Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    9 of those 13 games were against teams below .500. His shooting percentage has been putrid. Rasual was giving us great minutes right before Granger came back. 9 out of 10 NBA wings could go out and shoot 36% from the field.
    3 of our last 5 losses have been against teams below .500 as well.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

9 of those 13 games were against teams below .500. His shooting percentage has been putrid. Rasual was giving us great minutes right before Granger came back. 9 out of 10 NBA wings could go out and shoot 36% from the field.
    I'm curious what you think the return of Danny has done to the team. Why would we take a step back due to the return of our 6th/7th man? Butler had JUST started playing before Danny got back, and OJ was playing worse than anyone who is playing on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    Vogel played small at the end though Hibbert did not seem aggressive enough to me I his post ups. Bad offensive flow the whole game and the defense wasn't much better. I wonder why anyone guards Rubio above the 3 point line. He can't shoot, so why not lay back and take the pick and roll away.
    I am curious why Love was not guarded like a glove. Never ever leave him to help on another player. I am still not convinced about Lance
    being irreplaceable.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Granger just looks like he doesn't love the game anymore. He plays like he couldn't care less.
    As a big Granger fan that is a very noticeable difference in his demeanor. He used to be such a firery, competitive player. Now he's kind of a bit more complacent, playing hard physically but going through the motions emotionally. He is lacking fire right now.
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 02-20-2014 at 12:02 AM.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I'm curious what you think the return of Danny has done to the team. Why would we take a step back due to the return of our 6th/7th man? Butler had JUST started playing before Danny got back, and OJ was playing worse than anyone who is playing on the team.
    I think the teams great chemistry is overrated. Granger never really accepted playing a bench role, even though he acted like he did. He may not say anything, but his play tells the whole story.
    @qandrews9428

As a big Granger fan that is the most noticeable difference. He used to be such a firery, competitive player. Now he's kind of a bit more complacent, playing hard but going through the motions emotionally
    You can't play hard and go through the motions. Those two things contradict each other.
    @qandrews9428

I guess there was not enough tough pills being consumed tonight
    Help us Paul George......you're our only hope

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Smith For This Useful Post:

You can't play hard and go through the motions. Those two things contradict each other.
    I more so mean his demeanor. He is physically playing hard, and trying. But he isn't as demonstrative, or pumped up as he used to be.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Just prior to Granger's return this team went 5-4, during which when Rasual was giving great minutes (for 3 games) the team went 1-2. If you want to see why Granger is not to blame go look at 82games.com. There are a lot of stats on there showing this team is typically better when he is on the court.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

I blame Scola's elbow injury and Bynum's smile for this loss.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

I'm not glad they lost, but we have a long way to go. Let's see where we go from here.

Can u believe that? Took pacers -1 2nd half. Johnson should of made that last 3 lol

Bummer of a game. No other way to put it.

Absolutely laid an egg. It's becoming a fairly regular occurrence, which is worrisome.

We're good enough to still pull out W's on some of our 'bad nights' - but tonight Love was on Fire and we were just playing too passively and loosely with the ball.

Not going to panic. Honestly, maybe it would be good for our guys to really feel Miami breathing down our necks. We were SO good for the first third+ of the season that we got cocky, and although we're still obviously good (playing well over .500), we're slipping away from our ULTRA ELITE level of play.

That being said, we're still 41-13. Frustrating, but I'll take it.

I would just love to see our guys rebound from a bad loss with more than just ONE dominating rebound game. How about we string together 4, 5, 6 of them?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

I brought it up at halftime that Lance would still play his 35-38 minutes no matter how badly he was playing. 37 minutes and 15 shots is simply sad. Vogel is not coaching this kid. Lance has became a black hole with the second unit where he can do whatever he feels like. Lance needs his minutes trimmed just a little but he needs his time with the second unit trimmed a lot. 37 shots for Lance and Paul while Roy and David combine for 15 is wrong. I'll say that Roy could have worked for better low post position but I think he just gave up since he wasn't getting the pass anyway. If we get Roy going early he plays more aggressively on both ends. We are so, so much better when we play from the inside out as opposed to playing Paul and Lance show.
    Frank sometimes talks the talk but he never commits to the inside out game. The only hope we have is if Larry demands it.

An annoying loss. But I'm not seeing much that can't be corrected when the chips are down. But still, get it together, fellas.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

I think the teams great chemistry is overrated. Granger never really accepted playing a bench role, even though he acted like he did. He may not say anything, but his play tells the whole story.
    Granger isn't being used right. He's a scorer and we should have the offense focused around him in the second unit. When he's in with Lance or Paul he's regulated to the 3 point line with very few passes going his way. I'd like to see some minor lineup changes by putting Hill in with the second unit instead of Lance. I think we'd see an improvement from the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I am curious why Love was not guarded like a glove. Never ever leave him to help on another player. I am still not convinced about Lance
    being irreplaceable.
    You're starting to notice that Lance is actually a bit of a ball stopper now that he has been hyped up as a potential all-star. He doesn't play with-in the offense anymore. He isn't working that pick n pop with scola as much anymore, and trying to take it himself more often.

As a big Granger fan that is a very noticeable difference in his demeanor. He used to be such a firery, competitive player. Now he's kind of a bit more complacent, playing hard physically but going through the motions emotionally. He is lacking fire right now.
    Its cause he knows he is better than the 5th option when he is out there. But you got guys like Lance who will take it themselfs or throw a pass to Mahnimi over setting up Granger.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

I forgot it was the 2nd half of a B2B. That makes me like 90% less worried.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Man, I'm seeing this too. I can't remember the last time he cracked a smile on the court, Frank really needs to get this dude into at least having fun on the court again. His game has been fine, but his demeanor is depressing.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:

No Pekovich - really think that we would use Roy more. Very confusing/disappointing. There were bright spots, but the kind of that you associate with a team you do not expect much from.
    'persevailed' - Best neological portmanteau ever

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

I didn't watch the game, but I'm assuming they made Ian shoot a three to make everyone feel better about their terrible shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    I didn't watch the game, but I'm assuming they made Ian shoot a three to make everyone feel better about their terrible shooting.
    No. That was an end of quarter 3/4ths court heave at the buzzer.

Mood

Pacers will win the next game.

9 of those 13 games were against teams below .500. His shooting percentage has been putrid. Rasual was giving us great minutes right before Granger came back. 9 out of 10 NBA wings could go out and shoot 36% from the field. Pacers had lost 1 single game to a team below .500 before Granger came back. It's poor offensive design as much as anything, but Granger's movement is so constricted that he slows the pace of the offense down, resulting in much poorer shots than we would be getting with a faster pace. Solomon and Orlando, and even Sual played with much more energy.

Granger has certainly been awful from the offensive end, but you can't blame him for everything. The main problem with the bench over the last month + is Scola. His shot has completely left him. He shot 51.5% from the field in November and 53.7% in December. He was playing like one of the best sixth men in the league and was a lethal asset off the bench. But his shooting percentage sunk to just 38.0% in January and 37.0% in February. He's getting shot attempts that he should hit, but he just can't knock them down right now. Maybe something is bothering him, as others have alluded to. Regardless, he is a shell of what he was at the beginning of the season and that rubs off on the entire bench unit.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 02-20-2014 at 07:52 AM.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    Granger isn't being used right. He's a scorer and we should have the offense focused around him in the second unit. When he's in with Lance or Paul he's regulated to the 3 point line with very few passes going his way. I'd like to see some minor lineup changes by putting Hill in with the second unit instead of Lance. I think we'd see an improvement from the bench.
    Why should we focus the second unit offense around a guy who is shooting 35.9% from the field this season? Granger is getting plenty of opportunities to score, but he just can't make shots. He can't make threes anymore and most of his takes to the hoop result in clanks off the rim. If he was making shots, then I'm guessing that we would make an effort to get him more opportunities, but I don't see why we should give even more shots to a guy who is awful from the offensive end right now. I don't think that special new plays for him are going to magically cure the fact that he can't put the ball in the hoop.

Yes, Lance gets out of control with the second unit sometimes, but what are the other options right now? Scola and Granger can't put the ball in the hoop. Another annoying thing about our bench is when Watson takes awful long pullup jumpers in transition when there is still like 20 seconds left on the shot clock.

Vogel needs to give Cope some more opportunities. I really liked his energy on both ends of the court. He had some nice fakes, a couple of nice passes, a nice take, and drilled that three. On defense he had a nice strip and brought some energy. IMHO, it's inexcusable that Vogel didn't give him an opportunity before now given how badly Scola and Granger have played recently. Vogel is a great coach, but sometimes he is just too rigid with his rotations.

As Phoenix showed when they beat us twice, our weakness is teams who can successfully run and gun. The Wolves last night looked like the Showtime Lakers. Teams should honestly try to run more against us. You're dead if you try to beat us at our own game.

Thankfully there are no back to backs in the playoffs......
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 02-20-2014 at 08:04 AM.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post: