Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

It was for Evan Turner

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

We have Evan Turner

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

I made a thread for it if you guys want to hop over there.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Somebody has to go from the Pacers, since they're max roster, would assume OJ maybe?
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Gimp just passed the eff out right now

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow.

We definitely win this trade.

Thanks to the captain. Feel sorry for the dude.
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months.

https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

For Evan Turner and Lavoy Allen

Allen and Turner are both expirings, so the Pacers keep their flexibility this summer. Good move.

If Lance commands too much money, Turner is solid backup option. Certainly better than losing Lance for nothing or retaining Granger.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aw Heck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Anybody got any info on Lavoy Allen? Strengths/weaknesses?

Sports Logo

Who is going with Granger to the airport?

We are at 15 Players...so that means it has to be a 2 for 2 deal.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Anybody got any info on Lavoy Allen? Strengths/weaknesses?
    I think that he's a Big Man...in the same vain as Chuck Hayes type of guy. No offense...but more of a Garbage Big Man.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

There has to be more going to the Sixers...maybe one of the two 2nd round picks?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Who is going with Granger to the airport?

We are at 15 Players...so that means it has to be a 2 for 2 deal.
    We just cut Allen I am assuming. Saved a ton of money in this deal. This gives us insurance if Lance leaves I love this deal. I don't know what Philly is doing. Turner has been bad latley, but early in the year he was playing like an all-star. I think he quit on his team which isn't good, but understandable with how they are rebuilding in Philly.

Evan Turner didn't live up to #2 pick but he has been pretty good this year

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Gimp just passed the eff out right now
    Nah lol. But I said earlier, the deadline never ends at 3PM. Pacers and Sixers had submitted paperwork to the league office at 2:50 possibly. They made sure there'd be no OJ Mayo screw ups. As long as calls and paperwork were in before 3pm EST...the league gives you an extension to complete the deal.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I know, it's jsut a business, but it does kind of suck.
    I'm with you. It sucks for Granger. But the naivety is astounding. I'm sure Granger isn't shocked.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    I'm with you. It sucks for Granger. But the naivety is astounding. I'm sure Granger isn't shocked.
    Oh yeah, I'm sure he was prepped for this. And I'm not surprised we did it, but was hoping he could at least go to a slightly better team.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not seeing anyone around here being naive about it. Disappointed, in some cases, but no one is acting shocked at anything other than the last-minute of it, I think.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Not seeing anyone around here being naive about it. Disappointed, in some cases, but no one is acting shocked at anything other than the last-minute of it, I think.
    I'm speaking more of the naivety from before when any potential Granger trades were discussed. People thought Bird and the Pacers' front office somehow owed it to him to keep him here for the push for a title. They owed him nothing. As evidenced by this trade.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm speaking more of the naivety from before when any potential Granger trades were discussed. People thought Bird and the Pacers' front office somehow owed it to him to keep him here for the push for a title. They owed him nothing. As evidenced by this trade.
    I wouldn't confuse wishful thinking for naivety.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Lavoy Allen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR19dJIjQr8

^This is from last March. He is better than Ian already! He can shoot! Kid has D. West range. Also seems to have better post moves and hands than Ian. D. Aldridge also said he lit up Boston in a playoff series between the two at one point.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love the Evan Turner pickup for the Pacers:

http://goo.gl/NCmwVB

Very basic, raw numbers but they speak to his versatility. Indy got something for nothing for Granger and I think it was a great deal.

Hey Salary Guys! What does it cost the Pacers in fines if we keep 16 players until March 2nd then cut Bynum?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Lavoy Allen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR19dJIjQr8

^This is from last March. He is better than Ian already! He can shoot! Kid has D. West range. Also seems to have better post moves and hands than Ian. D. Aldridge also said he lit up Boston in a playoff series between the two at one point.
    The form on his shot, especially the form on his jumpshot/position of his feet, is abysmal. D.West range in 1 (one) game. And who doesn't have better hands than Ian? Anyone not named Ian playing ball with mittens on.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Looks like Big Baby Davis will be in a Heat uni soon.

And Danny will be heading home for the Clippers.

Just predicting.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."