Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pacers / Hawks Post Game Thread - 2/18

Default Re: Pacers / Hawks Post Game Thread - 2/18

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Believe me, I am tempted. Let me put it this way, "Broke" was the wrong term to use. We aren't broke. We simply have every dollar coming in budgeted and accounted for elsewhere. So it's not really feasible.
    Zero-based budget for the win!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

I had to work late and missed the game. I'm glad to see a little better distribution of shots tonight although I'd still like to see 3-4 more of those 79 shots come from our bigs. Lance still played too many minutes but I really don't see Vogel changing much with that. Nice to see another win against a very possible 2cd round oponent.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Not bad, but those four turnovers were Sam Young-esque.
    Eh. The first wouldn't have been a turnover if he hadn't been passing to Ian. I don't remember the others, so I can't say much about them. Yes, I'd like to see him decrease the turnovers, but he's hardly the only one on the team with that problem.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

One small complaint is I dont think Lance should be playing 35+ mpg in a game like this, especially on with a game tomorrow
    Paul George for 3!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    One small complaint is I dont think Lance should be playing 35+ mpg in a game like this, especially on with a game tomorrow
    It's hard to limit his minutes since he plays with the 2nd unit thus he is on the court at the start of the 4th quarter. Every other starter is on the bench to start the 4th so in double digit wins Vogel can just sit them till he needs them, but with Lance he is a 2nd unit player so Vogel would have to roll the dice at the 8-6 minute mark in the 4th that the game is over to give Lance any additional rest. Lance will basically hardly if ever get a low minute game because of this.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    The play didn't work though. Hill just made a well contested shot.
    Literally the first time the play didn't work as designed, and yet we still got a bucket. Love that weave!

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Budenholzer sure has no ****s to give with his rotations sometimes. Korver continues to become a more complete player every year, and so tan. The Hawks are a driving team, and Lance and CJ were happy to oblige. Poor OJ. Only 13 turnovers.

Ian Report: He was pretty good, though the blocks on Teague's broken, depressive shots shouldn't have counted. If it weren't for garbage minutes, Mahinmi would have shot worse than everyone. Glad he got the and-1, dunks are always good for the ol' confidence. He was active enough against a sloppy Hawks effort to pick up the steals and blocks. I actually thought he was a little late on some screens and clear-outs on the offensive end. Felt like a hangover game for both teams. 'B'

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

It seems like 75% of our stupid turnovers come from trying to feed Roy in the post.

Also, watching the game I thought "Paul George hasn't missed a free throw in a while" then looked it up on basketball reference and he's 1.000 from the line in February.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    The play didn't work though. Hill just made a well contested shot.
    True. But the fact that Vogel was no longer willing to just let his star player play a game of dribble, dribble, shoot to me is progress. He called a timeout to stop that crap, and by doing so, let them know that getting a score was important. It's true that it was a well contested shot. But just as importantly, it is important that someone else other than Paul George took it... and that the shot was made.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Korver continues to become a more complete player every year, and so tan.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I got to go to this one. And that first quarter was fun. Then we got lazy in the second. Granger was throwing passes to the Hawks, Ian couldn't guard a snowflake in July, and Lou Williams did his best interpreation of Marcus-Wilson-Thorton-Changler-Gerald-Jamal-Green-Crawford. Thank goodness that only lasted one quarter.

I showed up really early and saw Bynum warming up. From 10 rows up he looked leaner than I expected. I hope he looks meaner as well. At one point on the bench a crew member brought him a cup of brown liquid. I hoped it was coffee, or Coke Zero. I am fearful that it was Jack and Coke. Just kidding about that....

Roy and Ian had some healthy banter with Bynum. He peeked his head in the huddle far more than I expected. And he was more engaged than TJ Ford when he dressed in his jeans and overcoat. Which isn't saying much.

In the first half I was worried about Ian. He has played **** poor since the Andrew signing. My expectations of Ian is not the same as most of you. So I say this in perspective. Ian played worse than Rasho Nestorvich with hemorrhoids. He was slow, sealed like a school girl, and couldn't handle a pass. When he went to the bench with 7 minutes to play I was so worried that Ian was done for the season. Roy, Butler, and Nate all came over to him while Andrew Bynum was half in the huddle and half looking at Ian like a damaged squirrel that just fell out of a tree. I really thought Bynum was going to pour his coffee/coke/Jack Daniels on him to see if Ian would react to it. Maybe that is what happened in the locker room. David West slapped his throat and said, "we need you, this isn't a French ballet".

Because in the second half Ian played like we needed him to. He was tipping balls, running full court transition defense, and guarding the paint better than Roy has in 3 weeks. Well at least he jumped higher than Roy has in three weeks. That dunk in the second half was mammoth.

Couple Ian's play with Granger and Watson finally hitting shots and this game was finally over.

Vogel finally got the memo that you don't put your starters in up 20 in the fourth on the front end of a back to back.

And I know you all have commented on West destroying Milsap. There were some here wanting us to let West go to pick up Milsap. Tsk. Tsk. When West game back in the second quater, Milsap hung his head lower than rabbi at a bat mitzah. Folks we have four All-Stars. And if we win it this year and play like this the start of next year. We will pull a Pistons and have 4 All-Stars.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    It seems like 75% of our stupid turnovers come from trying to feed Roy in the post.

Also, watching the game I thought "Paul George hasn't missed a free throw in a while" then looked it up on basketball reference and he's 1.000 from the line in February.
    I didn't catch this game but that's not what I'm seeing with the turnovers. I'm just seeing general carelessness in on the passers part. Lance trying a circus play or trying to guess which way a player is going to move. Paul just trying to pass a little too quickly and not finding the right path for the ball, ect. I haven't seen any one recipient being the cause of a turnover more then another although Ian has looked bad in catching anything.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Saturday in Milwaukee would have been the better option.... wink wink.
    I'll be at that game, can't wait!

We looked like an old Ferrari being started for the first time in several years last night. There was a lot of smoke, a lot of coughing, a few failed starts, and then boom that beautiful, beautiful noise.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    We looked like an old Ferrari being started for the first time in several years last night. There was a lot of smoke, a lot of coughing, a few failed starts, and then boom that beautiful, beautiful noise.
    When we started out with 3 turnovers I rolled my eyes and thought that this was going to be a horrible game.

Then Paul George abused the Hawks.

Mood

I will be honest. In the first half I looked at Elton Brand and thought that Danny was going to be the next Elton Brand. A star who is a limited role player, that gets abused by younger players.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Korver continues to become a more complete player every year, and so tan.
    You know, I think the growth of Korver as a player has been a pretty fantastic storyline that many don't even acknowledge. He's gone from a spot up 3 point shooter to a damn good offensive player. And he's the best shooter in the league, from anywhere. And while he's not great defender, he does put in the effort at least.

The guy has clearly worked his *** off in the NBA and he's become a very good NBA player. Also crazy he has been in the league for 11 years. If I could get my hands on a Korver 76ers jersey I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    You know, I think the growth of Korver as a player has been a pretty fantastic storyline that many don't even acknowledge. He's gone from a spot up 3 point shooter to a damn good offensive player. And he's the best shooter in the league, from anywhere. And while he's not great defender, he does put in the effort at least.

The guy has clearly worked his *** off in the NBA and he's become a very good NBA player. Also crazy he has been in the league for 11 years. If I could get my hands on a Korver 76ers jersey I would buy it in a heartbeat.
    Even more crazy that he decided to resign with Atlanta, who is realistically going nowhere right now, very much a team in transition trying to rebuild on the fly. When he could of had his pick of any contender.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    I will be honest. In the first half I looked at Elton Brand and thought that Danny was going to be the next Elton Brand. A star who is a limited role player, that gets abused by younger players.
    Brand's still really good. But he's a 6'8" guy that they're playing at center, which makes it harder for him.

Enjoy your time at PD!