Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JMO, but it is more likely that the Pacers make a big 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 type trade than anything else. A Danny, Hill and Lance for Rondo or Irving and filler type deal. Trading a couple of good players for one better player. Doesn't have to be a PG, it could be a different position. Not that there is much chance of it happening, but I don't see much chance at all of trading for cap space until after the season. Now is about making the team better.
    Ignoring that I seriously doubt that the Cavs would trade Irving and that I don't think that Rondo is a good fit for the Team ( since he is a ball-dominant PG that is a terrible 3pt shooter...hence the reason why Bird went after GH and CJ...they are both Off-the-Ball PGs that can shoot the 3pt shot ), I don't think that Bird is the type that would make a MAJOR move like trading GH or Lance that would adversely affect how this Team is playing.

NOTE - According to Sam Smith at http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/big-na...-deadline.html , the Celtics asking price for Rondo is two unprotected 1st round picks.

I've always thought that Bird believes in trying to make moves that would not affect the core of Players ( aka the Starters ) so that this Core of Players can keep and build Team Chemistry over time.

At most, I think that Bird will try to move Copeland ( which I doubt that he will be able to do that ) and/or ( at most ) make a "2 for 1" or "straight up trade" involving some combination of Butler and/or OJ along with one of the two 2nd round picks for another Player.

My guess is that any move that Bird will make will be a MINOR not MAJOR trade.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-17-2014 at 04:05 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I'm really of the belief Bynum was signed more to keep Miami from getting him than for any contributions from him on the court.
    I agree....I don't think that Bird would admit it as much...but I assume that it is PART of the reason for the signing. But I am guessing the primary motivation is to ( at best ) sign a Backup Center that SHOULD be a better backup to Hibbert than Mahinmi is and ( at worst ) becomes the 3rd Backup Center in the rotation ( which we will need come Playoff time when Teams start attacking both Hibbert and Mahinmi and start getting them into foul trouble ). Hence the very definition of a "Low Risk, High Reward" type move.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-17-2014 at 03:59 PM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I agree....I don't think that Bird would admit it as much...but I assume that it is PART of the reason for the signing. But I am guessing the primary motivation is to ( at best ) sign a Backup Center that SHOULD be a better backup to Hibbert than Mahinmi is and ( at worst ) becomes the 3rd Backup Center in the rotation ( which we will need come Playoff time when Teams start attacking both Hibbert and Mahinmi and start getting them into foul trouble ). Hence the very definition of a "Low Risk, High Reward" type move.
    We'd be the laughing stock of the league and furthermore destroying Ian's confidence. I TRUST BIRD.

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimePacerFan View Post
    Granger, Cope, and a future first for Deng! Please!!
    ARE YOU HIGH?

Luol Deng has not been close to 100 percent physically since joining the Cavs. He was bothered by a sore Achilles, and that limited his practice time. He also had the stomach flu and couldn't eat for three days in the final week before the All-Star break. The Cavs hope he can re-energize during the All-Star break, and his Achilles is feeling better.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 31Since1990 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Surprise surprise.....the Knicks are interested in every Team's Starter:

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/st...85504868319233

The Knicks clearly want to make moves...but the ONLY Asset that they have is Shumpert. Do they even have any 1st round draft picks anymore? That's what gets me about the Knicks,......they know that they need to make moves to improe the Team just to make Melo happy....but they don't have the necessary assets to make such a move. On top of that....I think a big part of the problem is with Mr. Potato Head.....( I'm talking about Woodson ). The Team is just horribly built while being saddled by big contracts that are unmmoveable ( Bargnani and Amare ).

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 31Since1990 View Post
    We'd be the laughing stock of the league and furthermore destroying Ian's confidence. I TRUST BIRD.
    Not sure what you are saying here......Bynum SHOULD HOPEFULLY pan out and become Hibbert's backup and ( at worst ) if he doesn't ( for whatever reason ) he becomes the 3rd Backup Center option.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    My same old trade thoughts with a small twist. If Larry is serious about leaving things intact until after the season then all ideas are moot. Granger, Copeland and Ian to the Lakers for Gasol and Nick Young. Gives LA some bodies to finish out the year and still have an expiring. Gives the Pacers a quality backup at the 4 and 5 as well as a young, cheap and decent backup 3 as well as clearing enough salary Cap to resign Lance next year after Gasol's expiring contract.
    We get why the Pacers would do that...but why would the Lakers make that trade? THEY DO NOT WANT TO ADD 2014-2015 Salary to their books...why would they want Copeland and Mahinmi added to their 2014-2015 books?

The Lakers can easily fill out their injury plagued roster with nobodies just to play out the season. At worst...they can get a 1st round pick ( maybe not multiple but at least one ) from the Suns and a huge Expiring in Okafor if they really wanted to dump Gasol.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    We get why the Pacers would do that...but why would the Lakers make that trade? THEY DO NOT WANT TO ADD 2014-2015 Salary to their books...why would they want Copeland and Mahinmi added to their 2014-2015 books?

The Lakers can easily fill out their injury plagued roster with nobodies just to play out the season. At worst...they can get a 1st round pick ( maybe not multiple but at least one ) from the Suns and a huge Expiring in Okafor if they really wanted to dump Gasol.

Unloading Nick Young's extra year I guess would be motivation. Copeland and Granger would be good pieces to put around Kobe. You're talking about a 20ppg all-star in Danny, when he's had a full off season/training camp and starts the season with everyone. No injuries or anything. Cope is a stretch 4 who's style would fit the Lakers and D'Antoni's system of offense, offense, and more offense. Ian is the weak link, but they can always amnesty him.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Unloading Nick Young's extra year I guess would be motivation. Copeland and Granger would be good pieces to put around Kobe. You're talking about a 20ppg all-star in Danny, when he's had a full off season/training camp and starts the season with everyone. No injuries or anything. Cope is a stretch 4 who's style would fit the Lakers and D'Antoni's system of offense, offense, and more offense. Ian is the weak link, but they can always amnesty him.
    Not a real reason for me for the Lakers to make such a move. Why would the Lakers want to unload Young's $1.22 mil Player Option 2014-2015 in favor of taking Copeland and Mahinmi's combined $7.1 mil guaranteed 2014-2015 Salary?

Besides....I would be extremely surprised if D'Antoni is with the Lakers next season....so getting a Stretch 4 IMHO would be pointless.

The Lakers are at a complete RESET point in the 2014-2015 season....my guess is that the Lakers will completely revamp their roster and Coach next season due to the HUGE AMOUNT of Capspace that they will have. They literally have only 4 to 5 Players on their roster with $36 mil on their books. At this point...they can completely rebuild the Team to fit whatever new Coach that they bring in and IMHO get a much cheaper Player to fill the same role that Copeland would fill.

Also...the Lakers CANNOT amnesty Mahinmi.....they can only amnesty Players that were on the books when the amnesty clause was added.

Back to my point......The Lakers want to completely re-vamp their roster while getting the most assets that they can amass.....I do not see any reasons why the Lakers would take your suggested trade ( which only adds to their 2014-2015 Salary Cap...which they don't want to do ) over what they will likely get ( at worst ) from the Suns.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-17-2014 at 05:24 PM.

Ian Begley
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...espnapi_public

League sources say a scenario in which Teague ends up in Toronto, Shumpert goes to Atlanta and Lowry winds up in New York has been discussed. Another scenario could have Teague ending up in New York. The conversations are believed to be preliminary and have not reached an advanced stage.

Bleacher Report: Not a rumor, but teams fanbase "Wishful" trade.

Pacers:
    Ben Udrih
    Metta World Peace

Knicks:
    Copeland

WTF Not a single fan would want MWP back in a Pacer uni. He'd single handedly jinx the season.

Also goes on to suggest that Dallas would trade Vince Carter straight up for Shane Battier.

Bleacher Report has gotten better since Time Warner bought them, but good lord, they must be hanging on to some of those sh*tty writers. Writer is a Miami fan more than likely.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    why the hell would Atlanta do that?

Sports Logo

I know it's just a rumor...but if it's true...I don't get why the Hawks would want to move Teague. He seems like a quality Starting PG signed at a really reasonable GH-like long-term contract.

I am guessing that he doesn't fit what the new Hawks Coach wants from his PG?

As for this rumored trade....who on Earth is going to run the point in ATL? They will use some combination of Shroeder, Shelvin Mack and LouWill?

They are in the midst of a Playoff run....and they would trade their Starting PG for Shumpert?

I really wonder if this is coming more from the Knicks as a trade proposal.....cuz this trade makes no sense for the Hawks. Shumpert for Teague? Please...that's just plain garbage.

At most, Lowry for Teague would make some logistical sense....but I'd assume that the Hawks would want more. Either way....I am still confused as to whether the Hawks has truly soured on Teague that much after re-signing him.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-17-2014 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    No joke. The way Teague has been playing, his deal is looking real good. Hawks would need picks back to take a serious downgrade in Shumpert.

The Hawks really should just start over though. Start trading assets for picks.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post

Pacers:
    Ben Udrih
    Metta World Peace

Knicks:
    Copeland

WTF Not a single fan would want MWP back in a Pacer uni. He'd single handedly jinx the season.

Also goes on to suggest that Dallas would trade Vince Carter straight up for Shane Battier.

Bleacher Report has gotten better since Time Warner bought them, but good lord, they must be hanging on to some of those sh*tty writers. Writer is a Miami fan more than likely.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! NO!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

I'd love for us to get Jordan Hill.

Sports Logo

No joke. The way Teague has been playing, his deal is looking real good. Hawks would need picks back to take a serious downgrade in Shumpert.

The Hawks really should just start over though. Start trading assets for picks.
    IMHO...the way to go with building a Team is to sign quality Starting Players like Teague and Milsap at very reasonable contracts like the one that he ( and GH ) got....$8-9.5 mil a year. Unless Teague is a COMPLETELY terrible fit for the Team.....I don't think that you trade a quality Starting PG at a good contract...that's just plain stupid.

Sports Logo

I can see why the Lakers would do this....purely to save $$$ to pay the LT.......as for why the Nets wouldn't do that......what's an additonal $17 mil to a Billionaire

I'd think that the Nets would go after Kaman instead of Hill.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-17-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Getting Teague for Shumpert would be robbery on the Knicks part. I don't think ATL would really consider that trade.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pacers:
    Ben Udrih
    Metta World Peace

Knicks:
    Copeland

So the Pacers trade the Knicks a player who did well in their system for two bench players who will never play in a close game. Makes total sense for us to give the Knicks one of their playoff weapons back for nothing when we could wind up playing them in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Sports Logo

Nets and Cavs are talking a Terry for Jack swap. Makes sense, they've both been big disappointments. Terry expires next year, Jack's got 3 more years on his deal, so you see why Cleveland does it. Nets do it cuz Billy King.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...on-terry-swap/

Nets and Cavs are talking a Terry for Jack swap. Makes sense, they've both been big disappointments. Terry expires next year, Jack's got 3 more years on his deal, so you see why Cleveland does it. Nets do it cuz Billy King.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...on-terry-swap/

If the Cavs are doing deals like that getting Miles or Deng should be no problem for Indy. Jack for old *** Terry? LOL

Sports Logo

Jack's been terrible this year. There's a reason he's been on 6 teams.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Jack's been terrible this year. There's a reason he's been on 6 teams.
    He did well on GS. Just too pricey for them to keep. But, for old *** Terry? Atleast stick em up for Plumlee or Livingston.