Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Was just reading the Rockets board, sounds like they are serious about acquiring Rajon Rondo. The deal someone said was being discussed was Asik, Lin, and an unprotected 1st round pick for Rondo (that deal came from Ric Bucher apparently)

Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was just reading the Rockets board, sounds like they are serious about acquiring Rajon Rondo. The deal someone said was being discussed was Asik, Lin, and an unprotected 1st round pick for Rondo (that deal came from Ric Bucher apparently)
    An unprotected 1st round pick from a likely Playoff bound Team is useless. That offer sucks for the Celtics.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    An unprotected 1st round pick from a likely Playoff bound Team is useless. That offer sucks for the Celtics.
    I was thinking that too, I wonder if Houston would take back Wallace and give them Parsons?

Larry rumored to have made call for Rondo?

http://www.indycornrows.com/2014/2/1...-pacers-buyers

If #Celtics truly want 2 unprotected first-round picks for Rondo, I'd imagine Larry Bird has already called offering that and more.

He's made multiple tweets about Pacers and Rondo.
    Last edited by Grimp; 02-18-2014 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Larry rumored to have made call for Rondo?

http://www.indycornrows.com/2014/2/1...-pacers-buyers

If #Celtics truly want 2 unprotected first-round picks for Rondo, I'd imagine Larry Bird has already called offering that and more.

He's made multiple tweets about Pacers and Rondo.
    Uh what could we offer that would be more than 2 first round picks? Especially considering ours could be the last pick in the first round

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Chris Sheridan's trolling for hits on his ****** blog

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Exclamation Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/02...do-in-a-trade/

C. Sheridan ESPN Trade machine'd a deal where G. Hill and Granger, plus 3 first rounders go to Boston for Rondo and Gerald 'Crash' Wallace.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

C. Sheridan ESPN Trade machine'd a deal where G. Hill and Granger, plus 3 first rounders go to Boston for Rondo and Gerald 'Crash' Wallace.
    yeah, Sheridan's a dumbass

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Ugh I'll take Stephenson and Hill over Rondo and Wallace

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    PG is not playing the 3 or the 2 with Granger. The label 3 or 2 only really applies to defensive assignments, and in that case PG will always cover the better offensive Wing player regardless if Granger is on the floor or not.
    Well again, I have to disagree. PG has to many issue on offense when guarded by the opposing 2. He has a very hard time controlling the ball off dribble and turning to the hole against the 2. They are quicker and screw with him to much.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Sports Logo

About that Knicks interested in getting a new Point Guard ( rumor from Grimp now is that they could be interested in Lin again ), it just seems like the Knicks have been looking.....like FOREVER....for a quality Starting PG. The Knicks have settled....TWICE...on Felton as the Starting PG and still aren't satisfied.

Do the Knicks have Counselors on hand for Raymond Felton everytime the Knicks appear to be looking for a new Starting PG?

Cuz Felton will always be the Bridesmade....but never the Bride....to the Knicks.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    About that Knicks interested in getting a new Point Guard ( rumor from Grimp now is that they could be interested in Lin again )
    That would be typical Knicks. He goes to Houston for 2 years - at a reasonable (5 million+) salary. Then, in a move by the Rockets to keep the Knicks from signing him 2 years ago is a HUGE 3rd year of 14.9 million. So, NY would end up paying it anyway. Funny stuff.

If Rondo is a Celtic during the offseason, I could definitely see us make a run at him, but changing out a starter in late Feb of a team that has been the best team record wise from day 1, seems unlikely to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    If Rondo is a Celtic during the offseason, I could definitely see us make a run at him, but changing out a starter in late Feb of a team that has been the best team record wise from day 1, seems unlikely to me.
    I can't really see us going after Rondo, he doesn't really fit our system that well

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't really see us going after Rondo, he doesn't really fit our system that well
    Not sure about that. He's a great defender and can pass the ball really well. I think Rondo would fit in quite well basketball wise. Although, his "knuckleheadness" would caution me of him. If we were to get Rondo, I don't know if I want him paired with Lance. And honestly, Lance and Rondo probably clash most basketball wise, as both really want the ball in their hands.

Rondo/Hill/George/West/Hibbert?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Rumor has us already making an offer for him. I have no idea if that is correct or not, but Rondo can play. If he came here, Pacers would find a way to make things work.

I've always thought that due to the fact that he can't really shoot the 3. I would assume if we somehow went after Rondo (unlikely in my eyes as well) we would move Lance in the deal due to the similarities within their game. We would then slide G.Hill to the 2 guard spot.

It would obviously make us a much smaller team in our backcourt, but both guys also play larger than their listed size.

I think offensively we would be fine as our other 4 starters that would remain are all good offensive options, and Rondo is one of the best passers in the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

2. Rajon Rondo and Kris Humphries to the Pacers — Danny Granger and George Hill to the Celtics
    The skinny: This is a risky move for a Pacers’ team that has rock-solid locker room chemistry and has played at a consistently high level without boasting an elite point guard. Hill, an IUPUI star, is a hometown guy and is widely regarded as one of the league’s most respected professionals. He’s a guy Pacers All-Stars Paul George, Roy Hibbert and team leader David West trust to run the show. But Rondo gives the Pacers the chance to add a game-changer at point guard, a guy who, come playoff time, has an edge in either the talent and/or championship-experience department with any other East point guard. The hang up, of course, is going to be Danny Ainge trying to do his usual and shake everything he can out of the Pacers’ pockets in the name of his rebuilding efforts. Granger and Hill are established players who could help facilitate any rebuilding plans for the more immediate future. Of course, Pacers boss Larry Bird doesn’t have to play ball. He doesn’t have to deal. He can go to battle in the playoffs with the roster as is, though there is a consensus among most observers that an upgrade at the point would give them a clear edge in matching up not only against the Miami Heat but any team that they could potentially face in The Finals, were they to reach that summit.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/0...=iref:nbahpt6f
    Impossible Is Nothing

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Romsey31 View Post
    2. Rajon Rondo and Kris Humphries to the Pacers — Danny Granger and George Hill to the Celtics
    The skinny: This is a risky move for a Pacers’ team that has rock-solid locker room chemistry and has played at a consistently high level without boasting an elite point guard. Hill, an IUPUI star, is a hometown guy and is widely regarded as one of the league’s most respected professionals. He’s a guy Pacers All-Stars Paul George, Roy Hibbert and team leader David West trust to run the show. But Rondo gives the Pacers the chance to add a game-changer at point guard, a guy who, come playoff time, has an edge in either the talent and/or championship-experience department with any other East point guard. The hang up, of course, is going to be Danny Ainge trying to do his usual and shake everything he can out of the Pacers’ pockets in the name of his rebuilding efforts. Granger and Hill are established players who could help facilitate any rebuilding plans for the more immediate future. Of course, Pacers boss Larry Bird doesn’t have to play ball. He doesn’t have to deal. He can go to battle in the playoffs with the roster as is, though there is a consensus among most observers that an upgrade at the point would give them a clear edge in matching up not only against the Miami Heat but any team that they could potentially face in The Finals, were they to reach that summit.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/0...=iref:nbahpt6f

Too risky...I'll take a healthy Hill and knowing that we have a shot at keeping Lance.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

http://grantland.com/features/orland...erstar-search/
    grantland.com
    by Zach Lowe

Interesting piece with a snippet about Lance.

This is why at least one team outside Indiana is going to throw a ton of money at Lance Stephenson in free agency. Stephenson is an unrestricted free agent, and 23-year-olds as good as Lance Stephenson almost never hit free agency unfettered so early in their careers. But the odds are probably against Orlando being one of those teams. Stephenson is a very good player, but there is anxiety around the league that he won’t be quite as selfless, on and off the court, if someone extracts him from the Indiana–Larry Bird cocoon of winning veterans. He also has some positional overlap with Oladipo, though in a modern NBA in which having multiple expert ball handlers on the floor at once is a basic necessity, they could easily function together
    1. The Terror of Lance Stephenson
    You can learn a lot about a team when you’re lucky enough to snag a courtside press-row seat, especially if you’re along the baseline next to that team’s bench. I had such an experience with the Pacers for the first time last week in Orlando, and the main thing I learned is that Lance Stephenson is even more terrifying at close range.
    We all know he loves to grab defensive rebounds, turn upcourt, and dribble like a madman down the middle — even if the numbers are against him. The power of that process is an incredible spectacle. Stephenson doesn’t just rebound the ball; he ensnares it with one hand, and then slams it into his other hand with such a loud thwack that it sounds as if someone has let off a loud firecracker. Stephenson is a snarling, speeding bull in the open court. LeBron might be the only player with the same combination of speed, size, strength, and outright ferocity.
    Stephenson doesn’t always make the right decision, and as his star has risen over the last couple of months, it seems he is more often choosing flashy highlight-chasing over sound fundamentals in the open floor. That probably drives Frank Vogel mad. But for a neutral observer, it only adds to the terror quotient.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure how GHill is in this Rondo conversation with Granger. You have to put Lance in that deal instead, because if you landed Rondo, then there is pretty much no way to keep Lance next year anyways. So you'd be giving up Granger, Hill, and losing Lance to just to have Rondo.

The trade for Rondo is the one you make after your team fails to win the championship. A sign and Trade with Stephenson involved. There is no reason to go after Rondo at this point. Best team in the league right now.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Deng is officially on the market....

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...t-On-Luol-Deng

"I'm your huckleberry"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So Rondo is at $12 mil this year then $13 mil next year (Hoops Hype numbers)? Isn't that about Lance territory this off-season anyway? Even if it's $3 mil more, isn't it worth it to make that deal since it DOES improve the team? Is it even debatable that Rondo would improve the team? I love Lance and what he brings to this team, but if the offer of Granger/Lance for Rondo/Humphries can be made to work and is accepted, I'm on board with it.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

31. The Following User Says Thank You to DocHolliday For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I'm not sure how GHill is in this Rondo conversation with Granger. You have to put Lance in that deal instead, because if you landed Rondo, then there is pretty much no way to keep Lance next year anyways. So you'd be giving up Granger, Hill, and losing Lance to just to have Rondo.

The trade for Rondo is the one you make after your team fails to win the championship. A sign and Trade with Stephenson involved. There is no reason to go after Rondo at this point. Best team in the league right now.
    A rondo-hill backcourt would make me puke. Pacers are about their size and length and the Pacers would lose that.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo

Deng is officially on the market....

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...t-On-Luol-Deng

The Cavs have some horrific combination of bad luck and bad FO Management. They gave up a lot of assets to get Deng....and now it seems that there is a very good chance that they could lose him for nothing

I'd hope that ( at most ) some Team offers them very late 1st round draft pick and an Expiring Contract for Deng. I can see a Team like the Bobcats or the Suns sending one of their multiple 1st round picks for a rental so that they can make a deeper playoff push.