Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacers / Hawks Post Game Thread - 2/18

Sports Logo

Default Pacers / Hawks Post Game Thread - 2/18

The Pacers continues to get the proverbial "Monkey" off their backs....by beating the Hawks.....this time at Home.

Good game by all.

Totally OT....I love that after every Post Game interview by PG24 that he ends the interview with a shout out to his Mom and Dad.

Thoughts?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Pacers / Hawks Post Game Thread - 2/18

The Hawks have disappointed me. I thought they'd be better this season. That said, I hope we avoid them in the playoffs due to Korver and Antic.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I said it in the What's Wrong/What's Your Fix thread and I'll say it again. Nothing is wrong the only thing that was wrong was that MVP PG played awful the previous 10 games. I think people started forgetting just how great we are when we have MVP PG on our side. WELCOME BACK MVP VERSION OF PAUL GEORGE!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Hawks have disappointed me. I thought they'd be better this season. That said, I hope we avoid them in the playoffs due to Korver and Antic.
    They lost Horford. That can't be ignored.
    @qandrews9428

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VideoVandal View Post
    I said it in the What's Wrong/What's Your Fix thread and I'll say it again. Nothing is wrong the only thing that was wrong was that MVP PG played awful the previous 10 games. I think people started forgetting just how great we are when we have MVP PG on our side. WELCOME BACK MVP VERSION OF PAUL GEORGE!!!
    Well he had one good game. We will see if the trend continues.
    @qandrews9428

For all the flack Danny was getting in the game thread, he did go 3 of 6 for 9 points.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    They lost Horford. That can't be ignored.
    That's fair. I didn't think they were too hot with him either, though. In this conference, they should have gotten a better start on the season than they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    For all the flack Danny was getting in the game thread, he did go 3 of 6 for 9 points.
    Not bad, but those four turnovers were Sam Young-esque.

Quote Originally Posted by VideoVandal View Post
    Nothing is wrong the only thing that was wrong was that MVP PG played awful the previous 10 games.
    That sentence contradicts itself.

As the OP on that thread, it really wasn't meant to be problems that will cost us a title. Just a thread so the frustrated masses on here could talk about the recent issues the team was facing and discuss possible solutions.

Good game by all, got the old PG back!

One thing that is going a little but unnoticed is George Hill's big increase in his apg recently (at least I believe he has, I dont have stats but it seems like he has been racking up the assists recently) 9 pts and 7 assts tonight. Lance of course did his thing going for 13 pts 7 assts and 5 boards

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    That sentence contradicts itself.

As the OP on that thread, it really wasn't meant to be problems that will cost us a title. Just a thread so the frustrated masses on here could talk about the recent issues the team was facing and discuss possible solutions.
    You're right you can't have a terrible 10 game stretch and be an MVP candidate which is why he no longer is......but you also can't expect him to keep shooting in the low 30 percents. I shouldn't have said the MVP PG because that hope and dream died after the first month of the season cooled down. I should have said the Superstar PG came back. These performances were a regularity at the beginning of the year for him and for whatever reason, slump, shot selection, being too aggressive, he started shooting and playing terrible but people were comparing the beginning of the year team with the current team in that thread. The only thing that did change over the last few weeks and how great we were at the beginning of the year was the play of PG (and the bench was brutally bad that 10 game stretch too), so let's hope the terrible PG we saw during that 10 game stretch is officially over with.

Mood

Well he had one good game. We will see if the trend continues.
    I think he was a bit worn out. PG has been pretty great when he's fresh and tends to slump when we have a prolonged string of games with lots of back to backs. I'm not worried that he'll produce in the pos for that reason and expect that he'll finish strong post asb. It's not that surprising considering how much emphasis he puts on playing 2 sides of the ball relative t9 most other stars.

Super impressed with Ian. With Ian, it's a matter of timing. You concede offense, but he really just needs to hold his own on defense. He has the physical skillset. He just too often lacks timing on rotations, on challenges. Tonight, his timing was perfect. If he could consistently do that, he wouldn't have to sweat losing any minutes to Bynum unless the team REALLY needed a scoring threat at the 5 with Hibbert out for whatever reason.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Good 'nuf.

NEXT !!

Mood

Nice game, let's win tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    Nice game, let's win tomorrow!
    This. Not much else to say

21. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

The demeanor of the team was good not the same whiny attitude and lance seemed really focused. He didn't showboat after good plays like he normally does. Just seemed as a whole a more focused team IMO

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    He wasn't playing well the first 3 quarters, but did play much better in the fourth which, if you extend it to the last second shot in the third, is where he scored all of his points.

Our bench bent tonight, but they didn't break.

Gave up a huge lead but never really let the Hawks truly back into the game. Always did enough to keep a bit of distance.

This isn't an excuse for them, I grant you. They played pretty poorly for large stretches. BUT, they held them off, and at the end of the day that's all we need.

PG is PG again, although he missed more shots as the game went on. Ian was fantastic, Danny was hitting some looks as well.

Good first effort back for the Pacers against a foe that has been known to be a pest to us.

Now it's time to take our Tough Pills(TM) and beat the Wolves tomorrow (Man I wish I wasn't broke, I live 30 minutes from Target Center now... )

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    Our bench bent tonight, but they didn't break.

Gave up a huge lead but never really let the Hawks truly back into the game. Always did enough to keep a bit of distance.

This isn't an excuse for them, I grant you. They played pretty poorly for large stretches. BUT, they held them off, and at the end of the day that's all we need.

You can get in the door for $6. Sit lower level for $20. Really cheap tickets.I would go.

PG is PG again, although he missed more shots as the game went on. Ian was fantastic, Danny was hitting some looks as well.

Good first effort back for the Pacers against a foe that has been known to be a pest to us.

Now it's time to take our Tough Pills(TM) and beat the Wolves tomorrow (Man I wish I wasn't broke, I live 30 minutes from Target Center now... )

You can get in the door for $6. Sit lower level for $20. Really cheap tickets.I would go.
    @qandrews9428

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    (Man I wish I wasn't broke, I live 30 minutes from Target Center now... )
    Saturday in Milwaukee would have been the better option.... wink wink.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Believe me, I am tempted. Let me put it this way, "Broke" was the wrong term to use. We aren't broke. We simply have every dollar coming in budgeted and accounted for elsewhere. So it's not really feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Saturday in Milwaukee would have been the better option.... wink wink.
    I know! I know!!! I am going to be out of state on a business trip this ONE time... Ugh, just awful timing. I'm genuinely really bummed.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

What I liked was finally seeing The Pacers / Vogel take and end of quarter possession seriously. Paul George was doing his dribble the clock down routine at the end of the half, so Vogel calls a timeout to set up a play. The Pacers use their weave, Lance goes for the drive to attract defenders, and Hill hits the three. We left over 4 seconds on the game clock, and were able to get the stop.

I'm happy. Now, if we would just follow this example for all of our end of quarter possessions, that would be great by me.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    What I liked was finally seeing The Pacers / Vogel take and end of quarter possession seriously. Paul George was doing his dribble the clock down routine at the end of the half, so Vogel calls a timeout to set up a play. The Pacers use their weave, Lance goes for the drive to attract defenders, and Hill hits the three. We left over 4 seconds on the game clock, and were able to get the stop.

I'm happy. Now, if we would just follow this example for all of our end of quarter possessions, that would be great by me.
    The play didn't work though. Hill just made a well contested shot.
    @qandrews9428

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

I think our team's defensive work on Milsap has been absolutely outstanding. He's been held to 6 FGs in 31 FGA over the 3 meetings. For a guy who is averaging 17.6 PPG, that is huge and absolutely great work.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post: