Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wells report: Richie Incognito, John Jerry, Pouncey harassed Martin

Default Re: Wells report: Richie Incognito, John Jerry, Pouncey harassed Martin

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atl

Richie Incognito visiting with Buccaneers

It's come down to this for the ragtag offensive line of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

NFL Media's Albert Breer reported that the team is bringing in free-agent guard Richie Incognito for a Monday visit, per team sources.

Tampa is "being thorough" in allowing Incognito to make his first sojourn to a team since the Dolphins suspended him last season in response to Miami's bullying scandal, per NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport.

The Bucs would need to approve of the total package, but struggles at the guard position have created a burning need for help. Oniel Cousins, Jamon Meredith and Patrick Omameh have been a comprehensive disaster over three preseason games.

It's important to note that Incognito has yet to be fully reinstated to play in the regular season. NFL Media's Jeff Darlington noted that the lineman's status has been a month-long sticking point in the 11th-year veteran's quest to latch on with another club.

Darlington reported that several teams are interested in Incognito's services, but he's only been reinstated for the preseason. Full clearance, though, is expected soon, Darlington was told.

Incognito never saw the field last season due to the suspension, but his body of work in 102 career starts is an upgrade over what Tampa Bay currently houses. Few players in recent memory come attached with more baggage, but if the Bucs feel Incognito can fit in, this could lead to a signing.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No, damn it. Keep that garbage outta here. I'd rather have a line that plays liek garbage, than a lineman that is garbage.

ESPN just said Pagano told the Star that he wouldn't rule out looking at Incognito. Please don't do it Chuck.

I think he was just being diplomatic here there's only a cause for concern if it actually happens.

He's a turd, he's not particularly good, and he's 31 years old
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

That's what it comes down to whether he's good enough to take the chance. I personally don't think he is.

However if the Colts take him on I think if he produces fans will root for that I don't find him that polarizing compared to say Michael Vick, Terrell Owens.

I think most fans will root for the team regardless doesn't mean you have to like every player on it(that's just an added bonus)

In the meantime its only speculation.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd rather kick the tires on Rae Carruth in 2018...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

He may not be the player he was a few years ago, but he's probably better than 80% of the Colts' O-line. And it's not like the other 52 guys on the team are choir boys.

I don't have a personal interraction with any of these guys, so I couldn't care less if any given guy is a D. If he can play, if he can open a place for guys to run, if he can help keep Luck vertical - go ahead and do it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He may not be the player he was a few years ago, but he's probably better than 80% of the Colts' O-line. And it's not like the other 52 guys on the team are choir boys.

I don't have a personal interraction with any of these guys, so I couldn't care less if any given guy is a D. If he can play, if he can open a place for guys to run, if he can help keep Luck vertical - go ahead and do it.
    This is the only thing that would make me even consider it. If Luck goes down, we're screwed...even worse than the Pacers without PG.