Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

It is interesting we have asked about Deng though.

Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...47145-nba.html

I don't think Deng being unwilling to sign an extension will turn off the Pacers from trying to acquire him. I bet the Pacers aren't willing to part with any picks (or Lance) and that's what will prevent a deal from happening.
    Unless that Team has the CapSpace to re-sign him ( Dallas and Detroit appears to have it...but not the Pacers ), any Team that is looking to acquire Deng should purely look at it as a Rental since he's a UFA and can choose where he wants to go in the offseason.

Since the Pacers don't have the Capspace to re-sign him....for the Pacers......the only offers that I'd consider ( as some have previously suggested ) to send is:

1 ) Granger+OJ+2nd round Pick for Deng+very Cheap filler ( clearly a Rental )

or

2 ) Granger+Copeland+future 1st for Deng + very cheap filler ( Rental + Salary Dump )

I would not include Solo in any deal. But tther than that....he's not worth the price that the Cavs are asking for.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Well, looks like I was right about Deng. I assume they want a 1st rounder from Indy. Would you guys offer the 2016 1st? Detroit would probably have to give them Monroe.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Well, looks like I was right about Deng. I assume they want a 1st rounder from Indy. Would you guys offer the 2016 1st? Detroit would probably have to give them Monroe.
    Nope. Not worth it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't know, part of me says this is our best year, so why not go all-in? LBJ would have his hands full with Paul George and then a well-rested Luol Deng coming after him off the bench. Ditto for Durant.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

LOL

Monroe for 3 months of luol Deng?

Uh....no.

The Detroit rumor was Rodney stuckey Villanueva and a protected future pick. Not enough in it for the cavs but they aren't trading Monroe unless they get a long term asset in return. And I can't wait for them to trade Monroe, but that's insanity.
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-19-2014 at 06:06 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Nope. Not worth it.
    You think we could pry Hawes and Turner from Philadelphia? They're looking for a 1st round pick. Maybe we can find a team willing to give them one, and get Hawes and Turner.

You think we could pry Hawes and Turner from Philadelphia? They're looking for a 1st round pick. Maybe we can find a team willing to give them one, and get Hawes and Turner.
    and we are going to give away what for Hawes and Turner? Didn't we just sign Bynum for our 2nd center spot?

Whats the point? Unless we are dumping salary to help keep Lance. I'm hesitant to trade another 1st round pick when we already don't have one this season.

Not worth it. Obviously Bird thinks the same or Cleveland wants more than that because the deal isn't even remotely close to happening, apparently.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    and we are going to give away what for Hawes and Turner? Didn't we just sign Bynum for our 2nd center spot?
    Bynum isn't playing for another 3 weeks, Hawes for now. Then when Bynum plays, move Hawes to backup PF.

Bynum isn't playing for another 3 weeks, Hawes for now. Then when Bynum plays, move Hawes to backup PF.
    So bench Scola...? No

Hawes isn't even a PF, so that wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    Not worth it. Obviously Bird thinks the same or Cleveland wants more than that because the deal isn't even remotely close to happening, apparently.
    But I was right about us being on the previously un-released list of 7 teams who inquired. It's interesting that we even inquired. I think we can still get him if we get a third team to facilitate.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Whats the point? Unless we are dumping salary to help keep Lance. I'm hesitant to trade another 1st round pick when we already don't have one this season.
    Hawes and Turner are expirings. I wonder if they'd take Cope too?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    So bench Scola...? No

Hawes isn't even a PF, so that wouldn't work.

But if you can dump Ian while acquiring Hawes and Turner....you have their expirings, plus dumping Ian's contract. Benching Scola would be a small price to pay for the cap savings. Scola I believe has an elbow issue, so Hawes can spell him while he gets healthier. Also the idea of a three headed monster, Bynum/Hawes/Roy. Two low-posters one perimeter center would cause interesting match up probs for Miami.

Sports Logo

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

You are aware that the Pacers have VERY LITTLE assets that they can trade.....what on earth are we going to give any team to some how get Hawes and/or Turner....much less any 1st round pick?

Sports Logo

Hawes and Turner are expirings. I wonder if they'd take Cope too?
    But if you can dump Ian while acquiring Hawes and Turner....you have their expirings, plus dumping Ian's contract. Benching Scola would be a small price to pay for the cap savings. Scola I believe has an elbow issue, so Hawes can spell him while he gets healthier. Also the idea of a three headed monster, Bynum/Hawes/Roy. Two low-posters one perimeter center would cause interesting match up probs for Miami.
    I'm going to be polite and just say that ALL of what you suggest won't happen.

The Pacers DO NOT HAVE the necessary assets to make MOST of what you suggest happen.

Let's be clear about this....OJ, Butler, the two 2nd round picks, Copeland, Mahinmi and Granger have VERY LITTLE value to net the type of Players that you are hoping for. At most, Solo, Granger and/or future 1st could net a quality Player...but that Player would likely have a bigger long-term contract that would impact the Pacers ability to re-sign Lance......so making such a trade involving some combination of Granger / Solo / 1st for anything is unlikely ( ignoring that such a trade would be overpaying unless he's a Starting quality Player with upside ).

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Detroit could get Golden State to trade Harrison Barnes for Monroe, that would be a steal.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...With-Cavaliers

So as of now, the Pacers, Mavs, and Pistons.....have about 21 hours to convince Cleveland to trade Luol Deng to their respective teams. Pacers have no valued assets on their bench, which leads me to believe Cleveland wants picks from Indiana. Pacers aren't willing to part with 2016 and beyond picks I guess. Trading Danny for Deng would be just swapping expirings. You think Cleveland is asking for Lance? Would they be that stupid? Anyways, if we don't get Deng....I hope we can get CJ Miles from them at least.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

I'd rather have Danny then Deng. I wouldn't do a straight up deal on that. Cleveland would have to be giving us a pick!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    I'd rather have Danny then Deng. I wouldn't do a straight up deal on that. Cleveland would have to be giving us a pick!

The way Danny is shooting and playing D right now? I feel differently. Sorry.

I do think there's a good chance at the Pacers acquiring Deng and without having to give up a first. We just have to keep holding out and hope that nobody else is willing to give one up for the rental. Also, I doubt many other teams could offer an expiring for Deng straight up like the Pacers can. Deng defends LeBron as well as anybody, essentially played our exact system over in Chicago, and at this point would be a huge upgrade over Granger and also give us more flexibility with our 2nd unit.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    LOL

and I'm one of Danny's biggest fans.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cleveland gave up a first round pick to get Deng, so I imagine a package would at least have to start with Granger (expiring) + First round Pick + Another Asset. Otherwise, that trade is a net loss.