Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would it be worth it to give up Solo, Danny for Deng? Is Deng that much better than Danny?
    IMHO...no. I don't want to give up Solo cuz we need cheap internal talent to develop if we are to pay Lance and Hibbert over the long term. If a 1st must be included...then I'd be sending out Copeland as well. Deng is an upgrade over Granger......and can help make a very deep Championship run...but he's a Rental....and rental's shouldn't cost you an arm and leg.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

could you imagine George/Deng defense combo on Lebron.... dude would get worn out... do the deal.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

I would also love to get Deng for Danny + one of OJ/Solo/pick. I don't think there's any question that Deng is the better player at this point in their careers. I would rather pull the trigger on Deng than wait to see if Danny gets any better and I don't dislike Danny at all. It's just the right move if we wanna win a championship this year.
    Last edited by PGisthefuture; 02-19-2014 at 07:39 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It seems unfathomable to me that we would trade Danny.

I would love to have Deng, though.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

if this should happen, we'll quickly find out who the Pacer fans are and who the Granger fans are.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Yes it would and the Cavs love Solo. They promised him to take him in the draft last year.

The Cavs have different management now. Deng would improve the team dramatically on offense. His off ball play is fantastic and something we really need.

I would think the Cavs would want more than Solo, but if every team thinks he is a rental that could kill his market value.

Deng is much better than Danny at this point in their careers. I would be beyond ecstatic if a miracle happen and we got him. It would be a game changer IMO.
    This a retread of earlier posts....but it's important to note:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...47145-nba.html

Sources: Luol Deng unwilling to commit to extension anywhere, trade from Cavs unlikely

Forward Luol Deng's reluctance to commit to a long-term extension with any team before July free agency makes it unlikely that the Cleveland Cavaliers can find a willing trade partner before Thursday's NBA deadline, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Cavaliers have had conversations with several teams, including Dallas, Detroit and Indiana about Deng, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Nevertheless, there's no traction on a deal and no team seems inclined to give up valuable assets for a player who could walk away in free agency.

Deng is determined to investigate free agency in July before making a decision to stay with Cleveland, sources said.
    Even if the Cavs are somehow trade him.....I seriously doubt that they can ( nor should ) get anything of significant value for him. It's virtually a given that the Pacers would consider him to be a rental ( hence should not give up TOO MUCH in exchange for him ). Unless he lands on a Playoff bound Team that has the Capspace to re-sign him, then he'd likely be a rental. If anything, I'd think that the Mavs make the most sense to give up assets ( 1st round pick ) since they appear to have the Capspace to re-sign him over the long term.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    I would also love to get Deng for Danny + one of OJ/Solo/pick. I don't think there's any question that Deng is the better player at this point in their careers. I would rather pull the trigger on Deng than wait to see if Danny gets any better and I don't dislike Danny at all. It's just the right move if we wanna win a championship this year.
    Yeah, of course we would all love that, but there's no ****ing way Cleveland does that. Danny+Solo+1st rounder probably still isn't enough.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Wage View Post
    Living in Chicago, I had no choice but to watch him play. As to your shooting comparison, and leaving out the Cleveland abberation:

For the season Deng was at 45.2% from the field, Paul George is at 43.8% and Danny is at an impressive 36.4%.

All while being a top 5 wing defender in the NBA.
    I have a hard time believing Deng is shooting 45.2% this year. And I'd be surprised if he is even shooting 30-32% from 3, cause he has never been a good 3 pt shooter, which we need more then anything out of the 2nd unit.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    I have a hard time believing Deng is shooting 45.2% this year. And I'd be surprised if he is even shooting 30-32% from 3, cause he has never been a good 3 pt shooter, which we need more then anything out of the 2nd unit.
    For Chicago, which is what Wage was saying, Deng was indeed at 45% for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    What people are saying it on twitter?
    Chris Shanafelt ‏@ChrisShanafelt 1h
    Oh man.. Thurs can't come & go soon enough. Lol. RT "@MySportsLegion: The #Pacers called the #Cavs about a potential Luol Deng trade…."

AlwaysMillerTime ‏@BoomBabyAMT 38m
    @willrettig reports on this NBA Trade Rumor: Danny Granger On Market -- http://alwaysmillertime.com/2014/02/...ranger-market/ … #Pacers

cob Lines ‏@JT_Lines 26m
    #Pacers trade Granger and 2 picks for 3 month Deng rental. I'd take that in a heartbeat. #AllIn
    Expand

Tony Laurenzana ‏@dukedynamite 44m
    If we give up Danny, I will be super sad. However, He plus Mahinmi for Deng? Instant mood turnaround. #Pacers
    from Bedford, IN

Followed by jeffpearlman
    eric riesterer ‏@eric_riesterer 1h
    Granger + Ian Mahimni for Luol Deng would be nice... #Cavs #Pacers #NBATradeDeadline #NBARumors
    Expand

NBA Trade Deadline ‏@NBADeadline 1h
    #Mavericks #Pistons and #Pacers all interested in Deng but no one will commit due to Deng being unwilling to commit long-term

Gary Neal Stuff

Evan Massey ‏@massey_evan 16h
    Indiana #Pacers Showing Interest in Acquiring Gary Neal? - New piece just went live for http://Hoops-Nation.com . #NBA http://hoops-nation.com/indiana-pace...ing-gary-neal/
    Expand

Sports World Report ‏@sportswr Feb 10
    #Pacers Trade Rumors: Kyle Lowry, Gary Neal, Terrence Ross, Jason Smith, Jared Dudley Deadline Options http://www.sportsworldreport.com/art...rence-ross.htm
    Expand

THE BELOW LINK IS A FANTASY THING.....

In case anyone is curious or just bored, a twitter user came up with a scenario where Indiana gets Gary Neal and Evan Turner. It has Granger to Milwaukee, and Caron Butler to Philadelphia.
    https://twitter.com/cplack/status/43...602816/photo/1

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    I would trade Granger for Deng, personally. Granger has had half a season to answer whether or not he can be a difference-maker off the bench, and thus far, he just hasn't been. No reason to believe that changes. May as well go with a guy who, at worst, is probably going to play at the same level as Granger.
    Danny has only played in 28 games and I think he will get his shot going soon. He has actually been shooting better the last 3 games. His legs are getting stronger and he will only improve.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This a retread of earlier posts....but it's important to note:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...47145-nba.html

Sources: Luol Deng unwilling to commit to extension anywhere, trade from Cavs unlikely

Even if the Cavs are somehow trade him.....I seriously doubt that they can ( nor should ) get anything of significant value for him. It's virtually a given that the Pacers would consider him to be a rental ( hence should not give up TOO MUCH in exchange for him ). Unless he lands on a Playoff bound Team that has the Capspace to re-sign him, then he'd likely be a rental. If anything, I'd think that the Mavs make the most sense to give up assets ( 1st round pick ) since they appear to have the Capspace to re-sign him over the long term.

Well cap-space doesn't seem to be the issue. The issue seems to be that he verbally won't commit to signing a new contract with either of the three teams. And until he says "Yes I will consider or I WILL re-sign with Dallas, Indy, or Detroit...".....teams don't wanna budge on pulling the trigger. Then again, that might not be true at all. But I imagine he wants to test free agency. I doubt that would be a big deal to Indy. We wanna resign Lance. But for Dallas and Detroit? Probably will chill talks with those two teams. Detroit and Dallas aren't renting him for a championship run. Pistons aren't even in the playoffs right now, and even with Deng.....Mavs aren't winning a ring this season.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    For Chicago, which is what Wage was saying, Deng was indeed at 45% for the season.
    He said for the season and for that I say I doubt it, don't believe it.

Exclamation Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

http://hoops-nation.com/indiana-pace...ing-gary-neal/

^Says here Indy has begun preliminary talks with Milwaukee for Gary Neal. Orlando or Solo alone COULD get the deal done. Gary hates being on Milwaukee so much, his value is damaged....and it seems Milwaukee be forced to or will have to trade him to us for an end of the bench guy. Should the deal occur.

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Yeah, of course we would all love that, but there's no ****ing way Cleveland does that. Danny+Solo+1st rounder probably still isn't enough.
    There seem to be some that would rather have Danny over Deng or are unsure about it. I'm not saying it will happen, but it's pretty obvious that Deng won't stay with the Cavs so if they can't get any better deals they could just take what they can get.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Chris Shanafelt ‏@ChrisShanafelt 1h
    Oh man.. Thurs can't come & go soon enough. Lol. RT "@MySportsLegion: The #Pacers called the #Cavs about a potential Luol Deng trade…."

AlwaysMillerTime ‏@BoomBabyAMT 38m
    @willrettig reports on this NBA Trade Rumor: Danny Granger On Market -- http://alwaysmillertime.com/2014/02/...ranger-market/ … #Pacers

cob Lines ‏@JT_Lines 26m
    #Pacers trade Granger and 2 picks for 3 month Deng rental. I'd take that in a heartbeat. #AllIn
    Expand

Tony Laurenzana ‏@dukedynamite 44m
    If we give up Danny, I will be super sad. However, He plus Mahinmi for Deng? Instant mood turnaround. #Pacers
    from Bedford, IN

Followed by jeffpearlman
    eric riesterer ‏@eric_riesterer 1h
    Granger + Ian Mahimni for Luol Deng would be nice... #Cavs #Pacers #NBATradeDeadline #NBARumors
    Expand

NBA Trade Deadline ‏@NBADeadline 1h
    #Mavericks #Pistons and #Pacers all interested in Deng but no one will commit due to Deng being unwilling to commit long-term

Gary Neal Stuff

Evan Massey ‏@massey_evan 16h
    Indiana #Pacers Showing Interest in Acquiring Gary Neal? - New piece just went live for http://Hoops-Nation.com . #NBA http://hoops-nation.com/indiana-pace...ing-gary-neal/
    Expand

Sports World Report ‏@sportswr Feb 10
    #Pacers Trade Rumors: Kyle Lowry, Gary Neal, Terrence Ross, Jason Smith, Jared Dudley Deadline Options http://www.sportsworldreport.com/art...rence-ross.htm
    Expand

THE BELOW LINK IS A FANTASY THING.....

In case anyone is curious or just bored, a twitter user came up with a scenario where Indiana gets Gary Neal and Evan Turner. It has Granger to Milwaukee, and Caron Butler to Philadelphia.
    https://twitter.com/cplack/status/43...602816/photo/1
    So this is the secret slimy trade society...man these people are really going to be bored in about 24 hours.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Emotionally speaking, I don't want Danny traded. Rationally speaking, if Deng is all-in and happy to come off the bench, you almost have to make the trade right?
    David "And One" West

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

**Actual Trade Rumor**

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    So this is the secret slimy trade society...man these people are really going to be bored in about 24 hours.
    The Bynum stuff blew up on Twitter before anywhere else so I am sure by tomorrow, unless a deal falls apart where someone gets greedy? We'll have Luol, Gary...or both!

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    I honestly think Grimp just pulled up mentions of those guys. Hell, he used a quote from PD poster duke dynamite in there. It's just fan chatter and wishful thinking for the most part.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    **Actual Trade Rumor**

Good trade for NYK. Hamilton can shoot!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Emotionally speaking, I don't want Danny traded. Rationally speaking, if Deng is all-in and happy to come off the bench, you almost have to make the trade right?
    This is my dilemma as well. As sad as it would be losing Danny, Deng could really help us win a championship.

The Bynum stuff blew up on Twitter before anywhere else so I am sure by tomorrow, unless a deal falls apart where someone gets greedy? We'll have Luol, Gary...or both!
    You know how much stuff has blown up on Twitter a lot bigger than this that never happened?

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

http://hoops-nation.com/indiana-pace...ing-gary-neal/

^Says here Indy has begun preliminary talks with Milwaukee for Gary Neal. Orlando or Solo alone COULD get the deal done. Gary hates being on Milwaukee so much, his value is damaged....and it seems Milwaukee be forced to or will have to trade him to us for an end of the bench guy. Should the deal occur.
    We can't afford the extra $ next year. Would have to trade Cope or Mahinmi.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    He said for the season and for that I say I doubt it, don't believe it.
    "As to your shooting comparison, and leaving out the Cleveland abberation: For the season Deng was at 45.2% from the field..."

Meaning, he was only referring to his time in Chicago and NOT with the mess that is the Cleveland Cavaliers.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post: