Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

I just don't see how we realistically get Deng. I'd love to have him. And if we were able yo trade Cope, I'd even give up our first round pick. But I just don't think Cleveland wants Granger/Cope/30th pick.

Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm really surprised PHX isn't finding a way to get something done.
    Yeah....either they are really cheap or really inept. They have a million 1st round picks...something that every team is asking for....and they can't find some deal to get it done?

Geez...I'd send their lowest 1st round pick to the Cavs for Deng at the very least as a rental for a deeper Playoff push. They can get virtually any Player on the block now with a 1st round pick and they do nothing?
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-20-2014 at 02:34 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Why move him? We can let him go in the offseason for no cost
    To get something for him, to get something out of the two first rounders we traded.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I just don't see how we realistically get Deng. I'd love to have him. And if we were able yo trade Cope, I'd even give up our first round pick. But I just don't think Cleveland wants Granger/Cope/30th pick.
    Yeah...I admit that Granger/Copeland/30th pick looks like a poo-poo platter now....but that poo-poo platter may look like filet mignon when it's 2:30pm EST and the best offer that they got is some 2nd round picks.

I know....wishful thinking.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    To get something for him, to get something out of the two first rounders we traded.
    Unless Bird had every intention of letting him go at the end of the season.....I don't see why Bird even consider moving him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    I think he means credible rumors, i.e., those reported by people like Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc Stein, not acne-prone basement dwellers on Twitter.
    Some individuals cannot help the complexion of their skin!

Having Deng aboard, acquainted with the team and the city, would be a good insurance move in case Lance bolts in the offseason. If Lance leaves, we simply try to re-sign Luol and maintain an elite talent level.
    Wouldn't that be nice.

I've never understood why the trade deadline doesn't run to 5pm too. I mean 3pm EST is only noon on the west coast.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Would Gilbert hate LeBron enough to send Deng to us for Granger straight up to improve Indy's chance of knocking off the King?

I'm curious, if we let go of Scola after this season, how much money could we throw at Lance?

Having Deng aboard, acquainted with the team and the city, would be a good insurance move in case Lance bolts in the offseason. If Lance leaves, we simply try to re-sign Luol and maintain an elite talent level.
    Or it gives us a palatable option if we decide we don't want to pay Lance and his increasingly worrisome behavior between $9-12 million annually. This is going to be an extremely unpopular statement, but at this point I think I'd rather roll the dice on 4 years of Luol Deng signed to big money as opposed to Lance. I would strongly consider offering Cleveland a Granger/Orlando/protected future first rounder for Deng.

Edit: And this is coming from someone who probably places more value on first round picks than the rest of us. I think with the way our FO has drafted and the very real constraints of the luxury tax, having young, possibly productive guys locked in for four years at a low salary is paramount for maintaining our status as contenders.
    Last edited by cdash; 02-20-2014 at 02:51 PM.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I've never understood why the trade deadline doesn't run to 5pm too. I mean 3pm EST is only noon on the west coast.
    Or just end the thing at midnight. I've never been clear on that either.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBA 34s
    Denver has traded Jordan Hamilton to Houston for Aaron Brooks, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

It's truly been a day of blockbusters. The shape of the NBA has been changed forever.

Denver has traded Jordan Hamilton to Houston for Aaron Brooks, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

It's truly been a day of blockbusters. The shape of the NBA has been changed forever.

LOL! I guess all that talk with the Knicks was just a smoke screen? Hoopshype says Wizards have discussed Ariza for Deng trade. I think Indy's package of Danny and maybe Scola and a pick is better. IF that's what Bird is offering.

Sports Logo

I'm curious, if we let go of Scola after this season, how much money could we throw at Lance?
    Letting Scola go would clear up roughly $4+ mil in Salary Cap space ( he's owed $900k guaranteed if he is let go ).....so we're looking at having roughly $10.5 mil in Capspace....but we'd still have to sign 3 Players ( 2 of which would be at the Veteran's minimum )...including Lance...so that would mean having about $9+ mil that can go to Lance?

NOTE - I'm spitballing here...someone would have to run more accurate #s for me.

The main thing to make out of this is that the Pacers would clear $4+ mil in Capspace...which IMHO makes a big difference.

My guess and it is just a guess. The NBA doesn't want to be approving trades into the night. My understanding is all you have to do is get a trade into the league office by 3, but if the league office gets 10 trades all at 2:59 - they cannot possibly approve them within a couple of hours. So lets say it takes 3 hours to approve those 10 trades, that would be 6. Where as if the trade deadline went until 9 or mignight, then they are approving trades until midnight ot 3 AM.

I have a vague memory of the trade deadline being at 6 a few years ago and before that at different times

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

NBA trade deadline incentive.

If you make a trade you get get half a million of extra on the Luxury Tax threshold, bottom salary cap, or salary cap.

This would be the busiest trade deadline ever.

Was there a rumor Indy was exploring trading Scola?

Sports Logo

LOL.....I guess the Knicks lost out on Jordan Hamilton.

Sports Logo

Was there a rumor Indy was exploring trading Scola?
    Other than the ones here by a certain someone? Nope.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    My guess and it is just a guess. The NBA doesn't want to be approving trades into the night. My understanding is all you have to do is get a trade into the league office by 3, but if the league office gets 10 trades all at 2:59 - they cannot possibly approve them within a couple of hours. So lets say it takes 3 hours to approve those 10 trades, that would be 6. Where as if the trade deadline went until 9 or mignight, then they are approving trades until midnight ot 3 AM.

I have a vague memory of the trade deadline being at 6 a few years ago and before that at different times
    Ehh......it's one night a year.....get the NBA Trade commissioner some Starbucks gift card for some coffee. I'll even buy them some beer....work late night for once....geez...it's not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Ehh......it's one night a year.....get the NBA Trade commissioner some Starbucks gift card for some coffee. I'll even buy them some beer....work late night for once....geez...it's not hard.
    NBA brass drinking Starbucks.......now that's ironic if you get my drift....

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Nope....I don't. Like usual....I am

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    EVERY TIME IN MY DREAMS, I SEE YOU, I FEEL YOU

EDIT: God that picture is depressing. Poor Sonics fans.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

TJ beat me to it.
    Last edited by Eindar; 02-20-2014 at 03:09 PM.