Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

edit: Nevermind, thought we were talking about George Hill.

Larry ought to not do anything. Why mess with a championship level team?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had to reread this a few times before I realized we weren't talking about GEORGE Hill. I was going crazy for a second!
    Yeah, shoulda made that clearer. Jordan Hill from the Lakers.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

so apparently for the Nets to use their injury exception whoever they acquire has to be on an expiring contract. so yeah, nevermind.

Wow never knew how good Rondo has been playing recently. 13.0 ppg 9.0 apg on 59% shooting and 58% from 3 over his last 5 games

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post

You mess with it if you think you can improve it.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    You mess with it if you think you can improve it.
    That's why I get back to the notion that IF a trade is made…..it will be some "end of the bench" type trade…probably involving some combination of OJ and/or Butler ( mainly to get the Salaries working ) + the Warriors 2nd round 2014-2015 for some Expiring Contract ( roughly somebody with a $2.25 mil Expiring Contract ).

We're talking about some "Let's try out somebody that is better than OJ and/or Butler to see if they are able to help" type trade. At most, some minor trade for someone that may help the Team for the next couple of months. But my guess is that nothing happens…..the Pacers simply don't have the assets to interest any Team.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-18-2014 at 01:49 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...or-Rajon-Rondo

The Sacramento Kings offered the Boston Celtics a package of Isaiah Thomas, Ben McLemore and draft picks for Rajon Rondo, according to a source.

The deal did not go through due to Rondo's lack of interest in signing a long-term contract with the Kings.

The Celtics reportedly want multiple first round picks in a deal for Rondo.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Right now, the only guy I'd be looking to move is Copeland. I don't think his value is very high, but a playoff hopeful in need of shooting (Detroit, Grizzlies, Wolves, Kings, Clippers, Rockets, Bobcats) might send an expiring contract if the Pacers would be willing to kick in a future/conditional 2nd rounder (Sloan/OJ/Butler might be throw-ins to make salaries work). I think some sort of salary shuffling like that is the only sort of trade that the Pacers are thinking about right now. Wouldn't hurt to add a weapon deep in the bench, but I doubt any acquisition this deadline would really have any sort of meaningful role this spring.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Definitely understand it from Sacto's end if he apparently has no interest in staying, but that's a pretty damn good offer, probably the best Boston'll get. I think that's a mistake by Rondo honestly, Boston's gonna be in the dumps for a good minute, Sacto's in far better shape to be good and they'd definitely max him out. Not everything's ready made for you man.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's too bad. Rondo and Cousins would be a very nice duo, if they behaved that is.

My gut feeling says Rondo will end up in New York, I know it probably won't happen, but I just feel like it will

At this point, I dont want to even trade Cope away for salary relief... I dont want to upset the apple cart right now... I dont see Larry offloading any ammunition right now when we are poised to make a run for this championship... Copeland is like a bayonette; you hope you dont need it, but you will be glad to have one if you are in a position where you need one...

Sports Logo

I hear what you're saying, but Cope's a 3 million dollar luxury. That may not even be that, he can't get on the floor to prove that last year wasn't a fluke. I'm not saying it was one way or the other, just that we've got 3 mil wasting away on the bench next year next year. Scola's not been impressive, if Cope can't get on the floor ahead of him we're in trouble if we've gotta cut Scola and rely on Cope to man the backup 4 for another year older West.

I'm not trying to sound alarms or anything, I'm 100% on board with Legend's "worry about next year next year" stuff, but we really need to find a way to get a post project on the roster. Once PG's extension kicks in, once Lance's new deal kicks in, once Roy's new deal kicks in, just those 3 don't leave us room to sign 12 mil a year power forwards and 8 mil a year guards.

In short, this team's going to go through some pretty damn big upheaval assuming we keep Lance. Our money's more spread out than OKC, but it's the same scenario. Our current starting 5 simply isn't sustainable if we aren't going to pay the tax. Which means it's time to find our Reggie Jackson.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

I think that we are at the point where we are going to either a) bring in the ring chasers every year or b) get into this draft somehow and start making these draft picks be solid and immediate contributers... Both to me are unlikely, as I dont see many players seeing PG, Hibbert and Lance as a big three that all but guarentees a title...

The more and more I think about it, I think that we should consider the OKC model and look to move Lance for a plethora of young talent, and spread the talent and finances over multiple positions...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have faith in Solo being a rotation player next year, dude is smart as hell. But I agree we definitely need to find a project big to start grooming post-Scola and even post-West.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post

We're obviously not going to do anything rash like tinker with our lethal starting lineup, but if you can somehow improve the bench without it costing you money next year, then you absolutely do it. As great as this team has been this year, they haven't eliminated Miami yet. If Bird feels that he can improve this team's chances of making the Finals without putting next year's financial situation in jeopardy, then he will absolutely pull the trigger. This is the same mentality that led to the Bynum signing. Sure the team was obviously a championship contender with Mahinmi coming off the bench, but adding a far more talented player in Bynum makes our chances even better. Given Bird's obvious obsession with winning a championship this year, I can guarantee that he will be exploring every possible opportunity, however slim the possibilities may be.

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post

Would bringing in someone like (just picking one likely candidate) Luol Deng REALLY change much for us this year? Other than removing one stalwart from our locker room and replacing it with someone who is an unknown to our team, no... It really wouldn't change much.
    Luol Deng is significantly better than anyone coming off our bench right now. If you could somehow get him without it costing you too much, then you absolutely pull the trigger on that. The odds of it happening are slim, but I don't see how anyone could say that he wouldn't be a significant upgrade over what we have right now.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    I know that the "in thing" to do is hate on Danny, but lets not make things up to further our agenda... Granger has taken more than 12 shots this year exactly once... As a matter of fact, only 6 of his 27 games has he taken double digit fg attempts... He is averaging shy of 8 fga's a game which I feel is a good number for what we want out of Danny... The issue is he is hitting below 3 of those attempts... There is no basis for a claim that Granger is a chucker this year...
    I'm not hating on Danny, but if you look at his FGs per 48, his double digit attempts (approx 16) most certainly are in excess of 6 of 27 games. His shooting % is abysmal (36% on 2s, 33% on 3s). Let's just compare my 'chucking' statement to Paul George, who is only putting up 17 FGAs per 36 minutes (at 43%)...so I seriously am not making anything up. The perception that he chucks up shots on the second team is accurate statistically...and I think that has adversely impacted the second team and Scola. Scola is shooting 46%. Who should be shooting more here? Not Danny.

This past off season notwithstanding, Larry Bird himself called it right when he said Danny just doesn't put in the off season work like the rest of the guys...thus his perennial slow starts, this year included. I think in some ways him breaking down at what really is a relatively young age is due to this...look at Reggie, who had a stringent off-season regimen, and played relatively injury-free for 18 years.

I just think the only reason DG plays over say, CC, is due to defense and loyalty at this point...or even Rasual. But right now, it looks to me like Rasual would be a much better fit, team-concept wise, than DG.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kellogg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kellogg View Post
    I'm not hating on Danny, but if you look at his FGs per 48, his double digit attempts (approx 16) most certainly are in excess of 6 of 27 games. His shooting % is abysmal (36% on 2s, 33% on 3s). Let's just compare my 'chucking' statement to Paul George, who is only putting up 17 FGAs per 36 minutes (at 43%)...so I seriously am not making anything up. The perception that he chucks up shots on the second team is accurate statistically...and I think that has adversely impacted the second team and Scola. Scola is shooting 46%. Who should be shooting more here? Not Danny.

This past off season notwithstanding, Larry Bird himself called it right when he said Danny just doesn't put in the off season work like the rest of the guys...thus his perennial slow starts, this year included. I think in some ways him breaking down at what really is a relatively young age is due to this...look at Reggie, who had a stringent off-season regimen, and played relatively injury-free for 18 years.

I just think the only reason DG plays over say, CC, is due to defense and loyalty at this point...or even Rasual. But right now, it looks to me like Rasual would be a much better fit, team-concept wise, than DG.
    If we trade Danny, its because there is someone better available. Rasaul Butler isn't the answer. Doesn't have playoff experience.
    David "And One" West

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    The more and more I think about it, I think that we should consider the OKC model and look to move Lance for a plethora of young talent, and spread the talent and finances over multiple positions...
    This would have to be done after signing with us this summer. So this option would be a next season trade. Unlike Harden, Lance isn't restricted.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    If we trade Danny, its because there is someone better available. Rasaul Butler isn't the answer. Doesn't have playoff experience.
    Rasual Butler has played in 30 playoff games.

Danny Granger has played in 22.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kellogg View Post
    I'm not hating on Danny, but if you look at his FGs per 48, his double digit attempts (approx 16) most certainly are in excess of 6 of 27 games. His shooting % is abysmal (36% on 2s, 33% on 3s). Let's just compare my 'chucking' statement to Paul George, who is only putting up 17 FGAs per 36 minutes (at 43%)...
    Wait, you are comparing Danny's 16 FGA per 48 minutes to Paul's 17 FGA per 36 minutes all while saying you aren't trying to label Danny a chucker? By using different numbers that make Danny look worse in this situation, you are doing exactly that.

Does no one remember Danny's notoriously slow starts? Or the fact he sat for 2 years? Give the man some time. He was our best player in the playoff series against Chicago not too long ago, and he is one of the only players on our team that will stand up to LeBron instead of wanting to be his friend (looking at you PG). The man deserves the time to get his shooting back. I think his defense has been outstanding. And it will be a big advantage to have another big body to throw at LeBron in the playoffs.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HickeyS2000 For This Useful Post:

^^ Beat me to it.

Why do people post things without checking the info first ?? yeah - Butler came off the bench, but to say he has no playoff experience is just flat wrong.

Anyway ...... Butler has played just fine in the time he's got this year. And from what I've read/heard - is a great guy in the locker room. I don't think you get rid of that - especially at this time of the year.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Danny Granger
    Lance Stephenson
    CJ Watson
    Solomon Hill

For

Aaron Afflalo
    Jameer Nelson
    Maurice Harkless

Just wondering what you guys think. I'm using this as a value for Lance. Is it to much or not enough for lance. Just trying to find value for him.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Rasual Butler has played in 30 playoff games.
    13.5 minutes per game. 405 total minutes of playoff basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Danny Granger has played in 22.
    34.8 minutes per game. 765 total minutes of playoff basketball.

It's not particularly close, unless you think sitting on the bench counts as playoff experience, in which case Danny gets another 19 games tacked on to his résumé from this past postseason.

Of course, this is all irrelevant. Butler's not the answer because he's not very good; nothing more, nothing less.