Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Kings are discussing a trade of guard Jimmer Fredette with several teams, sources said.

Love to know who's on that list. Also says Celtics want Gordon Hayward.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/0...-19-2/#celtics
    that's kind of amusing maybe they can get mack from atlanta and work on getting that old butler team back together

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

His game may have massive holes in it, but one thing Fredette can do in spades is shoot and score. Given the talks of us looking for a scorer off the bench, it wouldn't surprise me if we were one of the teams interested in him.

I could see us having interest in Jimmer.

It's all about using him correctly. Don't try to turn him into a PG trying to set up plays. You have to just run him off screens and stick him at the 3 point line.

No clue what we'd have to give up
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I could see us having interest in Jimmer.

It's all about using him correctly. Don't try to turn him into a PG trying to set up plays. You have to just run him off screens and stick him at the 3 point line.

No clue what we'd have to give up

Copeland and Orlando for Jimmer works.

The Jimmer's been pretty damn solid since Zeke Jr became their starter and they got Gay, just been catching and shooting which is all he can do, which is fine. I could get behind acquiring him for scraps. Not saying I think that's likely, just saying, hypothetically.

Anyway, whatever the Nets do people are going to go crazy about their luxury tax payments, cuz HEADLINES! They've been on the books for the same amount all year, at least it makes sorta kinda sense for them to be buyers now.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Copeland and Orlando for Jimmer works.
    You sure? The math looks like the Pacers would be sending out too much salary and then I checked it on ESPN's trade machine and it say's it doesn't.

Jimmer for Cope straight up works though.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

This is DA JIMMER'S last contract year too right?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    would love to trade Mahinmi to the Nets but who knows where Bynum is in recovery...too risky... I just hate the idea of Ians contract potentially being the difference between whether we retain Lance or not
    Mahinmi's contract isn't the only one that would be a barrier to re-signing Lance.....technically, you have CJ and Copeland's contract as well. Besides...it makes no sense to dump Mahinmi now for the very reason you mention.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    You sure? The math looks like the Pacers would be sending out too much salary and then I checked it on ESPN's trade machine and it say's it doesn't.

My guess is that if there was any offer....it would likely be OJ+Butler+2nd round pick for Jimmer.

I don't see why the Kings want to add Copeland's salary to their books. The Kings are simply letting Jimmer walk....so they want to get "something" for Jimmer ( or essentially "get something for nothing" )....they don't want to add Copeland's salary to their books.

For the Kings....getting a 2nd round pick and the chance to audition OJ? Makes more sense than taking on Copeland.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-19-2014 at 03:16 PM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    That is correct.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    He will be a UFA in July.

If Bird can somehow get the Kings to take on Copeland ( doubtful ) or basically swap out OJ for Jimmer....I'd be okay with him as a rental just to see if he can do a very poor man's impersonation of Reddick ( as in some role playing shooter that can hit the 3pt ball ). It's basically a "Low risk / medium reward" type of move.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    My guess is that it would likely be OJ+Butler+2nd round pick for Jimmer.

I don't see why the Kings want to add Copeland's salary to their books. The Kings are simply letting Jimmer walk....so they want to get "something" for Jimmer ( or essentially "get something for nothing" )....they don't want to add Copeland's salary to their books. Getting a 2nd round pick and the chance to audition OJ? Makes more sense than taking on Copeland.
    The only way it works for the Pacers is if they dump salary. Jimmer wouldn't come in and play over CJ, and the backup SG is basically PG/Lance so he wouldn't get those minutes. OJ is an expring and Butler was a one year deal, so it really doesn't make much sense in any direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post

K....my mistake. Jimmer for Orlando and Solo works though. I think Sac drafted Orlando originally, perhaps they'd want him still? That might be key in the deal.

Bench would be.........

Scola
    Cope
    Bynum
    Danny
    Jimmer/CJ

The Kings drafted Orlando specifically for us.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

K....my mistake. Jimmer for Orlando and Solo works though. I think Sac drafted Orlando originally, perhaps they'd want him still? That might be key in the deal.

Bench would be.........

Scola
    Cope
    Bynum
    Danny
    Jimmer/CJ
    No no no no. Jimmer is not worth Solo and OJ. Hill will probably be our back-up 3 next season with granger gone

Rondo to the Rockets?????????????????? Only if Houston sends Boston Parsons. Looks like Morey is not interested in paying that price....................for now.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...or-Rajon-Rondo

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ait-Acceptance

The Milwaukee Bucks have steadily progressed with several teams in discussions on a trade of Gary Neal and await a franchise to advance toward completion, a league source told RealGM.

I only am curious about this ^ and Jimmer because when Bynum became "available"....I didn't believe Indy was interested at all. But it turns out, we were on the original eight team list for his services. So now, when I see articles involving shooters with similar "patterns" of 7 or 8 mystery teams in the running, I'll post them here prior to the deadline passing. So would you guys be happy if we landed Neal and Jimmer before the deadline? Both are expirings, and wouldn't hurt our long term flexibility.

Scola
    Danny/Cope
    Bynum
    Neal
    Jimmer

Neither one are going to happen, but there's no need for both. They fit similiar roles, short for their positions, horrible defense. In short, PASS.

Cavs have Deng on the block. Problem is they gave up a first round pick to get him, but Granger+Solomon Hill+Draft pick would be another go all-in move from Larry Legend.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    pretty sure Thorton isn't happy in Sacto. Could be some locker room stuff. He's a volume shooter who doesn't get shots with Cousins, Gay and Thomas. Terry fits in better as a spot up guy. Reggie Evans gives them a good inside presence which they need. And they save money. I see why they are doing it.
    Pretty much Jason Terry mentoring Ben McLemore> than Marcus mentoring him.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Pretty much Jason Terry mentoring Ben McLemore> than Marcus mentoring him.
    Nonsense. Marcus is a nice guy, he's from New Orleans remember? People down there are always happy, dancing, Mardi Gras and stuff.

Sports Logo

So would you guys be happy if we landed Neal and Jimmer before the deadline? Both are expirings, and wouldn't hurt our long term flexibility.
    Neal is not an Expiring contract...he's owed $3.25 mil in 2014-2015.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Cavs have Deng on the block. Problem is they gave up a first round pick to get him, but Granger+Solomon Hill+Draft pick would be another go all-in move from Larry Legend.
    As someone suggested before....the only way that I'd consider making a move for Deng while including a 1st round pick is if Copeland ( not Solo ) is included in the trade. No way would I consider a rental of Deng at the cost of a 1st round pick AND Solo. Deng is good...but he's not worth that much especially if there is no intention nor ability to re-sign him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...47145-nba.html

Sources: Luol Deng unwilling to commit to extension anywhere, trade from Cavs unlikely
    By Adrian Wojnarowski
    Yahoo Sports

Forward Luol Deng's reluctance to commit to a long-term extension with any team before July free agency makes it unlikely that the Cleveland Cavaliers can find a willing trade partner before Thursday's NBA deadline, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Cavaliers have had conversations with several teams, including Dallas, Detroit and Indiana about Deng, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Nevertheless, there's no traction on a deal and no team seems inclined to give up valuable assets for a player who could walk away in free agency.
    I don't think Deng being unwilling to sign an extension will turn off the Pacers from trying to acquire him. I bet the Pacers aren't willing to part with any picks (or Lance) and that's what will prevent a deal from happening.
    Last edited by Aw Heck; 02-19-2014 at 05:45 PM.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

All detroit would offer would be other expirings. Nothing in it for the cavs.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004