Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 704

Thread: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

  1. #26

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont understand why trade for Freddete and give him the back-up 2 minutes? Why not just give more minutes to Granger?


    this. Especially since Danny is about 1000x better player.

  2. #27

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    I have no idea what Grimp is going to do with himself after Thursday.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  4. #28

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    From Terry Pluto in Cleveland.

    The Cavs are looking for outside shooting. A big problem is spacing. Teams tend to clog the middle on the Cavs because they don't have a power forward -- or even a small forward -- with 3-point shooting range.
    http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index...2/post_82.html

  5. #29

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no idea what Grimp is going to do with himself after Thursday.
    I wish I loved something in life as much as Grimp loves fake NBA trades. I don't even mind his fifteen new fake trades a day, it's like watching a kid open presents on Christmas.

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:


  7. #30
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,943

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    We need to take certain circumstances into consideration. The reality of the Pacers SalaryCap situation for 2013-2014 season.....including Bynum...as of now....is $70.93 mil and the 2013-2014 LT is set at $71.6 mil. That means that AT MOST....the Pacers can take IN ONLY $678k before going over the LT. Add in that the Pacers will also have a $1.125 mil Trade Exception.

    To be clear...that means that the Pacers can only take back Players that pretty much has a comprable contract. We're not going to take back a Player that has a 2013-2014 salary that is that much higher than what we send out.

    A few Question to those that know:

    1 ) For Players on a Rookie contract where their Team Option isn't picked up in the following season....does he become a UFA or a RFA in that season? Jimmer's Team Option in 2014-2015 season wasn't picked up by the Kings....will he become a UFA or RFA in the 2014-2015 season? My guess is that he becomes a UFA.

    2 ) With the Trade Exception.....I think that it means that we can take back roughly $1.803 mil more in Salary without going over the LT. Is that correct?

    3 ) Other than Jimmer...anyone else out there that is like that? A Player that is at the end of a Rookie Contract that won't likely be returning to their Team in the 2014-2015 season?


    In regards to possibly trading for Jimmer....wasn't Bird interested in Jimmer when he came out of the draft?

    The Kings are HOPING for...a Prospect for Jimmer or an Expiring Contract + a future 1st....but no way are they going to get that. At most....they will get an Expiring + a 2nd round pick.

    Rasual + OJ + 2014-2015 2nd round Pick for Jimmer would work.

    Those are the the type of deals that the Pacers are going to make...if they make one...at most.

    A "Try out someone to see if they work out" for the rest of the season that will likely be gone as a UFA or RFA in the offseason that has an Expiring contract where the Team looking to move them wants nothing more than an Expiring Contract and a Draft Pick.....maybe not something with Jimmer....but a Player coming off of a Rookie Contract that some Team decided not to keep them for the long term.

    Other than a trade of Copeland ( which I am hoping for...but I really doubt that such a trade will happen ).....realistically, these are the only "upside" Opportunity trades that the Pacers can make.....low end trades involving the lower end Expiring Contracts like OJ and/or Rasual along with one of the two 2nd Round picks that hte Pacers have.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-17-2014 at 02:41 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  8. #31

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 ) With the Trade Exception.....I think that it means that we can take back roughly $1.803 mil more in Salary without going over the LT. Is that correct?
    No, the trade exception doesn't affect the amount of room we have under the luxury tax. If we're $678k under the tax than that's all the salary we can take on without going over.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:


  10. #32
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,943

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, the trade exception doesn't affect the amount of room we have under the luxury tax. If we're $678k under the tax than that's all the salary we can take on without going over.
    Sorry for the poor wording in regards to this question. Let's say the scenario is that the Pacers make a trade and end up OVER the LT by $1.803 mil.....doesn't the Trade Exception of $1.803 mil count towards that and lower the Salary Cap to below the LT?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  11. #33

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry for the poor wording in regards to this question. Let's say the scenario is that the Pacers make a trade and end up OVER the LT by $1.803 mil.....doesn't the Trade Exception of $1.803 mil count towards that and lower the Salary Cap to below the LT?
    Nope. The trade exception just allows you to take in a salary without sending out the normal amount of matching salary. But at the end of the year they add up all the salaries on the books and compare that to the luxury tax. Trade exceptions don't factor into that at all.

    Trade exceptions are only valuable if you are willing to add salary. We're not in that boat, so it's useless to us right now.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:


  13. #34
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,943

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope. The trade exception just allows you to take in a salary without sending out the normal amount of matching salary. But at the end of the year they add up all the salaries on the books and compare that to the luxury tax. Trade exceptions don't factor into that at all.

    Trade exceptions are only valuable if you are willing to add salary. We're not in that boat, so it's useless to us right now.
    Damn....ok...so that means that the Trade Exception only helpful if the Player we get back doesn't push us over the LT. right?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  14. #35

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn....ok...so that means that the Trade Exception only helpful if the Player we get back doesn't push us over the LT. right?
    If we just traded a draft pick for a player then we could use the trade exception but the player would have to have a contract under $678k to keep us under the luxury tax. And we'd have to cut someone to open a roster spot and eat their salary. That's not going to happen.

    If we make a trade, we'll probably send out salary approximately equal to the salary we get back. We're so close to the luxury tax that I doubt the trade exception will come into play.

    For example, if we traded Copeland to Cleveland for Gee (I made that trade up, it's not a rumor) we'd be taking on $250k but wouldn't have to use the trade exception to do it because the salaries are within the normal limits.

    It's very unlikely that we make a trade before the deadline that uses the trade exception in any way.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:


  16. #36
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,805

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? I thought everyone was saying this was going to be a big deadline in terms of moves made
    Too many sellers, not enough buyers. Teams are hoarding their first rounders like crazy.

    In hindsight, did we move too soon on the Scola trade? Feels like we could have gotten more return for our pick now, with so many motivated sellers a.k.a. tankers. FWIW, I think picks have become even more overrated than there were before, so I don't mind trading ours, but maybe we could have gotten more value back. For example, the rumor right now is that the offers for Evan Turner are either Portland's 1st (via CHA) or San Antonio's 1st - both picks comparable to ours. If you figure that Plumlee was used to dump Green's salary, then Scola basically cost us the same price as Turner is going for supposedly. Scola did help us win some games earlier in the season, but he's looked like crap recently, and in any case I think Turner is better. Plus holding Turner's RFA rights, we'll have a better fallback in case Lance leaves.

    Oh well, water under the bridge, but I suppose we couldn't have predicted that Scola would fall off so badly, or that our backup wings (Danny, Orlando, and Solo) would be so underwhelming.

  17. #37
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,526

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    No giving MORE minutes to Granger until he starts playing better than he is now, please.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:


  19. #38

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    . . . 1 ) For Players on a Rookie contract where their Team Option isn't picked up in the following season....does he become a UFA or a RFA in that season? Jimmer's Team Option in 2014-2015 season wasn't picked up by the Kings....will he become a UFA or RFA in the 2014-2015 season? My guess is that he becomes a UFA.
    You are correct. He becomes a UFA.

    Otherwise the teams could jerk guys around at the end of the rookie contracts. The team can get him on his rookie contract numbers or he becomes a UFA.

  20. #39

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    My same old trade thoughts with a small twist. If Larry is serious about leaving things intact until after the season then all ideas are moot. Granger, Copeland and Ian to the Lakers for Gasol and Nick Young. Gives LA some bodies to finish out the year and still have an expiring. Gives the Pacers a quality backup at the 4 and 5 as well as a young, cheap and decent backup 3 as well as clearing enough salary Cap to resign Lance next year after Gasol's expiring contract.
    Last edited by Cousy47; 02-17-2014 at 08:45 AM.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:


  22. #40
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,828

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    If anyone goes I think it'll be Copeland
    "We want Miami"

  23. #41

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly don't know why Butler doesn't play more spot minutes...dude is shooting well right now.

    Good question. I've been on the Rasual getting more PT bandwagon for sometime now.

    As far as Crawford goes, he's a blackhole who has never seen a shot he didn't like. The only reason he needs the other 4 players on the court is to reb and feed him the ball. I was against getting him 2 years ago and nothing has changed.

    PASS PASS PASS!

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  25. #42

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, we already have talented players that could fill any need for the bench but they can't get on the floor. Granger could also pick up more minutes but Frank doesn't seem to want to budge from the predetermined rotation. I hope Bynum can get a chance to contribute but I'm a little worried that he won't get the touches when he's on the floor any more then Roy is. If we want to get more from the bench or from the post it's there for us, the last thing we need is a trade.

    I'm really of the belief Bynum was signed more to keep Miami from getting him than for any contributions from him on the court.

  26. #43
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,630

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm really of the belief Bynum was signed more to keep Miami from getting him than for any contributions from him on the court.
    But if you're keeping him from Miami, doesn't it mean that you think he has something left in the tank? Otherwise, why would you care if he went there? And if he does have something left in the tank, then it means he has something to offer to the Pacers too. If Bynum is just remotely healthy and motivated, he has enough talent to outplay Mahinmi with his pinky. I think Bird saw that the second unit would forever have an achilles heel as long as we have a backup center who cannot even make elementary offensive plays. If Bynum can play, he opens up so many offensive possibilities with the second unit. Imagine Lance, DG, or CJ passing to a center who can actually score.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  28. #44

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anyone goes I think it'll be Copeland
    JMO, but it is more likely that the Pacers make a big 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 type trade than anything else. A Danny, Hill and Lance for Rondo or Irving and filler type deal. Trading a couple of good players for one better player. Doesn't have to be a PG, it could be a different position. Not that there is much chance of it happening, but I don't see much chance at all of trading for cap space until after the season. Now is about making the team better.

  29. #45

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But if you're keeping him from Miami, doesn't it mean that you think he has something left in the tank? Otherwise, why would you care if he went there? And if he does have something left in the tank, then it means he has something to offer to the Pacers too. If Bynum is just remotely healthy and motivated, he has enough talent to outplay Mahinmi with his pinky. I think Bird saw that the second unit would forever have an achilles heel as long as we have a backup center who cannot even make elementary offensive plays. If Bynum can play, he opens up so many offensive possibilities with the second unit. Imagine Lance, DG, or CJ passing to a center who can actually score.
    I totally agree with you. Bynum is a two way player. Ian is a defensive player. Signing Bynum has the potential to be great. Best case he is the 2nd best player on the team. Reasonable expectation is Bynum is what all the rotation guys on the team are. A guy that can defend his position, can score from his position and, unless guarded by a good defender, will force a double team.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  31. #46
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,988

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. WE NEED A SHOOTER off the bench. I still hope we get Gary Neal or Deng. Neal I remember in the Finals last year lit Miami up off the bench. We could get him from Milwaukee without even moving Granger, considering he's disgruntled in that current situation.
    *cough*Copeland*cough*

    What good will a shooter do unless he can play defense. That's my only guess as to why Copeland can't get playing time over Granger. Granger isn't lighting anything up other than a bad shooting %. His defense has been average, imo.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  32. #47
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,828

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JMO, but it is more likely that the Pacers make a big 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 type trade than anything else. A Danny, Hill and Lance for Rondo or Irving and filler type deal. Trading a couple of good players for one better player. Doesn't have to be a PG, it could be a different position. Not that there is much chance of it happening, but I don't see much chance at all of trading for cap space until after the season. Now is about making the team better.
    I do not see Hill or Lance being traded at all. Granger maybe
    "We want Miami"

  33. #48

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do not see Hill or Lance being traded at all. Granger maybe
    I don't see anyone being traded unless it is a much better player coming back. Some kind of no-brain'er trade, as it were.

    But if the right kind of trade chance happens, there is no one on the team that won't be available.

  34. #49

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    From Sam Smith.

    The asking price if you can get Rondo is said to be two unprotected first rounders.
    http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/big-na...-deadline.html

  35. #50

    Default Re: NBA 2013-2014 Trade Deadline / Rumor Thread - Deadline is this Thursday 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Granger, Cope, and a future first for Deng! Please!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •