Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand how DC might get the Clippers Shumpert...stupid for the Knicks
    Have you watched Shumpert this year?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    I knew this was suppose to be a slow trade deadline, but this has been worse than I imagined. I'd rather play naked Twister with the Golden Girls than sit through another deadline like today.
    oh god!

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Letting Scola go would clear up roughly $4+ mil in Salary Cap space ( he's owed $900k guaranteed if he is let go ).....so we're looking at having roughly $10.5 mil in Capspace....but we'd still have to sign 3 Players ( 2 of which would be at the Veteran's minimum )...including Lance...so that would mean having about $9+ mil that can go to Lance?

NOTE - I'm spitballing here...someone would have to run more accurate #s for me.

The main thing to make out of this is that the Pacers would clear $4+ mil in Capspace...which IMHO makes a big difference.
    So the tax kicks in next July, 2015, correct? So we'd have a year to shed some contracts to get back under the luxury tax threshold. I could see Bird telling Simon that what we spend on Lance to go over, we'll get under by next July.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Have you watched Shumpert this year?
    honestly no, was basing off of last season...but DC is not great either....

3:00

And that's all she wrote!

Sorry to disappoint, those who thought we'd actually make a move
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post

Damn, just gave him away.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    And that's all she wrote!

Sorry to disappoint, those who thought we'd actually make a move

Well deals could still happen. As long as the two parties called into the league office before 3PM to alert them of a trade being worked on, they're granted an extension. So at 4:30, things will truly be over.

Fart noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Well deals could still happen. As long as the two parties called into the league office before 3PM to alert them of a trade being worked on, they're granted an extension. So at 4:30, things will truly be over.

It's over

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Grimp's life has suddenly lost all meaning.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post

Championship move....
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

And we heard him exclaim as he rode out of sight, Merry Grimpmas to all and to all a good night!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

@WojYahooNBA

San Antonio has traded Nando De Colo to the Toronto Raptors for Austin Daye, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

CHAMPIONSHIP MOVE BABY!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Boring day.

Well, if they didn't make a late move, it's time to alter the bench. Maybe give Solo a chance and bench Granger.

And nothing exciting happens, rosters are set, time to go for the full haul, lets see if Pacers can regroup to earlier ways.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MyFavMartin View Post
    So the tax kicks in next July, 2015, correct? So we'd have a year to shed some contracts to get back under the luxury tax threshold. I could see Bird telling Simon that what we spend on Lance to go over, we'll get under by next July.
    Yes....they can do that.

But what do you think the asking price is going to be for a Trade Exception for Team that is desperate to get under the 2014-2015 LT on the last day of the February 2015 Trade Deadline?

My guess is the asking price will start at Solo+Multiple 1st round picks....if not higher.

That's my concern and why I have been pushing so hard to dump Copeland now...as opposed to later.......the asking price to dump his contract IMHO went up from the two 2nd round picks to something much higher ( 1st round picks + $$$$ ? ).

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

I've never quite understood why the trade deadline should be made to be exciting. If the league is healthy, teams shouldn't be feeling they have to make major moves in February.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

22. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    Boring day.
    Lol oh you with your jokes

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    You're still holding out hope, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I've never quite understood why the trade deadline should be made to be exciting. If the league is healthy, teams shouldn't be feeling they have to make major moves in February.
    You're never going to have a league where all 30 teams are healthy and you shouldn't. In the NBA more than any other adding one or two guys can change your outlook, it used to really differentiate NBA trade deadline from other leagues. Now they've gone too far the other way. Baseball has the most exciting deadline now. NBA is like the NFL.

Sports Logo

So what now Grimp?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I don't think the League is that healthy.....I think that there were plenty of Teams that wanted to dump their overpaid contracts for Players that don't appear to be working out.

This doesn't necessarily have to do with Major Impact Players....just attempted moves to clear bad contracts.

You can look at the Kings dumping Thornton and his $8+mil a year / 2 year contract for 2 Players that will likely be bought out. You can see the Cavs trying to dump Jarrett Jack and his $6+ mil a year / 3 year contract. The Cavs and Kings discussed moving Jack to the Kings...but that fell through cuz the Cavs didn't want to take Jason Thompson's overpaid long-term contract and couldn't ( surprise ) find a taker.

I assume ( but more hope ) that Bird was trying to find a taker for Copeland.....but my guess is that there were no takers...cuz no one wants to take on salary beyond this season. That's the thread that I see here.....Teams want to clear unwanted long-term salary but other Teams didn't want to them on cuz Teams are very cost-conscious now.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    So what now Grimp?
    Hypothetical changes to the rotations, to get our shooters on the court.