Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 107

Thread: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

  1. #1
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,612

    Sports Logo

    Default Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    Pacers lose.......on the road.....in a B2B.

    I didnt watch the game. Did Vogel listen to Anthem and put in Copeland in favor of Scola?

    What happened with Hibbert? Foul Trouble?

    Oh well......move onto the next game.

    Thoughts?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member VideoVandal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Coatesville, IN
    Posts
    352

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    Question of the day I'd like to pose to my fellow Pacer fans.......

    What does CJ Watson bring to this team?

    He is a player that doesn't get talked about much on these forums and I'm just curious do people here like him? Do they think he helps our team? Is he any good? Is he bad? To me he never does really anything he is always just on the court so I'm curious.

  4. #3
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    So much for getting back to Inside Out play.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  6. #4

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    Quote Originally Posted by VideoVandal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Question of the day I'd like to pose to my fellow Pacer fans.......

    What does CJ Watson bring to this team?

    He is a player that doesn't get talked about much on these forums and I'm just curious do people here like him? Do they think he helps our team? Is he any good? Is he bad? To me he never does really anything he is always just on the court so I'm curious.
    He ok on the defensive side, but his running of the offense drives me freaking batty

  7. #5
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    When players seemingly go anywhere else and are productive off the bench, you have to start thinking its probably not the players.

    Also, this team has not been the same since Danny got back. Probably has something to do with it.
    @qandrews9428

  8. #6
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,035

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    Two positive take aways from this game:

    1) Copeland played and he gave us some good minutes. That's great to see. Vogel needs to be able to count him.

    2) Ian had a good game.

    PG had a good game as well but he had some bad turnovers.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  9. #7

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    There are a lot of things to nitpick, but I'm going to break it down as simply as I can...

    1. The Pacers aren't getting calls. The concern isn't that they're not getting calls; it's that they still have yet to figure out WHY they're not getting calls. Pacers have to be the whiniest team in the league right now. It's leading to easy transition points the other way, and it's pissing off refs. Refs aren't going to give this team calls until they shut up and play basketball. Even David West is whiny these days. That example filters down.

    2. Vogel has flaws like any coach, but his greatest flaw might be that he has a total laissez-faire approach to coaching Lance Stephenson, and the results are going to be a rollercoaster ride at best. Vogel needs to be more accountable, and make Lance more accountable. He can't just keep letting Lance be Lance without any changes made night in and night out. That goes for shot selection, dribbling, attitude on court, etc. Lance is young, and I'm not in the crowd that's saying "OMG, that's a future terrible contract!" right now. He'll learn. But Vogel needs to teach him. And he's really not doing that.

    3. Paul George needs to totally refocus himself on defense. He's trying to be a hero on offense and frankly not giving his all on defense. If he's going to err on the side of exhausting his efforts anywhere, it needs to be on defense. He hasn't played like a consistently elite defender in quite some time.

    4. Good news is that the problems with this team are obvious and there is plenty of time to figure it out. Bad news is, they're the same problems that have existed for a month now, and no progress has been made toward figuring them out. It's the same turnovers, same whining at the refs, same mental lapses (some of which come because they take themselves out of the game crying for calls), same inattention on defense, etc. Fix those, this is a championship team. Don't, and they're a 2 seed who loses in the ECFs. It really is that simple.

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:


  11. #8
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,466

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    Vogel played small at the end though Hibbert did not seem aggressive enough to me I his post ups. Bad offensive flow the whole game and the defense wasn't much better. I wonder why anyone guards Rubio above the 3 point line. He can't shoot, so why not lay back and take the pick and roll away.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,044

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    Quote Originally Posted by VideoVandal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Question of the day I'd like to pose to my fellow Pacer fans.......

    What does CJ Watson bring to this team?

    He is a player that doesn't get talked about much on these forums and I'm just curious do people here like him? Do they think he helps our team? Is he any good? Is he bad? To me he never does really anything he is always just on the court so I'm curious.
    He is what you would expect out of a back up PG in Vogel's system... Strong defensively and a liability on the offensive end...

  14. #10
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,689
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    Well.

    If nothing else maybe Paulstar is back to form.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  15. #11
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,265

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, this team has not been the same since Danny got back. Probably has something to do with it.
    What in the world would the return of a bench player have to do with it? That makes zero sense

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  17. #12
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,044

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What in the world would the return of a bench player have to do with it? That makes zero sense
    It makes sense when said bench player is your favorite scapegoat...

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post:


  19. #13

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well.

    If nothing else maybe Paulstar is back to form.
    Except his ball handling

  20. #14

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    This game was like a bad JOB flashback. We refused to put the ball in the paint for pretty much the entire 1st quarter.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  22. #15
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,265

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This game was like a bad JOB flashback. We refused to put the ball in the paint for pretty much the entire 1st quarter.
    1st half

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  24. #16
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,612

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    Quote Originally Posted by VideoVandal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Question of the day I'd like to pose to my fellow Pacer fans.......

    What does CJ Watson bring to this team?

    He is a player that doesn't get talked about much on these forums and I'm just curious do people here like him? Do they think he helps our team? Is he any good? Is he bad? To me he never does really anything he is always just on the court so I'm curious.
    CJ sometimes contributes at a high level and sometimes does jack.....but he's a decent to solid backup PG that is unfortunately inconsistent at times.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  26. #17
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What in the world would the return of a bench player have to do with it? That makes zero sense
    Whatever you say. Compare the team before and after Granger's return. Too much of a coincidence.
    @qandrews9428

  27. #18
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,035

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, this team has not been the same since Danny got back. Probably has something to do with it.
    Actually, the team went on a 5-game winning streak when Danny came back then proceeded to go 3-2 at the start of 2014 and then went on a second 5-game winning streak before that game on Phoenix.

    I believe that going 13-2 in the first 15 games after his return means that it has nothing to do with him.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  28. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  29. #19

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    Hill got destroyed, once again, on the defensive end. Rubio was able to do whatever, whenever he wanted... except hit a shot of course.

  30. #20
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,265

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    CJ sometimes contributes at a high level and sometimes does jack.....but he's a decent to solid backup PG that is unfortunately inconsistent at times.
    At this point I'm certain that it's the system. We've seen too many players that have looked significantly better on other teams (DC, Augustin, now Watson) struggle within our system. It's just not point guard friendly

  31. #21
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,466

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    Granger looked no worse than almost everyone else out there tonight. He really was no factor, but neither was Hibs.

  32. #22
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, the team went on a 5-game winning streak when Danny came back then proceeded to go 3-2 at the start of 2014 and then went on a second 5-game winning streak before that game on Phoenix.

    I believe that going 13-2 in the first 15 games after his return means that it has nothing to do with him.
    9 of those 13 games were against teams below .500. His shooting percentage has been putrid. Rasual was giving us great minutes right before Granger came back. 9 out of 10 NBA wings could go out and shoot 36% from the field. Pacers had lost 1 single game to a team below .500 before Granger came back. It's poor offensive design as much as anything, but Granger's movement is so constricted that he slows the pace of the offense down, resulting in much poorer shots than we would be getting with a faster pace. Solomon and Orlando, and even Sual played with much more energy.
    Last edited by boombaby1987; 02-19-2014 at 10:54 PM.
    @qandrews9428

  33. #23
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,466

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hill got destroyed, once again, on the defensive end. Rubio was able to do whatever, whenever he wanted... except hit a shot of course.
    I still want to know why they played up on him. He can't shoot, so lay off and make Love's screen useless because he would have to come inside the 3 point line to make it. Rubio should have been abused on offense, but that's another story.

  34. #24

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    PG was awesome most the game, but those 7 turnovers hurt. We have no one to guard stretch fours apparently. The one team I do not see us beating in a 7 game series is OKC. I think they might be able to run all over us. So, hopefully we can get by the Heat and the Spurs or Rockets make the finals.

  35. #25

    Default Re: Pacers / TWolves Post Game Thread - 2/19

    Granger just looks like he doesn't love the game anymore. He plays like he couldn't care less.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •