Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 47 of 47

Thread: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

  1. #26
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    why is that funny. Not funny to me

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,462

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    I don't blame Bynum. Cleveland is a circus, and he was another performer
    David "And One" West

  4. #28
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,299

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    From everything I've heard, he was just as disruptive in Los Angeles. So while blaming it on the shitshow that is Cleveland may not be accurate. Of course, Mike Brown was also in Los Angeles so there are two common denominators. I'm sure both have some blame.

    For the record, I don't anticipate any issues here. He knows he's got one more chance to prove to people he's worth another contract. He's not going to jeopardize that. And David West wouldn't allow him to even if he were that stupid.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  5. #29

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From everything I've heard, he was just as disruptive in Los Angeles.
    In the video on Pacers.com (link in other Bynum thread), Brian Shaw says Bynum is a good guy. He recommended him to the Pacers and said it was a great pickup. Shaw coached him in LA.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:


  7. #30

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    I do remember Bynum jacking 3's when he played for the Lakers.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  8. #31

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Seems like a double standard to me. If Bynum had signed with the Heat instead I think most people would read this article and say that they were glad he didn't come to Indiana

    I was not, and still am not happy with this signing. I am convinced we could've won a championship without him, I don't think our chances improve with him, I don't think Miami beats us with or without him - and now the only consequence of our signing him is this idiot gets a real shot at a third championship ring

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SkipperZ For This Useful Post:


  10. #32

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Quote Originally Posted by SkipperZ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems like a double standard to me. If Bynum had signed with the Heat instead I think most people would read this article and say that they were glad he didn't come to Indiana

    I was not, and still am not happy with this signing. I am convinced we could've won a championship without him, I don't think our chances improve with him, I don't think Miami beats us with or without him - and now the only consequence of our signing him is this idiot gets a real shot at a third championship ring
    487 post in 10 years. Wow! I wouldn't of figured the Bynum signing would merit one of your post.

    To your point though I think most people would want a reason to say "Well I am glad he isn't on my team" response becuase thats what we do as fans. Regardless though I think it all depends on how Bynum plays on the court and there is history to say that he can be a valueable piece to a championship team.

  11. #33

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Brandon Marshall did something similar. Look at him now.

  12. #34
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,246

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    That's obviously a sign of a self-absorbed child in a 300lb frame. I don't care how bad that franchise is, there is no excuse. In any event, I'm happy he's on the Pacers instead of the Heat. We have two options. We can cut him if he acts up or his knees are really toast...or he grows a brain while in Indy and he contributes to a dynasty. Neither are bad options.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  14. #35
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,960

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Sounds pretty immature to me, but it could've been worse I suppose.

  15. #36
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,381

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the video on Pacers.com (link in other Bynum thread), Brian Shaw says Bynum is a good guy. He recommended him to the Pacers and said it was a great pickup. Shaw coached him in LA.
    I watched that video and I didn't get the impression that Shaw "recommended" Bynum to the Pacers. His answers were pretty qualified. He said the Pacers did contact him to ask about Bynum but he didn't say what he told them.

  16. #37
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,381

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From everything I've heard, he was just as disruptive in Los Angeles.
    Well you can't just say **** like that and expect us not to ask what it is that you heard. So...what did you hear about Bynum in LA?

  17. #38
    Get well PG! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't blame Bynum. Cleveland is a circus, and he was another performer
    How we respond to adversity says as much as how we respond to prosperity. Doesn't professionalism demand a better response?

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:


  19. #39

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watched that video and I didn't get the impression that Shaw "recommended" Bynum to the Pacers. His answers were pretty qualified. He said the Pacers did contact him to ask about Bynum but he didn't say what he told them.
    He said "I think it's a great pick up for them". He said a ton of positive things about Andrew. He wasn't "qualifying" his answers at all. You need to watch it again.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:


  21. #40
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,624

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why is that funny. Not funny to me
    I have to agree with you.

    If I were to ignore that I'm a Pacer fan....I can see how that whole situation is funny.

    But given that we just signed this guy and there is an expectation that he will be a key member of the rotation....I look at what happened and think that it's not professional at all to act the way he did. I know that there is rumblings that the Cavs are really messed up.....but recognizing that there is a problem and only adding to it? Not good IMHO.

    Luckily, he signed with one of the two Teams that could likely turn him around....so I really hope that everyone from the FO to the Players to the Coaching Staff is able to reign him in. But I won't lie and say that this revelation doesn't give me warm feelings about Bynum "the Player and person".

    But again....all of this will be forgotten once he starts playing and we can see what he's capable of doing....it will all be "water under the bridge".
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  22. #41
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,381

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He said "I think it's a great pick up for them". He said a ton of positive things about Andrew. He wasn't "qualifying" his answers at all. You need to watch it again.
    Nah, I don't think so. The biggest one I heard was "if he's healthy". He didn't say anything about Andrew's attitude but I know ringing endorsements when I hear them and I did not get that impression from the Shaw interview. I think his view was generally like everyone else's: If Bynum is healthy he will help and the signing was a good one because it was low risk.

  23. #42
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,624

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't blame Bynum. Cleveland is a circus, and he was another performer
    A more mature Player wouldn't have joined the circus.....a more mature and professional Player would have risen about it, simply go in and do his job. Does the Cavs Organization suck right now and an utter mess? Yep....but that doesn't mean that Players should add to the mess.

    I just mark this as a "negative" in the character column for me and hope that the Pacers Organization ( as a whole ) will do a much better job of guiding him in the right direction.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  24. #43

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah, I don't think so. The biggest one I heard was "if he's healthy". He didn't say anything about Andrew's attitude but I know ringing endorsements when I hear them and I did not get that impression from the Shaw interview. I think his view was generally like everyone else's: If Bynum is healthy he will help and the signing was a good one because it was low risk.
    I think we all know "if he's healthy" applies already without Shaw having to say it. I didn't find that "qualification" surprising or note worthy.

    Shaw said "He's a good guy, he's not a bad guy". You don't think that was about his attitude? Odd. We all know why Shaw felt the need to say it.

    I thought Shaw was very forthright in the interview and came off well. He seemed very sincere to me.

  25. #44
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,381

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we all know "if he's healthy" applies already without Shaw having to say it. I didn't find that "qualification" surprising or note worthy.

    Shaw said "He's a good guy, he's not a bad guy". You don't think that was about his attitude? Odd. We all know why Shaw felt the need to say it.

    I thought Shaw was very forthright in the interview and came off well. He seemed very sincere to me.
    Different interpretations. I read between the lines a lot with these things so I could be overanalyzing.

  26. #45
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,858

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    I still think its hilarious. Yes its immature, stupid, and 100 other bad thing, but I just find it hilarious. Kyrie passes him the ball, and Bynum be all like "SHOOT THE J!"

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  28. #46
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,299

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well you can't just say **** like that and expect us not to ask what it is that you heard. So...what did you hear about Bynum in LA?
    He literally did the exact same thing during a practice his last season in LA. He was kicked out of that one and fined but not suspended. He was openly defiant towards Mike Brown. The dislike between those two was mutual which made his signing in Cleveland all the weirder. And nobody seemed to think Bynum was too into basketball.

    http://www.dailynews.com/sports/2013...ith-the-lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Medina, Los Angeles Daily News
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But Bynum soured his All-Star season with various antics. Bynum was benched during a game in the 2011-12 season for launching an ill-advised 3-pointer. He drew ejections from two games in a two-week span. Bynum also skipped a meeting with Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak and was fined for his conduct.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...us-infractions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Golliver, CBSSports.com
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The incorrigible one just took a hit in the wallet.

    All-Star center Andrew Bynum has reportedly been fined by the Los Angeles Lakers for committing "numerous infractions," according to an ESPLA.com report. The amount of the fine is not known but it's punishment for his recent behavior.

    One of the stunts that warranted the fine from the team was Bynum blowing off a meeting with Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak.

    Bynum told ESPNLosAngeles.com he was unaware of the fine before getting into his car outside the Lakers practice facility and driving away following the team's shootaround in preparation for their game against the New Jersey Nets on Tuesday.
    It's been one act of pointless rebellion after another for Bynum.

    During a win over the Golden State Warriors last week, Bynum hoisted a 3-pointer and was immediately benched by Lakers coach Mike Brown.

    "I took one, I'ma take some more," Bynum said, unapologetically, after the game. He also questioned whether the shot was "bench-worthy."

    Earlier this week, Bynum told reporters that he doesn't bother participating in Lakers huddles during games.

    "I don't take part in the huddles," Bynum said. "I'm resting. Getting my Zen on."

    Meanwhile, back at All-Star Weekend, in what feels like an eternity ago, Royce Young of CBSSports.com reported that Bynum spent a press availability complaining that Brown should give him the ball more.

    "Crunch-time has been tough for us," Bynum said at the time. "Because we're not moving the ball, not playing the same style of basketball that got us where we were at. And really, that has a lot to do with the coaches and just kind of getting people in the spots that are going to make them successful...If I'm doing good things with my touches, I just have to get the ball."

    Bynum's battles with immaturity are a mile long. He began the season suspended for a dirty hit on J.J. Barea during last year's playoffs and he has a lengthy list of traffic violations.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  30. #47
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why is that funny. Not funny to me
    It's like something out of a Saturday night live skit.

    If I was his couch I wouldn't think it's funny, but since I'm just a fan I think it's pretty damn hilarious.

    I already knew Bynum was a 280 pound child so this really doesn't surprise me at all.

    We are talking about a guy who re-injured his surgically repaired knee because he really wanted to go bowling.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •