Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, of course we would all love that, but there's no ****ing way Cleveland does that. Danny+Solo+1st rounder probably still isn't enough.
    Really? I'd think they'd have the paperwork faxed over on that deal before you finished the sentence. He has ZERO value to them, and since he's not going to commit to signing a long term deal with anyone, he has low value elsewhere. They're just looking to get something out of him.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Karlton For This Useful Post:

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    We can't afford the extra $ next year. Would have to trade Cope or Mahinmi.
    But keeping Orlando will still cost us money. But if we move Cope in a Deng deal, then the Neal deal makes sense and doesn't hurt us.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Karlton View Post
    Really? I'd think they'd have the paperwork faxed over on that deal before you finished the sentence. He has ZERO value to them, and since he's not going to commit to signing a long term deal with anyone, he has low value elsewhere. They're just looking to get something out of him.
    Cleveland still thinks they can make the freaking playoffs. Who knows what the hell they are doing? If they are still thinking they can make a playoff run (they have won like 5 straight), then Deng absolutely has value for them.

Edit: Yeah, they have won 5 straight since firing Chris Grant and are taking Orlando to the cleaners tonight. They are 3 games behind the mighty Bobcats for the 8th seed in the East. With Anthony Bennett showing signs of life, who knows? They could sneak in.
    Last edited by cdash; 02-19-2014 at 09:05 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    He said for the season and for that I say I doubt it, don't believe it.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Wage View Post
    Living in Chicago, I had no choice but to watch him play. As to your shooting comparison, AND LEAVING OUT THE CLEVELAND ABERATION:

For the season Deng WAS at 45.2% from the field, Paul George is at 43.8% and Danny is at an impressive 36.4%.

All while being a top 5 wing defender in the NBA.

Cleveland still thinks they can make the freaking playoffs. Who knows what the hell they are doing? If they are still thinking they can make a playoff run (they have won like 5 straight), then Deng absolutely has value for them.
    The way Charlotte is rolling, I don't see Cleveland making the playoffs. Also Waiters just went down with a hyper-extended knee.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Wage View Post
    Nope.
    It isn't even his shooting that would be an improvement. His movement and cutting alone would help us so much.

But like Cdash stated I doubt they give him away just to give him away. That would hurt them in future negotiations with teams around the league IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    The way Charlotte is rolling, I don't see Cleveland making the playoffs. Also Waiters just went down with a hyper-extended knee.
    Cleveland doesn't give a **** what you or I think about their playoff chances. Dan Gilbert was hell bent on making the playoffs this year. It's still realistic. Dion Waiters going down could be addition by subtraction with how ****** of a teammate he apparently is.

Also, I wouldn't call Charlotte "rolling". They are 5-5 in their past 10 games and have a currently winning streak of 1 whole game.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why would Cleveland take 99% of these proposed deals? Our 1st round draft pick isn't tempting at all. The Pacers aren't going to give up multiple firsts. Granger and the 30th pick in the draft aren't bring Deng here.

Cleveland doesn't give a **** what you or I think about their playoff chances. Dan Gilbert was hell bent on making the playoffs this year. It's still realistic. Dion Waiters going down could be addition by subtraction with how ****** of a teammate he apparently is.

Also, I wouldn't call Charlotte "rolling". They are 5-5 in their past 10 games and have a currently winning streak of 1 whole game.

Gotta face reality at some point though. I doubt they'll leap frog Detroit, and Charlotte. And fend off the Knicks but, we'll see.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    It isn't even his shooting that would be an improvement. His movement and cutting alone would help us so much.

But like Cdash stated I doubt they give him away just to give him away. That would hurt them in future negotiations with teams around the league IMO.
    Oh I agree. He is so good at getting his own shot and cutting to the basket. And again, not to mention his impressive defensive skills. I was merely trying to point out that his FG% this year has not been bad, and is in fact better than Paul George's.

No need to discuss this to death, as I agree there is no chance Cleveland deals him for scrap parts.

Gotta face reality at some point though. I doubt they'll leap frog Detroit, and Charlotte. And fend off the Knicks but, we'll see.
    I agree that I don't think they make the playoffs. I think there's a better chance the Knicks jump them, Charlotte holds them off, and Detroit (who is currently in 9th place in the East) pulls their talent together and sneaks in. But they have until tomorrow to face reality regarding Deng. Right now, there's enough hope for them.

man i think we have all the pieces we need for a championship. I believe come playoff time Granger will contribute and help us off the bench. His shooting will improve. But Luol Deng is a really good player. I always kind of hated him cause he played for Chicago lol. But i respect his game. I would trade Granger for Deng if it is possible. We are only going to use him as a rental anyway so i see why not. Miami will not be us if we pick up Deng. The Pacers will win their first championship this year.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the Pacers could get Deng for Danny/OJ/1st, it's worth it this year even if he doesn't re-sign. Championship windows are so small, when you are as close as Indy is this year, you have to roll the dice with those kind of deals that might put you over the top.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    If the Pacers could get Deng for Danny/OJ/1st, it's worth it this year even if he doesn't re-sign. Championship windows are so small, when you are as close as Indy is this year, you have to roll the dice with those kind of deals that might put you over the top.
    I think we might have closed a deal already for Gary Neal. Just a feeling.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articl..._neal/15819785

Says in an article below that one, Bucks are awaiting a team to advance towards completion of a deal. Interesting. Seems like there's a deal, but someone just has to give the greenlight for paperwork to go through.
    Last edited by Grimp; 02-19-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Well all wasn't well in Chicago or he would still be there, the dude is only 27, 28 yrs. old and has plenty of game left (good or bad).
    With Rose blowing out his knee, Bulls went in rebuild mode. Unfornately, Thibodeau is too good of a coach and the East as a whole is pretty bad.

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

I kinda doubt we're the team going hard for Neal.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:

** Actual Trade News **

I think we might have closed a deal already for Gary Neal. Just a feeling.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articl..._neal/15819785

Says in an article below that one, Bucks are awaiting a team to advance towards completion of a deal. Interesting. Seems like there's a deal, but someone just has to give the greenlight for paperwork to go through.
    Wishful thinking my friend.

** Actual Trade Rumor **

Last edited by Strummer; 02-19-2014 at 10:30 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    ** Actual Trade News **

Well..............you can't say they didn't try.

** Actual Trade Rumor **

Marshon Brooks traded again? Christ.

** Actual Trade Rumor **

Golden State can't trade Brooks with another player. Wonder if the NBA will overlook this, or if it's another player (Ezeli, Nedovic) in the trade?
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Golden State can't trade Brooks with another player. Wonder if the NBA will overlook this, or if it's another player (Ezeli, Nedovic) in the trade?
    They could be structuring it as two trades. Both teams have trade exceptions that would allow them to do that.

They could be structuring it as two trades. Both teams have trade exceptions that would allow them to do that.
    You're right, that's how they will structure it.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

** Actual Trade Rumor **

ill take Steve blake over watson. He can ball