Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

** Actual Trade News **

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

** Actual Trade Rumor **

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ** Actual Trade Rumor **

I'd love JT backing up Roy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    We just signed Bynum...

and Thompson is more of a PF than a center

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    We just signed Bynum...

and Thompson is more of a PF than a center

You're right. Would be a good time to move Scola though. For Thompson.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dude all you want to do is make trades. Thompson ****ing sucks. Do you watch these guys? Honestly. You thought CJ Watson was left handed until you were corrected about three games ago.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Mood

Yeah this stuff is getting kind of annoying Grimp. You just want to make a trade just for the sake of making a trade. This team is basically as complete as a team can get in the NBA. Look at our record. We don't need a trade. Ugh so ready for the deadline to pass.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dude, Jason Thompson is owed something like $25 million over the next couple of years.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can't wait for this deadline to pass...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Ignore User feature is tremendously useful in threads like this one.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

**** that, Grimp is the best.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LeRyan07 View Post
    ill take Steve blake over watson. He can ball
    Are you kidding? the last time Steve Blake did anything of note would have been 09 or 08
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The 76ers apparently aren't getting any first-round pick trade offers for Evan Turner and are preparing to accept an offer for a 2nd rounder instead. I don't understand why teams with picks projected later than top-10 in the upcoming draft (or future drafts) aren't in a battle royale to trade for this kid. He'd probably be a top-5 or at the worst, a top-10 pick if he was in this year's draft... what's that saying, "A bird in the hand is worth two in a bush?" Reminds me of this Family Guy episode:

I would absolutely trade a first-rounder for Turner... ironically, the Mavericks are a team that could really use him, as their second unit struggles to score when Dirk goes to the bench... and they're one of only a handful of teams that doesn't have a pick to trade right now. If Philly is really willing to take a 2nd-round pick for him, and my Mavs don't call them immediately and offer an expiring contract and their 2nd rounder from Boston... I'm going to be pissed when someone like San Antonio or Phoenix steals him away.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Evan Turner is terrible.

Why do people always think someone is good just by looking at there draft position.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Sports Logo

You should really familairize yourself with http://data.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/ to see what Players actually earn.

There are a multitude of Players that I am sure that you'd love to have on the Pacers....but there are about a million more reasons ( mainly due to Salary Cap implications ) why they would not be a good fit for the Pacers.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    Evan Turner is terrible.

Why do people always think someone is good just by looking at there draft position.
    If he can be had for a 2nd round pick and an expiring....even as a rental.....that would be worth the risk if not minimal investment.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    Evan Turner is terrible.

Do you really think that is what I did? Seriously, that's just lame, brother. He's shown flashes of brilliance and while his shooting efficiency isn't great, he has a diverse offensive skillset and was killing it earlier this season. He's just miscast in the 1st/2nd scoring option role in Philly. Make him your 4th option as a starter or your sixth man and he'd thrive... especially in a case like I mentioned above, playing next to someone like Dirk. The Sixers just don't have anyone remotely as talented on their roster.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's not terrible. He can't shoot with range, and turns the ball over way more than he should, but he's also got strengths.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I really like Evan Turner's game but Zach Lowe wrote this on Grantland before the season and I can't disagree:

I’m not sure there’s a player in the league with a bigger gap between style and substance. Turner looks fantastic. He’s got a nifty herky-jerky game full of crossovers, behind-the-back dribbles, abrupt pull-ups, and spins that dazzle when they work. But they too often go almost literally nowhere. Turner puts a lot of aesthetically pleasing effort into moving from 20 to 18 feet away from the basket, but the result is usually a contested midrange jumper.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Yeah, I think Turner can be better than what he's shown so far, but it's hard to disagree that he hasn't shown much yet. Still, a late 1st (like the one we gave up for Scola) for Turner would seem like good value. If the Sixers can only get a second for him, well as they say it's a buyer's market right now. Too bad we've spent our wad already.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Yeah, I think Turner can be better than what he's shown so far, but it's hard to disagree that he hasn't shown much yet. Still, a late 1st (like the one we gave up for Scola) for Turner would seem like good value. If the Sixers can only get a second for him, well as they say it's a buyer's market right now. Too bad we've spent our wad already.
    It's time to 100% admit we overpaid for Scola. Dumping Green's 3.5 mil has value, I'm not discounting that, but that's negated if we don't cut Scola loose. Neither Plums or Green was working out here, and the deal doesn't come close to happening w/o including Plumlee, but giving them our pick was too much. It's not going to kill our chances or anything, but it was a blunder.

Well if we want Jimmer, it won't cost much...

@WojYahooNBA

Kings still shopping Jimmer Fredette, unable to find deal for him so far, league sources tell Yahoo. A 2014 second-round pick could get him.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

we have 15 players under contract, they'd have to take somebody back for him to fit.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hawes to cavs for 2 second round picks
    Impossible Is Nothing

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Romsey31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    we have 15 players under contract, they'd have to take somebody back for him to fit.
    Yes, was simply pointing out that his value doesn't seem too high
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post: