he's better than Danny at this point. Allen gives us, in my eyes, the deepest frontcourt in the NBA without question.
    How good is this Allen guy. Never really saw him play. Athletic 4?

  32. #446
    Boom Baby! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,747

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It also lets LB off the hook with the Lance vs. Danny decision. I understand that Danny is now gone and certain people will hate it no matter what. But, those people are now already galvanized and there won't be any hate towards Lance because Danny isn't here.
    I don't think Danny was going to be here, whether Lance resigned or not.

  33. #447
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,682

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ray Allen isn't the Ray Allen of old; he's not running through a thousand screens anymore. He still does some, but not enough to abuse Granger consistently.
    Granger isn't a guy that closes out 22 feet for the hoop. He sags off and helps out a lot. In his prime he was never assigned to guard ray Allen. It's just not a good matchup for him.

    Yeah he'd be fine against rashard Lewis or Michael Beasley, but those aren't guys that will play big playoff minutes.
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-20-2014 at 07:18 PM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  34. #448
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Granger isn't a guy that closes out 22 feet for the hoop. He sags off and helps out a lot. In his prime he was never assigned to guard ray Allen.
    No, but neither one of them is in their prime (or close to it). I don't know why we are even bothering with this; Danny isn't going to be defending anyone on Miami in the Conference Finals. That's The Villain's job now.

  35. #449
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    I like getting Allen as a throw in a lot. Not a big athlete. But solid rebounder and decent mid range game. He's an option if Scola can't get out of his funk

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  37. #450
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,967

    Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sad thing is that would probably help the Pacers considering Danny just can't guard anyone any more.
    But Danny does know ALL of our offensive and defensive plays... /smh

    This is gonna come back to bite the Pacers right in the posterior region...
    I would almost bet the farm, that Miami is going to pick him up....
    DAMMIT! I am p.o.'d right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •