Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Granger traded to Philly

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Re: Granger traded to Philly

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What did granger "deserve?" The pacers paid him a truckload of money that he's still going to receive. He got paid $27 million the last two seasons to basically rehab.

Granger deserves to earn what he negotiated, and the pacers deserve the opportunity to try and upgrade him. He's getting paid millions to go deal with it.
    Stop pretending grown mend don't get invested in their exploits. Danny's knee went to ****. That sucks. You weren't bummed when Zeke tore his Achille's? Stop trying to be above it all.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by adamscb View Post
    This hits my point exactly. Is this a Danny Granger forum, or an Indiana Pacers forum? This trade upgrades our team immensely, so we should be celebrating. Plus, it might actually give Granger a chance to start.
    Fans are fans for different reasons. Not everyone is going to view the team as a bunch of faceless guys who mean nothing individually as long as they play well together. They have come to mean something to the community as people, not just as interchangeable parts.

Besides, it remains to be seen whether we get beginning-of-season Turner or recent-play Turner.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Stop pretending grown mend don't get invested in their exploits. Danny's knee went to ****. That sucks. You weren't bummed when Zeke tore his Achille's? Stop trying to be above it all.
    I don't really care to remember what zeke was after 1992. He honestly should have retired earlier. I remember the good times.

I'm sure granger is bummed out. Anyone would be. He's got 14 million reasons to get over it. This isn't the end of anyone's world.

And FYI, zeke tore his Achilles at the very end of his farewell game. His career was over anyway. Still a sad way to see him leave the floor, but he could have saved himself that sad end by retiring in 1993.
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-20-2014 at 06:06 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

It's a great trade. A brilliant one, actually, and I can't believe we pulled it off. With that said, it still really hurts to see Danny go. This is the very definition of bittersweet for a lot of us. Turner and Allen definitely improve this team, as does Bynum. But losing a man like Granger is a tough pill to swallow.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Indra For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Our most untouchable trade piece continues to be Stanko Barac.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I don't really care to remember what zeke was after 1992. He honestly should have retired earlier. I remember the good times.

I'm sure granger is bummed out. Anyone would be. He's got 14 million reasons to get over it. This isn't the end of anyone's world.

And FYI, zeke tore his ACL at the very end of his farewell game. His career was over anyway.
    We have different takeaways from pro basketball.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

I love the deal, but damn I hate this deal... #emotionalattatchment

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

am i the only one that is stunned that the best offer that the Sixers got was what boiled down to a 2nd round pick?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I hope that the Spurs sign him
    The Spurs or the Suns. If he's not with us then I really wish for him to be in one of the classiest organizations in the league (Spurs) or the team with the best medical staff (Suns).
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    We have different takeaways from pro basketball.
    I learned very early in life that championships are all that matters in the end. The players get to keep their money no matter how the team does. The closest thing the fans get is a championship celebration. I liked Adrian Dantley more than I'll ever like Mark Aguirre, but I got over it very quickly.

The players will love your team as long as you pay them a lot of money. Likewise, if my team can improve drastically by dealing you, goodbye and thanks for the memories. Thats the cold reality of pro sports, and the best championship teams all embrace this.

Larry Bird saw that being played out firsthand when his finals MVP teammate cornbread maxwell got banished to the clippers for bill Walton. Boston loved maxwell. They still do. They got over it pretty fast when Walton was the NBA's best 6th man in 1986.
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-20-2014 at 06:17 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I genuinely understand both sides here. You all have good points.

Personally, I hate to see Danny go but this trade makes you far better. Remember when we were saying we need a player to create his own shot off the bench? We hoped Danny could do that but as you can see he wasn't able. Those recent injuries he had, have taken their toll.

Turner is certainly a guy who can. Don't know about his defense but offensively, he should be massive upgrade.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Fans are fans for different reasons. Not everyone is going to view the team as a bunch of faceless guys who mean nothing individually as long as they play well together. They have come to mean something to the community as people, not just as interchangeable parts.

Besides, it remains to be seen whether we get beginning-of-season Turner or recent-play Turner.
    I don't view the team as a bunch of faceless individuals. I just never formed that personal connection with Granger. I'm sorry if my comments come across as unappreciative of him. I believe wholeheartedly that he helped this franchise.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adamscb For This Useful Post:

I could see OKC signing Granger for the rest of the season.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

I learned very early in life that championships are all that matters in the end. The players get to keep their money no matter how the team does. The closest thing the fans get is a championship celebration. I liked Adrian Dantley more than I'll ever like Mark Aguirre, but I got over it very quickly.

The players will love your team as long as you pay them a lot of money. Likewise, if my team can improve drastically by dealing you, goodbye and thanks for the memories. Thats the cold reality of pro sports, and the best championship teams all embrace this.
    Interesting.

Championships are very special and not that easy to come by, particularly in the NBA. To be lucky enough to be a fan of a team that is one of the few to have won a championship is great, but if championships are all that matter then there are a lot of fans wasting their time with the NBA.

For me, memories are what matter. What I remember from being at games with my dad, what I remember about being at games with my kids, what I've loved watching. That means particular players may mean a lot to me even if they aren't associated with championship teams.

Now, does that mean you pass on a chance for a championship just to keep a player who is past his prime? No, I don't think so - but, by the same token, you don't dismiss what a player has meant because he wasn't part of a championship team.

The dichotomy of being a fan is that you can be excited and heartbroken at the same time.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

26. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo

I learned very early in life that championships are all that matters in the end
    that's where we differ I suppose. is what it is, you like guys for X, I like them for Z. Dantley's a bum because the Pacers dumped him for a PR stunt for example. sorta kinda serious about that. more serious about the awful merger terms bu y'know.

When can this thin be officially announced so we can hear from both sides?
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Interesting.

Championships are very special and not that easy to come by, particularly in the NBA. To be lucky enough to be a fan of a team that is one of the few to have won a championship is great, but if championships are all that matter then there are a lot of fans wasting their time with the NBA.

For me, memories are what matter. What I remember from being at games with my dad, what I remember about being at games with my kids, what I've loved watching. That means particular players may mean a lot to me even if they aren't associated with championship teams.

Now, does that mean you pass on a chance for a championship just to keep a player who is past his prime? No, I don't think so - but, by the same token, you don't dismiss what a player has meant because he wasn't part of a championship team.

The dichotomy of being a fan is that you can be excited and heartbroken at the same time.
    I suppose I should rephrase: compared to championships, everything else matters significantly less. If there's any move that brings you just a little closer, you have to make it without hesitation.

I don't think you dismiss a good player because his team wasn't good enough to win it all. I have fond memories of grant hill, Antonio mcdyess and Jerry stackhouse. But fond memories don't interfere with running a good organization. Allowing them to influence your decisions does.

Were the pacers ever going to get closer to a championship by trading Reggie miller? Doubtful. But this is different.
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-20-2014 at 06:26 PM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

My post from the Trade Deadline thread:

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    I love the Evan Turner pickup for the Pacers:

http://goo.gl/NCmwVB

Very basic, raw numbers but they speak to his versatility. Indy got something for nothing for Granger and I think it was a great deal.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

So let me get this straight... we are keeping Lavoy Allen right? Also, is it a sure thing that Danny gets cut from Philly?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    So let me get this straight... we are keeping Lavoy Allen right? Also, is it a sure thing that Danny gets cut from Philly?
    yes on both accounts, apparently

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    He would just waste time being on their bench, they can buy him out, because he still be a cap hit regardless.

Brains of the Operation.

I have heard the rumors that Granger will be waived. Any connection to Miami clearing a roster spot?

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    am i the only one that is stunned that the best offer that the Sixers got was what boiled down to a 2nd round pick?
    I thought the same thing. Hard to believe they couldn't get a little more than that for him.

I'm not complaining, though.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by littlerichard54 View Post
    I have heard the rumors that Granger will be waived. Any connection to Miami clearing a roster spot?
    I doubt it. I think he genuinely doesn't like LeBron. It's not like PG, where he and Bron are buds.

I think it's more likely he goes out West.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Granger to the Clips maybe?