Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wells report: Richie Incognito, John Jerry, Pouncey harassed Martin

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Wells report: Richie Incognito, John Jerry, Pouncey harassed Martin

Never half-a** two things. Whole-a** one thing.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CompACE For This Useful Post:

RWB

Default Re: Wells report: Richie Incognito, John Jerry, Pouncey harassed Martin

Started reading the entire report.... hope Incognito enjoys playing arena football.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Started reading the entire report.... hope Incognito enjoys playing arena football.
    Yep. He sounds like a scumbag. I guess there was sort of evidence that pointed to this before this year, but this just confirms that 100%.

Once again thanks for the link or wouldn't have seen the report.

Of interest to Colts fans in the report. http://www.nfldolphinsreport.com/

Incognito entered the NFL draft in 2005. NFL scouts regarded him as a talented and hard-working player, but his arrest record and other behavioral shortcomings made him a risk. One scouting report, for example, stated: “This is an overly aggressive player. He will hit you in the back & is liable to cost the team. . . . I would be very concerned about his character.” At least three teams (the Colts, the Patriots and the Ravens) reportedly passed on Incognito during the draft because of character concerns.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Dolphins’ Offensive Line Coach Jim Turner was aware of the running “joke” that Player A was gay, and on at least one occasion, he participated in the taunting. Around Christmas 2012, Coach Turner gave the offensive linemen gift bags that included a variety of stocking stuffers. The gifts included inflatable female dolls for
    all of the offensive linemen except Player A, who received a male “blow-up” doll.
    enjoy unemployment

So Martin can tell a player he's going to anally rape his family with a condom made from sandpaper and that's not harassment? If they're going to name all people who were involved in bullying, then how does Martin get a pass?
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    So Martin can tell a player he's going to anally rape his family with a condom made from sandpaper and that's not harassment? If they're going to name all people who were involved in bullying, then how does Martin get a pass?
    Martin says he made comments like that to fit in (I guess he REALLY wanted to fit in):
    Martin also asserted that he befriended Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey in an effort to reduce their abuse and that he sometimes participated in their vulgar banter in an effort to fit in. The evidence shows that Martin was distressed by his teammates' language, but attempted to hide his pain, believing that he was too sensitive and that the barbs would stop after his rookie year. We will never know whether a stronger reaction by Martin would have stopped his teammates' behavior or exacerbated it. But Martin told us that he did not view a physical response as a viable option.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As CompAce said, Martin stated that he said a lot of what he did because he wanted to fit in and make the bullying stop. He wanted to befriend the scumbag that was making his life miserable in hope that he would stop bullying because they were "friends." In the mind of someone being bullied ti make sense because you are desperate to make the bullying stop.

Martin obviously knew it was not going to stop if he went to the head of the Dolphins because their coach was joining in on the fun.

Incognito just the definition of trash, but given the culture of football and locker rooms I fully expect him to have a job way before Martin ever does.

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    Incognito just the definition of trash, but given the culture of football and locker rooms I fully expect him to have a job way before Martin ever does.
    After reading the full report I really have my doubts. This guy sounds like roids have just ate his brain and know the media is going to pull out the meanest snippets (like they already have) to get the most attention. Simply Incognito is not worth the price for your franchise as he's not some pro bowl left tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post

Martin obviously knew it was not going to stop if he went to the head of the Dolphins because their coach was joining in on the fun.
    His mom is a lawyer. Not to mention all he had to do was tell one single reporter and the whole thing would have blown up.

It just sounds like an excuse a kid gives when he and his friends got busted doing something wrong. Peer pressure exists but its also an escape route.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

His mom is a lawyer. Not to mention all he had to do was tell one single reporter and the whole thing would have blown up.

It just sounds like an excuse a kid gives when he and his friends got busted doing something wrong. Peer pressure exists but its also an escape route.
    Martin went to extremes to fit in but had no history of that kind of behavior. Probably poor choice to win approval but these guys are low lives and he thought had to sink to their level.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah an NFL player just run to a reporter... That's just not gonna happen.

Am I the only person who thinks that this is the most uninteresting story ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Am I the only person who thinks that this is the most uninteresting story ever?

If by uninteresting its not really as salacious as the media hypes it up to be? Yeah I would agree. I think a lot of lockerrooms are like this more than we want to think.

This is an example of the NFL lockerroom culture eating itself from within.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Yeah an NFL player just run to a reporter... That's just not gonna happen.
    His mother is a lawyer who graduated from Harvard, who spent two decades in employment litigation.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...miami-dolphins

For someone who had that type of legal expertise in his corner, to handle it the way he did, just doesn't sit right. I understand bending to peer pressure, but once the **** hit the fan and the story was pouring out through the media, why is Martin texting Richie telling him that it's not Richie's fault and that they're best friends, etc?

That's not peer pressure at that point. That's damage control.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    If by uninteresting its not really as salacious as the media hypes it up to be? Yeah I would agree. I think a lot of lockerrooms are like this more than we want to think.

This is an example of the NFL lockerroom culture eating itself from within.
    I think it's interesting in that some of these guys seem to be just depraved. Use of the N word seems to be common and used by all? No one seems to have minded. Incognito controlling O-line meetings and having them at strip joints. Who made Incognito boss? These are supposed to be college educated athletes. Is the colts locker room anything like this or does it take a bottom dweller like Incognito to pull everyone around him down?

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    I think it's interesting in that some of these guys seem to be just depraved. Use of the N word seems to be common and used by all? No one seems to have minded. Incognito controlling O-line meetings and having them at strip joints. Who made Incognito boss? These are supposed to be college educated athletes. Is the colts locker room anything like this or does it take a bottom dweller like Incognito to pull everyone around him down?

I'm sure there are exceptions but there's a reason why many NFL teams stayed out of this one because its how it is usually and it doesn't bother them.

I don't think when Dungy ran the team the lockerroom was like this or that they were perfect angels either it was probably in between and pretty tame compared to this.

Not sure about the Colts we have now its only been a couple of years.

Now when Mora was coach? Yeah I think this was the norm.

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

NFL locker rooms are a lot more like Any Given Sunday than people want to admit. They're 20 somethings that have a short amount of time, in most cases, to get paid well to knock the **** out of each other. They're freaking animals.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

To be honest, half the resturants and warehouses I've worked in while I was younger were like this.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:

Doesn't seem worthy of its own thread, so here ya go:

http://extramustard.si.com/2014/02/2...-baseball-bat/

Turns Out Richie Incognito’s Ferrari Got Smashed Up by… Richie Incognito

26. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/develo...ntal-hospital/

FOX 10 News | myfoxphoenix.com

After a trying last few months, and more recently — the release of his text messages with Jonathan Martin and his parents divorce — reality has caught up with Richie Incognito, as he has decided to check himself into a psychiatric hospital in the greater Phoenix area. Coming on the heels of a confirmed report that he smashed up his $300k Ferrari FF hatchback with a baseball bat, TMZ has revealed the former Dolphins’ OL will be sitting the next few plays out at an undisclosed facility near his Scottsdale home.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

So Incognito is going incognito. Been waiting a few years to bust that one out.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

That's whats wrong with hero worship in America. We are worshipping the wrong heroes. I would say that a good percentage of all professional sports teams are jerks, idiots, and even scumbags if you really knew the person and all the behind the scenes goings on. There is a sense of entitlement with a lot of these guys. I've heard a few things even about golden boy Peyton Manning that doesn't quite fit the public view. It's like a friend of mine whose idol was Gene Simmons of KISS. When he finally met Gene, He turned out to be the biggest jerk imaginable. My friend was crushed. Sometimes it's better not to know.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    That's whats wrong with hero worship in America. We are worshipping the wrong heroes. I would say that a good percentage of all professional sports teams are jerks, idiots, and even scumbags if you really knew the person and all the behind the scenes goings on. There is a sense of entitlement with a lot of these guys. I've heard a few things even about golden boy Peyton Manning that doesn't quite fit the public view. It's like a friend of mine whose idol was Gene Simmons of KISS. When he finally met Gene, He turned out to be the biggest jerk imaginable. My friend was crushed. Sometimes it's better not to know.
    I don't know anyone that worshipped Incognito but otherwise I would agree but I think that applies to anyone not just athletes. Ignorance is bliss when it comes to most people.

Unless its something truly heinous I don't really care to know.

However how can your friend not realize Gene was a jerk? He was always an unapologetic one in various interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I don't know anyone that worshipped Incognito but otherwise I would agree but I think that applies to anyone not just athletes. Ignorance is bliss when it comes to most people.

Unless its something truly heinous I don't really care to know.

However how can your friend not realize Gene was a jerk? He was always an unapologetic one in various interviews.
    I would agree with you about Gene when it comes to dealing with the media and women and such, but pretty sure that is not what KISS stands for in dealing with it's fan base. I wish I could remember exactly what Gene said or did to him, but it was not nice. Gene was never a favorite of mine even being a HUGE KISS fan as a kid. My whole point is that many times how we perceive a person in the spotlight is quite different from the person they really are. Can be quite an eye opener if you are caught off guard by it.