Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Detroit could get Golden State to trade Harrison Barnes for Monroe, that would be a steal.
    Uhhh....I'm looking at it the other way. If GS can get Detroit to trade them Monroe for Barnes...that would be a steal....FOR GSW.

Barnes is a soild prospect, has some upside and could be a good Starting SF.....but even I know that Monroe is a talented and above Average Big Man that still has a lot of upside. Big men with upside are way more valuable than Swingmen with upside.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Cleveland gave up a first round pick to get Deng, so I imagine a package would at least have to start with Granger (expiring) + First round Pick + Another Asset. Otherwise, that trade is a net loss.
    You could also look at it as, they gave up a 1st to get rid of Bynum and his remaining contract...

Cleveland gave up a first round pick to get Deng, so I imagine a package would at least have to start with Granger (expiring) + First round Pick + Another Asset. Otherwise, that trade is a net loss.

So how do you see it playing out? We cave and give up a 2016 pick? Or....we find a third team willing to kick Cleveland a 1st rounder?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It would be pretty hilarious if the Pacers ended up with Bynum and Deng.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Uhhh....I'm looking at it the other way. If GS can get Detroit to trade them Monroe for Barnes...that would be a steal....FOR GSW.

Barnes is a soild prospect, has some upside and could be a good Starting SF.....but even I know that Monroe is a talented and above Average Big Man that still has a lot of upside. Big men with upside are way more valuable than Swingmen with upside.
    I'd gladly trade Monroe for Barnes. Barnes's value lies in the fact he can defend two positions at a pretty high level, and he's on a rookie contract for 2 more seasons. He's got much more value than his scoring numbers would suggest.

My standards for trading Monroe are at an all time low. I just want a cheap long term asset. I'd be very happy with Barnes.

Monroe has mentally checked out here. He doesn't see the ball and when he does he forces up bad shots, and he's never played even acceptable defense. Dealing him for Barnes not only removes that elephant from the room, but frees up $10 million in cap space this summer (it won't be Dumars who uses it this time).
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-19-2014 at 06:52 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    The way Danny is shooting and playing D right now? I feel differently. Sorry.
    Danny has a reason coming off his injury and getting minimal minutes. Deng gets all the minutes and plays like crap this year, what's Deng's excuse?
    Not only is Deng a chucker this year, he has a bothersome Achilles that I want no part of. We know what we have with Danny and he will get his shot going before playoffs. We know Danny will give us his all in the playoffs. I'm not sure Deng will and I'm not ready to make that gamble. JMO

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    You could also look at it as, they gave up a 1st to get rid of Bynum and his remaining contract...
    If that were the case, they could've just waived Bynum themselves.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    LOL

and I'm one of Danny's biggest fans.
    And I'm not a big Danny fan. I have watched Deng play to much this year and he has been crap thus far. I don't know what his deal was in Chicago and I don't care, but I don't want his baggage over what we have in Danny. Simple as that. I would trade Danny in a second, but not for that guy!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I'd gladly trade Monroe for Barnes. Barnes's value lies in the fact he can defend two positions at a pretty high level, and he's on a rookie contract for 2 more seasons. He's got much more value than his scoring numbers would suggest.

My standards for trading Monroe are at an all time low. I just want a cheap long term asset. I'd be very happy with Barnes.

Monroe has mentally checked out here. He doesn't see the ball and when he does he forces up bad shots, and he's never played even acceptable defense.
    I am really surprised by your rather low-opinion of Monroe. As an outsider looking in......my guess is that a Big Man with ( what appears to be ) a lot of talent and upside would have a rather high trading value and could net some quality assets in return.

Could his recent play be attributed to the mess that Mo Cheeks created as the Coach?

or

Could a change in scenary benefit him?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    Danny has a reason coming off his injury and getting minimal minutes. Deng gets all the minutes and plays like crap this year, what's Deng's excuse?
    Not only is Deng a chucker this year, he has a bothersome Achilles that I want no part of. We know what we have with Danny and he will get his shot going before playoffs. We know Danny will give us his all in the playoffs. I'm not sure Deng will and I'm not ready to make that gamble. JMO

Deng's excuse in Chicago I guess was all the rumors. He knew his time was ticking away when Rose went down. And the fire-sale rumors started. As for Cleveland, toxic environment? Bad team maybe? He had 22 versus Sacramento last week.

And I'm not a big Danny fan. I have watched Deng play to much this year and he has been crap thus far. I don't know what his deal was in Chicago and I don't care, but I don't want his baggage over what we have in Danny. Simple as that. I would trade Danny in a second, but not for that guy!
    Deng had no baggage while in Chicago, he was a consummate pro. He was a favorite in the locker room and of Thibodeau. I like DG as much as the next guy, and appreciate everything he's done for the franchise, but at the same time, you have to look into doing whatever you can to get Indy it's first NBA championship. This is probably as good as a group as we may ever have, and when West's contract is over, it may ALL be over. You only get so long of a window before players decline or injuries start derailing your core. Deng's a better player at this point in their careers, all things considered. I'd be more concerned with how dealing Granger may affect chemistry over Deng, because basketball wise, Deng's better.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I am really surprised by your rather low-opinion of Monroe. As an outsider looking in......my guess is that a Big Man with ( what appears to be ) a lot of talent and upside would have a rather high trading value and could net some quality assets in return.

Could his recent play be attributed to the mess that Mo Cheeks created as the Coach?

or

Could a change in scenary benefit him?

It'd benefit his attitude, but Monroe's problems are Monroe's fault. He never worked to improve after his stellar rookie season. He still can't shoot, he still doesn't know where to be on defense, and he still has only one post move. He's the same guy in 2014 that he was in 2010.

He's got amazing footwork for a big man, but when the defense knows where you're going to wind up it doesn't mean much.

The issue with Monroe is any team that deals for him knows they have to pay him Roy Hibbert money in 3 months. He's got obvious value but that's going to limit how desperate any team is in dealing for him.
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-19-2014 at 07:02 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Would it be worth it to give up Solo, Danny for Deng? Is Deng that much better than Danny?

The thought of Thorton and Anderson sharing the court....we will finally find out what happens when blackholes collide

Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    Would it be worth it to give up Solo, Danny for Deng? Is Deng that much better than Danny?

I believe so. We need offense off our bench. Granger isn't giving it to us. Also if you check twitter, this Deng to Indy rumor is picking up steam. Only on Twitter, it is saying Ian and Danny for Deng. That must mean Bynum is way ahead of schedule, or there's another move coming for a back up center until Bynum is ready. Or we have a back up center on our bench already? Somehow? Or Scola will play backup center and Copeland will play backup PF?

There's also another rumor on Twitter at #Pacers that says Indy has its fingers in a possible Gary Neal trade. That same source says if Caron Butler isn't traded, Milwaukee will buy him out. I wonder if we land Deng or Neal....we'll try and add Butler too? Can we afford to add Butler after paying Bynum?

Mood

Deng's excuse in Chicago I guess was all the rumors. He knew his time was ticking away when Rose went down. And the fire-sale rumors started. As for Cleveland, toxic environment? Bad team maybe? He had 22 versus Sacramento last week.
    The dude is shooting like all time low, go check his stats out, cause you obviously haven't watched him play much this year. You can't watch SP highlights and think wow, he's really good. I don't know what his stats are but I'm sure you won't be impressed. Call it, he doesn't give a crap year, I don't know and don't care. But again, I'm not willing to find out when Danny is trying to give it his all and he has 30+ games to get his shot going. On top of all that Deng can't even shoot the 3 ball and that's what we need Danny to do.

I believe so. We need offense off our bench. Granger isn't giving it to us. Also if you check twitter, this Deng to Indy rumor is picking up steam. Only on Twitter, it is saying Ian and Danny for Deng. That must mean Bynum is way ahead of schedule, or there's another move coming for a back up center until Bynum is ready. Or we have a back up center on our bench already? Somehow? Or Scola will play backup center and Copeland will play backup PF?
    Why would Cleveland want Mahinmi when he still has two years left of $4 mil per year after this season? Doesn't make much sense to me. I've never been a huge Mahinmi fan, but even I would be hesitant to get rid of him right now. If something were to happen to Bynum, our second unit would be in serious trouble. I want both Bynum and Mahinmi because that's 12 fouls a game we can use against the Heat. We need both of them to be dirty goons and lay tough fouls.

It seems to me that the Pacers and Cleveland could meet in the middle pretty easily here. Granger + Solo for Deng. Deng and Granger cancel out next season, so Cleveland would basically be getting the inexpensive opportunity to see if Solo Hill could pan into anything. I wouldn't exactly be wild about trading Solo after already trading Plumlee and our 2014 first rounder, but this 2014 Pacer team might be the best Pacer team we ever see. We've been injury free and our roster is loaded. The time is now. The gap between Granger and Deng is big enough right now that I'd definitely give up on Solo to rent Deng, but that's just me.

I'll still be shocked if anything happens though. I just don't see it given our limited assets.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Mood

Deng had no baggage while in Chicago, he was a consummate pro. He was a favorite in the locker room and of Thibodeau. I like DG as much as the next guy, and appreciate everything he's done for the franchise, but at the same time, you have to look into doing whatever you can to get Indy it's first NBA championship. This is probably as good as a group as we may ever have, and when West's contract is over, it may ALL be over. You only get so long of a window before players decline or injuries start derailing your core. Deng's a better player at this point in their careers, all things considered. I'd be more concerned with how dealing Granger may affect chemistry over Deng, because basketball wise, Deng's better.
    Well all wasn't well in Chicago or he would still be there, the dude is only 27, 28 yrs. old and has plenty of game left (good or bad).

I would trade Granger for Deng, personally. Granger has had half a season to answer whether or not he can be a difference-maker off the bench, and thus far, he just hasn't been. No reason to believe that changes. May as well go with a guy who, at worst, is probably going to play at the same level as Granger.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    Yes it would and the Cavs love Solo. They promised him to take him in the draft last year.

The Cavs have different management now. Deng would improve the team dramatically on offense. His off ball play is fantastic and something we really need.

I would think the Cavs would want more than Solo, but if every team thinks he is a rental that could kill his market value.

Deng is much better than Danny at this point in their careers. I would be beyond ecstatic if a miracle happen and we got him. It would be a game changer IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Why would Cleveland want Mahinmi when he still has two years left of $4 mil per year after this season? Doesn't make much sense to me. I've never been a huge Mahinmi fan, but even I would be hesitant to get rid of him right now. If something were to happen to Bynum, our second unit would be in serious trouble. I want both Bynum and Mahinmi because that's 12 fouls a game we can use against the Heat. We need both of them to be dirty goons and lay tough fouls.

It seems to me that the Pacers and Cleveland could meet in the middle pretty easily here. Granger + Solo for Deng. Deng and Granger cancel out next season, so Cleveland would basically be getting the inexpensive opportunity to see if Solo Hill could pan into anything. I wouldn't exactly be wild about trading Solo after already trading Plumlee and our 2014 first rounder, but this 2014 Pacer team might be the best Pacer team we ever see. We've been injury free and our roster is loaded. The time is now. The gap between Granger and Deng is big enough right now that I'd definitely give up on Solo to rent Deng, but that's just me.

I'll still be shocked if anything happens though. I just don't see it given our limited assets.

Not sure, but that's just what is going around on Twitter. Ian and Danny for Deng. I imagine if that happens, Indy has to get a backup center from Cleveland or someone else. Until Bynum is ready to go.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

The dude is shooting like all time low, go check his stats out, cause you obviously haven't watched him play much this year.
    You sure you aren't referring to Granger?

Granger is at 36% and 34% from 3.
    Deng is at 44% and 32% from 3.

Difference being, this has been a 5 year trend from Granger and Deng is one of the top defensive SFs in the game.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The dude is shooting like all time low, go check his stats out, cause you obviously haven't watched him play much this year.
    Living in Chicago, I had no choice but to watch him play. As to your shooting comparison, and leaving out the Cleveland abberation:

For the season Deng was at 45.2% from the field, Paul George is at 43.8% and Danny is at an impressive 36.4%.

All while being a top 5 wing defender in the NBA.

Not sure, but that's just what is going around on Twitter. Ian and Danny for Deng. I imagine if that happens, Indy has to get a backup center from Cleveland or someone else. Until Bynum is ready to go.
    What people are saying it on twitter?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    You sure you aren't referring to Granger?

Granger is at 36% and 34% from 3.
    Deng is at 44% and 32% from 3.

Difference being, this has been a 5 year trend from Granger and Deng is one of the top defensive SFs in the game.
    I'm not comparing the two %%. I'm saying Deng has fallen off from past years and his overall effort has not been there this year. I haven't looked at his stats, but I have watched him play approx. 30 games this year and I don't like what I seen from him. I don't need to look at stats to know that Danny has struggled shooting this year. But at least Danny has a excuse, at least it's more then what Deng can say for himself.